Certified Information Systems Auditor - How to become a Certified Information Systems Auditor?
Certified Information Systems Auditors are professionals who assess the financial information systems in a company or organization. Those who have studied the CISA course can become Certified Information Systems Auditors. These professionals scrutinize minutiae and prepare reports for the management. The prime responsibility of a Certified Information Systems Auditor is to ensure there are no cases of unnecessary expenditure, fraud, or non-cooperation with national laws and regulations when concerned with an organization.
In order to become a Certified Information Systems Auditor, aspirants should study the Certified Information Systems Auditor program from Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA). Those who have completed the CISA examination have to clear the CISA certification exam to become a certified professional. The CISA qualified auditors are licensed professionals, who can carry out Systems audit in Ministry of Information Technology, Reserve Bank of India and so on. They can also deal with the auditing works in Comptroller and Auditor General of India and National Stock Exchange and so on.
Who is eligible to apply?
There is no specific qualification required for pursuing the Certified Information Systems Auditing program. Mostly aspirants study the CISA after their graduation in commerce or related fields. Some of them pursue the same after their post graduation to carry out auditing works. Those who have work experience in the related fields can study the CISA program with ease. Practical experience is an indispensable factor for auditing works.
Key Points in the process
- Pursue the 12 years of schooling.
- Earn a graduation in commerce field.
- Study the postgraduate program in commerce or related fields.
- Gain work experience in the concerned areas.
- Pursue the CISA program from ISACA or any other certified institutes.
- Attend the CISA certification exam so as to become a Certified Information Systems Auditor.
Skills required for a Certified Information Systems Auditor
In addition to the technical knowledge, aspirants require some special skills. They should have thorough acquaintance about the current rules and regulations of auditing. They should also have intellectual and thinking ability to find all sorts of counterfeits that have been misreported in the books of accounts.
- Financial Internal Auditor - How to become a Financial Internal Auditor?
- Difference between an Auditor and Accountant
- Difference between Statutory Auditor and Internal Auditor
- Difference between Medical Auditor and Medical Transcriptionist
- Quality Auditor - How to become a Quality Auditor?
- Statutory Auditor – How to become a Statutory Auditor?
- Ethical Hacker - How to become an Ethical Hacker?
- Difference between Medical writer and Medical Auditor
- ISO Auditor - How to become an ISO Auditor?
- Diploma/ Certificate Courses in Computer Networking
- Difference between CISM and CISSP
- IIQM 2011
- Difference between Certified Financial Analyst and Certified Financial Planner
- Computer Certification courses
- Difference between MCSE and MCSA