Career prospects after B.Sc in Medical Imaging Technology
B.Sc degree holders in Medical Imaging Technology can find lot of job opportunities in India and abroad like Radiographers, Radiologic Technologists, Nuclear Medicine Technologist, X-ray Technicians or Ultrasound Technicians. They can join reputed organizations in India like HLL Life care Limited, South Eastern Coal Fields Limited (SECL), Steel Authority of India (SAIL), Employees State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) etc. and earn a salary up to Rs. 7, 00, 000 per annum. If they work in foreign countries after gaining work experience, they can earn up to Rs. 25, 00, 000 per annum.
Employment opportunities available in India
B.Sc graduates in Medical Imaging Technology can pursue their career as radiographers in government or private hospitals. Government hospitals offer a remuneration of Rs. 8, 000 to Rs. 12, 000 per month. But by working in high profile private hospitals as radiographers, one can earn up to Rs. 20, 000 per month. It is possible to start their career as Assistant Radiographer/Radiologists. In this position, they can earn a salary between Rs. 3, 000 to Rs. 6, 000/- per month. Lucrative salary packages of Rs. 40, 000/- to Rs. 60, 000/- are offered for these graduates who are experienced in the field of radiography.
HLL Lifecare Limited recruits B.Sc degree holders in Medical Imaging Technology for the post of Radiographer. Emoluments offered for this position of radiographer is between Rs.9300/- to Rs. 34800/- per month. But such candidates should have 2 years of experience in MRI operation. If these candidates possess 2 years of experience in managerial level, then they can get into the post of Manager available in Diagonstic centre of HLL Lifecare Limited. Pay scale offered for this managerial position is between Rs. 16, 400/- to Rs. 40, 500/- per month. These graduates can also join Steel Authority of India (SAIL), South Eastern Coal Fields Limited (SECL), Employees’ State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) as X-ray Technicians and earn a salary between Rs. 1, 00, 000/- to Rs. 3, 00, 000/- per annum.
Other types of jobs available for these graduates in medical imaging technology are
- Ultra Sound Technician
- Medical Advisor
- Radiologic Technologist
- Medical Image Analysis Scientist
Employment opportunities available in foreign countries
Those who are looking for a job opportunity in foreign countries after B.Sc in Medical Imaging Technology can pursue their career as X-ray Technician in various hospitals, doctor’s offices, radiology clinics and diagnostic centres. One can earn a salary between Rs. 14, 00, 000/- to Rs. 16, 00, 000/- per annum in this profile. It is also possible for them to join as Radiographers, Ultra Sound Technicians or Radiologic Technologists in these institutions and earn up to Rs. 17, 00, 000/- per annum.
Another lucrative career opportunity available for these graduates is Medical Radiation Technologist and Nuclear Medicine Technologist. Remuneration offered for these jobs is between Rs. 18, 00, 000 /-to Rs. 25, 00, 000/- per annum.
- What to do after B.Sc in MLT course?
- Courses after Diploma in MLT (D.M.L.T) - Admission process and Fee details
- X-ray Technician – How to become an X-ray Technician?
- BSc in Sociology, Sociology B.sc
- Difference between BSc (Hons) and Bsc (General)
- Difference between B.Sc in Radiology and B.Sc in Radiography
- Difference between Cardiovascular Technicians and Radiologic Technicians
- B.Sc in Medical Lab. Technology
- B.Sc in Radiology vs B.Sc in Radiography - Which course is better?
- Radiologic Technologist – How to become a Radiologic Technologist?
- B.Sc in Genetics, Genetics B.Sc
- What are the advantages of B.Sc in IT than B.Tech in IT?
- B.C.A vs. BSc IT- Which course is better?
- Evolving Prospects of Genetic course
- Bio medical engineering and its present day influence on medical science