Commercial Pilot – How to become a commercial pilot?
Commercial pilot is a trained professional who flies an aircraft for the traveling requirement of people or taking goods from one place to another. They control the navigation by operating various controls and instruments at the cockpit of the aircraft. More experienced pilots gives the flying commands and supervise the co-pilots. Commercial pilot should obtain the license to fly the aircraft.
Candidates who want to become a commercial pilot should follow three steps. First of all they should obtain Student Pilot License (SPL) from any flying club recognized by Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA). Then they should obtain Private Pilot License (PPL). Only after then, they can obtain Commercial Pilot License (HPL) for becoming a commercial pilot.
Who are eligible to apply?
Candidates who want to join the flying club for obtaining Student Pilot License should have passed tenth standard and should have minimum sixteen years of age. Those who want to obtain Private Pilot License should have passed plus two or its equivalent with the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. There will be a written and practical examination for acquiring the license. Age requirement specified to attend this examination is minimum seventeen years. Candidates should also produce the medical fitness certificate issued by Armed Force Medical Central Establishment (AFMCE) to attend the exam. Candidates need to complete forty hours of flying with flight instructor and two hours of solo flying to clear the practical test. Commercial Pilot License can be obtained only after acquiring Private Pilot License. Written test and practical test will also be there for acquiring the commercial pilot license along with a medical fitness test. Age limit specified to obtain Commercial Pilot License is between eighteen years and thirty years.
Sixty hours of flying is needed to clear the practical test of Commercial Pilot License. These sixty hours includes the forty hours of flying in the practical test of PPL.
Key elements in the process
- Pass tenth standard
- Obtain Student Pilot License (SPL)
- Pass plus two with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics
- Obtain Private Pilot License (PPL)
- Obtain Commercial Pilot License (HPL)
Skills required for a commercial pilot
Commercial Pilot should have the ability to recognize even feeble radio transmissions. They should have the ability to react quickly in the case of emergencies. They should possess good interpersonal and communication skills to interact with their colleagues.
They should have the ability to stay calm under pressure. Patience is an essential quality required for a commercial pilot.
- A glance at Commercial Pilot License
- What does it takes to get a commercial pilot license?
- Difference between CPL Course and PPL course
- Commercial Pilot, Career as Commercial Pilot
- Captain (Pilot) and Co-Pilots, BSF
- How to become a Pilot?
- How to get Commercial Pilot License in India?
- Scope of Cpl India
- Options to pursue career as a Pilot
- Basair Aviation College 2011
- Helicopter Pilot – How to become Helicopter Pilot?
- Aircraft pilot - How to become an Aircraft pilot?
- Government jobs in Piloting in India
- Difference between Aircraft Pilot and Aircraft Instructor
- Selection process for Assistant Commandant in Indian Coast Guard