B.Tech in Electronics and Communication through Lateral Entry in Mangalayatan University


Students who have completed their diploma in engineering in Electronics and Communication can join B.Tech as lateral entries in Mangalayatan University. Mangalayatan University is one of the prominent universities situated in Aligarh. The university provides many under graduate, post graduate in different streams such as Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Electronics & Communications, Computer Science, Information Technology, Mechanical Engineering and Civil Engineering.

Eligibility for B.Tech Electronics and Communication Lateral Entry in Mangalayatan University

Candidates with a pass percentage of 60% or more in Diploma from a recognized university are eligible to join B.Tech under any of the lateral entry schemes. Aspirants who belong to the economically backward communities (those students with annual family income less than Rs.4.5 lakhs) are given a concession. These students need to just pass the Diploma level to get the admission. Students in the final year of their diploma course are also eligible for the exam. SC/ST students need only 45% marks to get admitted.

Reservation for Lateral Entry in Mangalayatan University

1/6th of the total seats of engineering are reserved for lateral entries. Out of these seats 85% of admission is made for government quota and the remaining 15% on management quota. Above all 40% reservation is given to students belonging to OBC, PWD, SC/ST and SEBC categories.

Applying for Electronics and Communication Lateral Entry in Mangalayatan University

Application forms will be available on the official website of the University. The test will be a 2 hour entrance test which will include questions from subjects like Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics of higher secondary level. Students need to pass this exam in order to get selected.

Advantages for Lateral Entry Students in B.Tech Electronics and Communication

The main advantage of lateral entry students is that, they can skip the first year of B.Tech degree course, since lateral entry students study the basics of the course during their diploma period. As the students are joining directly to the second year, they can save one year. With the help of their diploma degree, lateral entry students can take admission in any of the reputed universities. Chances of getting jobs are also more for lateral entry students. The lab sessions will also be easier for them as they would have already done lab work in their diploma course.

Contact details of Mangalayatan University

The contact details are as follows:

  • Address: Mangalayatan Institute of Engineering & Technology, Extended NCR, Mathura-Aligarh Highway, 33rd Milestone – 202 145
  • Phone: 05722-272100
  • Website: http://mangalayatan.in/institutes/institute-of-engineering-technology.aspx


Do you have any question? Please ask:

Questions will be answered on our Forum section