Eligibility Criteria for women to join Indian Air Force
Women can join the Air Force through any of the three options Ground Duty Branches, Technical Branch and Flying Branch. B.E/ B.Tech students can apply to any of the branches. Graduates from other areas of specialisation like LLB, B.Com can apply to the ground duty branch or the flying branch. For applying to the flying branch the candidates should have studied Maths and Physics in 12th standard. The age limit varies depending on the post applied for. The minimum height required to apply to flying branch is 162.5 cm and for the others is 152 cms.
Ground Duty Branches
Candidates who have completed graduation, LLB, CA, ICWA, M.Ed or Ph.D can apply for suitable post in Indian Air Force. Women have the option to join Administration and Logistics, Accounts or Education. The education qualification and age requirement for applying any of these sections are mentioned below.
Administration and Logistics
- Graduates applying for this section should have secured minimum 60% marks in aggregate. Their age should be between 20-23 years.
- Post graduates applying should have secured minimum 50% marks in aggregate. The age limit to apply is 20-25 years.
- Graduates who have specialised in commerce can apply if they have secured minimum 60% marks in aggregate. The age limit to apply is 20-23 years.
- Candidates who have completed M.Com, CA or ICWA and secured minimum 50% marks in aggregate can apply. The age limit for those who have completed M.Com is 20-25 years. Age limit for CA and ICWA pass outs is 20-27 years.
- Any post graduate can apply if they have secured minimum 50% and their age is between 20-27 years.
Women applying for this post should have minimum height of 152 cms.
The age limit to apply for the technical branch is 18 - 28 years. Women can apply for the Aeronautical stream if they have specialised in electronics or mechanical stream during graduation. The candidate should have completed B.Tech, B.E or equivalent. Minimum 60% marks in aggregate in all the papers put together is must. The height of the women applying to this branch should be atleast 152cm. The weight of the candidate should be correlated.
Age of the candidates applying for this post should be between 19 – 23 years. The educational qualification required to apply to this stream is as follows:
- Graduates in any stream can apply if they have studied Maths and Physics during 12th standard. They should have secured minimum 60% in aggregate in all the papers.
- B.Tech/ B.E candidates can apply if they have secured minimum 60% marks.
The minimum height to apply to this branch is 162.5 cms.
- How to join IAF as an Officer after Intermediate 10+2?
- How to join IAF in the flying Branch after Graduation?
- Indian Air Force Pilot - How to become an Indian Air Force Pilot?
- Career Options in Air Force
- Procedure to join Indian Air Force after B.Tech
- IAF 2011 Airman
- How to join Air force?
- Technical Branch Vacancies, Indian Air force
- Entry options to join as a Pilot in Indian Air force
- How to join Indian Air Force?
- List of Defense Service Entrance Exams
- Assistant Commandant (Works/Electrical), Directorate General Border Security Force
- Airman in Group ‘y’ (Non Technical), Indian Air Force
- Pilot, Indian Air force
- Sub-Inspector, Railway Protection Force