BSNL - JTO Eligibility Criteria
The All India Competitive Examination is carried out for the recruitment of candidates into the Junior Telecom Officers posts. Notifications about this exam will be available in the months of February – March annually. The exam is generally held in April – May. More details about the eligibility criteria are as follows.
Education Qualification for applying in JTO-Telecom
Graduates of Engineering or Technology are eligible to appear for this exam. Those who have an equivalent degree can apply as well. The certification must be from a recognized college. Students must have learned any one of the following disciplines:
- Information Technology
Those who are awaiting their graduation results are also permitted to appear for the examination. A score of above 60 percent ought to have been scored by the students in their finals.
Age Qualification for BSNL - JTO Entrance Exam
Applicants of the JTOs (Telecom) exam must not be less than 21 years when they submit the admission form. The upper age limit is 30 years. But this is relaxable in some cases. They are:
- Government servants – up to 5 years
- BSNL employees – up to 5 years
- Applicants of the SC and ST tribes – up to 5 years
- Applicants of the OBC category – up to 3 years
- Applicants of the PH General Category – up to 10 years [SC/ST: 15 years and OBC: 13 years
- Residents of J&K
Who can apply for BSNL - JTO Entrance Exam?
Only permanent residents of the Indian subcontinent are allowed to apply for this entrance examination.
Other details about the BSNL - JTO exam
Those individuals who have successfully done the apprentice training course with the BSNL are granted the below given provisions:
- Individuals who have worked as apprentices will need to appear in the common competitive examination that is carried out by BSNL and compete with the other candidates. First choice to the apprentices over the non-apprentices candidates will only be given if the aspirants get equal position in the merit list in the select zone. In addition to this, all other eligibility conditions should also be equal.
- Apprentices ought not to be sponsored by employment exchange at the time of applying.
- Apprentices are eligible for age relaxation to the time period of their apprenticeship and training period with the Bharath Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL).
The rules mentioned above ought to be abided by all candidates strictly. In case any thing pertinent to these rules is found to be not followed by the applicant, his candidature will be rejected immediately.
- BSNL TTA Papers
- BSNL JTO Papers
- Junior Accounts Officers, BSNL
- BSNL TTA Exam Pattern
- BSNL Placement Papers
- Application Form of BSNL – Telecom Technical Assistant (TTA) Exam
- BSNL - JTO Placement Preparation Tips and Placement Process
- Details of BSNL TTA Exam
- Deputy General Manager, BSNL
- Management Trainees, BSNL
- Junior Telecom Officer - How to become a Junior Telecom Officer?
- BSNL TTA, BSNL - Telecom Technical Assistant
- Junior Telecom Officers, Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited
- Summer Training for B.Tech students at ALTTC, BSNL
- Telecom Technical Assistants - Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited