Details of Postal Assistant Recruitment
Postal Assistant Recruitment is conducted by the Indian Department of Posts. Candidates have to fulfill all the eligibility criteria concerning age, educational qualification etc for applying. Selection to the post of postal assistant involves many stages. It depends on the marks secured in the qualifying examination, aptitude test and computer test.
The lower age limit for applying is 18 years and the upper age limit is 25 years at the time of applying. A relaxation of 3 years is applicable for OBC candidates. There will be 5 year relaxation for candidates belonging to the SC/ST category. Relaxation of age upto 10 years is also applicable for physically handicapped applicants.
Applicants should have completed the 10+2 level or an equivalent from a recognized board. English should be one of the subjects studied by the candidate. Those with typing knowledge and computer knowledge will be preferred.
The selection to this post is based on the marks secured in the qualifying examination, aptitude test and computer test. The qualifying examination marks carries a weightage of 40% marks. 50% weightage will be given to the marks secured in the aptitude test. 10 marks will be given for the computer test. The computer test includes typing.
In the first stage, a merit list will be prepared according to the marks secured in the qualifying examination. Candidates whose names appear in the merit list can appear for the aptitude test/written test. An exam fee of Rs 100 is required to be paid by general candidates to appear for the test. Candidates belonging to the reservation category are required to pay Rs 50.
The aptitude test features 50 objective type questions to be answered within 60 minutes. Each question carries 2 marks. The questions will be from English, General Knowledge and Reasoning, Mathematics and Analytical ability.
The final stage in the selection process is the computer test. There are two sections in this test. The first section will have a passage in English or Hindi. Candidates are required to type out the given passage with speed and accuracy. The typing skills will be evaluated out of 5 marks. The second section contains figures and data. The candidate’s data entry skills will be evaluated. This section also carries 5 marks. Candidates are required to complete the computer test within 30 minutes. 15 minutes will be given for each section.
The final selection will be based on the marks secured in each of these stages. Selected candidates are required to complete the required probation period.
- Government Jobs in Postal Sector
- Teacher, Assistant Teacher, DSSSB
- Postal Assistants Recruitment Exam Papers
- Application Procedure for India Post Office Postal/Sorting Assistant 2012
- Reference Books for India Post Office Postal/Sorting Assistant Exam
- Professor cum Director, Associate Professor, Himachal Pradesh University
- Sub Inspector, Assistant Sub Inspector, Central Reserve Police Force
- Deputy Director of Physical Education, Assistant, Anna University
- Assistant Professor, Punjab University
- Medical Officer (GDO-II), Information Scientist (Library), Himachal Pradesh University
- Specialist, Assistant Director, Union Public Service Commission
- Scientific Assistant, Assistant Satistician, Rubber Board
- Wild Life Guard, Taxation Inspector, Haryana Staff Selection Commission
- Horticulture Supervisor, Wireless Mechanic, Haryana Staff Selection Commission
- Assistant Professor/Lecturer, Shyam Lal College