AMIE entrance exam 2012
Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (AMIE) is an entrance exam conducted by Institution of Engineers in India (IEI). This institution provided various engineering degree courses to those students who are not capable to study the course through regular a regular course. The selection of the eligible candidates for this course is done by this entrance test. The course offered by this institute has same value as the AICTE B.Tech courses. The exam is conducted for the Diploma Stream and for the Non Diploma Stream. The duration of the course is four years. The test is conducted two times in a year as a summer and winter exam. This exam provides an opportunity for large number of candidates who have a wish to obtain an Engineering degree. The courses are divided into section A and Section B. The courses are listed below.
Structure of (AMIE) Entrance Exam
The candidates have to qualify the written test for getting admission for the courses offered by Associate Membership of the institution of Engineers. The written test is conducted on two different sections. Section A is compulsory for all candidates. It is different for the Diploma stream (Non Technical membership) and Non Diploma Stream ( Technical Membership) candidates. After completing section A test the candidates have to undergo a Project work. Those who submit a better project will be selected for attending the Section B of the exam. The candidates have to select the engineering discipline in this section. In section B the candidates have to attend 10 papers of which seven of them are compulsory papers and remaining three are optional papers. Each exam has duration of three hours.
Syllabus of (AMIE) Entrance Exam
The exam is divided into two sections of questions. The topics for the exam are described below.
Diploma Stream (For Senior Technician Members)
- Engineering Mathematics
- Material Science
- Elements of Electrical Engineering and Electronics
- Elements of Computer Science
- Society, Environment and Engineering
Non Diploma Stream (For Technician Members)
- Mathematics I
- Mathematics II
- Engineering Drawing and Graphics
- Electrical Science
- Mechanical Science
- Natural Science
- Material Science and Processes
- Fundamentals of Electronics and Instrumentation
- Computer System and Data Analysis
- Engineering, Environment and Society
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics and Communications Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical and Material Science Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Production Engineering
- Textile Engineering
For Technical Membership
The candidates who have completed their Higher Secondary Examination from any recognized board with the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English can apply for the test. Those who have completed their graduation in physics, mathematics or chemistry or completed their first year engineering degree can apply for the test. They should have at least 45% marks in the qualifying exam.
For Senior Technician Membership
The candidates must have an Engineering Diploma Certificate from any recognized University can apply for the test. They should also be working as an engineer under a Corporate Member. They must have to attain at least 18 years of age at the time of admission process.
How to Apply?
The application form and information booklet are published in the official website of AMIE Institution. The candidates can download the application form from the website and use it. The candidates can procure the application form by post. This is obtained by sending a request letter to the official address of the institution. A demand draft or cheque of Rs.2000/- from any nationalized bank should be enclosed with the letter. As a result the candidates can received the application form by post.
How to fill the Form?
The information bulletin consists of all the instructions for filling the application form. The candidates should fill the form as per the instructions. All the details should be filled by the candidates himself. The candidates should fill all the details correctly. Otherwise it leads to the cancellation of the form. The contact details of the candidates should be filled correctly without any mistakes. The fee payment details should also mentioned in the application form. The copies of the attested certificates and the demand draft of Rs.2000/- should be forwarded with the application form.
Important Dates (Tentative)
Date of Winter Exam will be on: Second Week of December, 2012
Date of the Summer Exam will be on: Second Week of June, 2012
List of (AMIE) Entrance Exam centers
- Abu Dhabi
- Ranchi S
Contact Address for the (AMIE) Entrance Exam
- The Institution of Engineers (India), 8 Gokhale Road, Kolkata – 700 020, West Bengal, India
- Phone No.: 033-22238914
- Fax No.: 033-22233140
- Website URL: https://www.ieindia.info/
Colleges accepting the (AMIE) Entrance Exam score
Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (AMIE)
Reference Books for (AMIE) Entrance Exam
- Advanced Engineering Mathematics [Hardcover] by Erwin Kreyszig
- Engineering Mechanics: Dynamics (12th Edit…) by Russell C. Hibbeler
- Thermal Engineering by Dr.S.S.Khandhare
- Principles of Electrical Engineering by A. B. Shinde
- Computer System and Data Analysis by Dr. B.K.Basu, M Nasipuri, M Kundu
- Mechanical engineering formulas pocket guide by Tyler G. Hicks
- Machinery’s handbook by Erik Oberg
- Advanced Mathematics for Applications by Andrea Prosperetti
- The CRC handbook of mechanical engineering by Frank Kreith
- Handbook of mechanical engineering calculations by Tyler G.Hicks
- Handbook of Chemical Engineering Calculations by Nicholas Chopey
- Practical Handbook on Construction Management for Architects and Engineers by R.Ramaswamy
- Civil Engineer’s Reference Books by L S Blake
Coaching Centers for (AMIE) Entrance Exam
- Brilliant Tutorials Private Ltd
- Aakash Institute
- Sri Chaithanya Educational Institutions
- Career Forum Warangal
- Shiva Coaching Centre
- National Institute for Cellular Technology
- D. N. K. Institute of Education
- Sagar Coaching Centre
- Online Coaching Centre
- Buddha Institute of Competition
- Bright Career Education Centre
- Nalanda Centre of Education
- Mastermind Academy
- ACE Engineering Academy
- Sree Raghavendra Educational Academy
- Aakashdeep Academy
- Envision Institute
- Jetking Guwahati Learning Center
- Knowledge Resource Company
- Way 2IIT Tutoruaks
The candidates have to develop a realistic study plan which can be followed by the candidates. The syllabus for the exam will be released in the official website. The candidates can acquire it from the website. The candidates have to plan their study which should be completed within the date of the exam. The candidates can go for coaching provided by various coaching centers for the exam. Question papers of the previous years are available from the website. Practice with those question papers helps the candidates to win the exam. exam.
How and Where To Get the Results?
The result of the exam will be published in the website www.ieindia.info. The candidates have to check the website regularly for the exam details.
The exam score is valid only for only one year. After that period new exam notification will be released.
- AMIE Papers
- Engineers, Karnataka Power Corporation
- Procedure to obtain A.M.I.E certification
- M.Tech courses in NSIT and Admission Process
- Mechanical Supervisor Trainee - Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation
- Centre for Distance Education Anna University MBA Entrance Exam 2012
- Eligibility Criteria and Admission Process for M.Tech in NIELIT
- Assistant Executive Engineers in Panchayat Raj in Civil/Mechanical Branches Engineering Service – APPSC
- How to fill Gujarat CET Entrance exam forms?
- Assistant Engineer, Karnataka Power Corporation Limited
- Trainee Assistant Engineers - Andhra Pradesh Power Generation Corporation Limited
- Eligibility Requirements for PG Diploma in Soft Polynomials
- Centre for Distance Education Anna University MCA Entrance Exam, 2012
- Biomedical Engineer - How to become a Biomedical Engineer?
- Assistant Engineer/Telecom - Transmission Corporation of Andhra Pradesh Limited