Dr Manmonhan Singh Scholarships
Dr. Manmohan Singh, the present Prime Minister of India, is a Honorary Fellow of the prestigious St John’s College. The Honorable Dr. Singh is well known for his protagonist role in the economic reforms of India. It is with his help that India has descended the ladder to the World Stage. In honor of Dr Singh, the University of Cambridge has initiated the Dr Manmohan Singh Scholarships. The main aim of this scholarship is to provide monetary support for students who desire to do their postgraduate studies in the St. John’s College, University of Cambridge.
The scholarships are fully funded. The academic fees, the airfare, monthly income and the Visa are taken care of by the British Council.
Dr Manmonhan Singh Scholarships Eligibility
Provided below are the required qualifications of students who submit an application to the Dr Manmonhan Singh Scholarships:
- The candidate must be a citizen of India with a valid Indian passport.
- They must be below the age of 35 years.
- The candidate should not be a recipient of any additional scholarship from the UK government.
- The candidate must have a postgraduate degree from a recognized institute with 1st class.
- The candidates should submit the proof of leadership qualities.
- The candidates must be fluent in written as well as spoken English.
- The candidates must be able to satisfy any other admission criteria that are put forth by the university.
Selection procedure for the scholarship
Prior to their joining in this institution, the students will need to obtain an IELTS or TOEFL certification. This is vital for students who wish to join universities abroad.
The British Council short lists the name of candidates who send them the applications. The chosen students are then asked to be present at an individual interview. Subsequent to this, the selection committee will classify the required number of nominees for the awards. The results of the selection will be publicized within a month after the interview. The Pre-departure briefings and the UK Visa and travel arrangements for the chosen students will be dealt by the British Council.
Procedure to apply for the program
- The applicants will have to find out a Doctoral program that is suitable for them. In addition to this, they will also have to seek the help of a supervisor.
- The candidates must visit the website of the Board of Graduate Studies and send a formal application to the University. Simultaneously, they must also send an application to the Dr Man Mohan Singh Scholarships.
- The applicants must choose St John’s College as their primary choice in their BoGs application.
- The application ought to be filled in the prescribed format and sent to the British Council within the stipulated time.
Contacts Information on scholarship
Address: Vishnu Sharma, Scholarships, British Council, 17, Kasturba Gandhi Marg, New Delhi 110001, India
- Tel +91 (0)11 23711401 (extension 272)
- Fax +91 (0) 11 23710717
- Direct Telephone: +91 (0)11 41497272
For more information, send an email to [email protected]
- B.Tech Scholarships in Vidya Academy
- Bannari Amman Institute of Technology Scholarships India
- Fee structure of Bachelor of Education (BEd)
- [Scholarships Updates] - Day 9
- Aligarh Muslim University Scholarship
- [Scholarships Updates] - Day 7
- Central Sector Scheme of Scholarships for College Students India
- [Scholarships Updates] Day 3
- Difference between Scholarship and Fellowship
- Jawaharlal Nehru Scholarships for Doctoral Studies
- Scholarships in Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Ahmedabad
- Indian Oil Academic Scholarships
- The Indian Oil Academic Scholarship
- National Board for Higher Mathematics Research Scholarships Screening Test Papers
- S.V.M. Arts, Science and Commerce College, Ilkal