Eligibility Requirements and Admission Procedure for M.S – CLIS (Cyber Law and Information Security) in IIIT, Allahabad


B.E/B.Tech/Law graduates are eligible to apply for MS –CLIS course in IIT, Allahabad. Post graduate degree holders also become eligible to apply for this post. The admission procedure mainly involves a written test. The written test involves technical as well as aptitude oriented questions. P.I is conducted for candidates who pass written test.

Eligibility Criteria

In order to apply for MS –CLIS (Cyber Law and Information Security) in IIIT, Allahabad candidates should have any of the following educational qualifications –

  • B.E /B.Tech
  • Bachelor in Law
  • Post graduation in any subject

Apart from this, candidates who are studying last year graduation course can also apply for this course in IIIT, Allahabad.

Admission Procedure for M.S – CLIS (Cyber Law and Information Security) IIIT, Allahabad

The applications sent by candidates will go through a primary screening procedure at the end of which suitable applications will be selected for advance selection procedures. The admission for MS- CLIS (Cyber Law and Information Security) program will consist of following steps –

  • Written test – 65% weightage
  • Personal Interview – 35% weightage

As part of the admission process, a “Floating Cut Off” merit is decided which is to be scored by candidates in the written test. Candidates who fail to score the specified cut off marks will not be given chance to attend additional selection procedures.

Scheme of Written Test

The written test for MS –CLIS (Cyber Law and Information Security) in IIIT, Allahabad will essentially follow an objective pattern. Following are the main sections covered in the written test –

Section 1 – Law (25 questions)

Syllabus of Section 1 – Law includes the following topics –

  • Steps involved in Contract
  • Security Procedure
  • Secure electronic record
  • Secure Digital Signature
  • Regulation of certifying authorities
  • Powers of superior officers of police
  • Offences
  • Negotiation
  • Negotiable Instruments Act
  • Logical Law
  • IT ACT 2000
  • IPC - Punishment of offences
  • Ingredients of contract
  • Endorsement
  • Duties of Subscribers
  • CRPC Form of Summons
  • Contract Act
  • Constitution of India

Section 2 – Information Technology (45 questions)

Syllabus of Section 2 – Information Technology includes the following topics –

  • Wireless Technologies
  • Virtual memory
  • Operating System
  • Operating System
  • Network and Cyber Security
  • Network and Cyber Security
  • Multiple Access Techniques
  • Microprogramming
  • Loop Control Instructions
  • Introduction to Database
  • Inter-process communication
  • Internet Technologies
  • Internet Technologies
  • Fundamentals of Computer
  • Error detection and correction codes
  • Disk scheduling and Management
  • Digital Signature
  • Database concept and architecture
  • Data Structures
  • Data structure
  • Computer Architecture
  • C  Language
  • Basics of Wireless Technologies
  • Basics of C language

Section 3 – Analytical and Reasoning Aptitude (15 questions)

Syllabus of Section 3 – Analytical and Reasoning Aptitude includes the following topics –

  • Inductive reasoning
  • Effects-to-cause reasoning
  • Deductive reasoning;
  • Decompositional reasoning
  • Criteria reasoning
  • Conditional reasoning
  • Comparative reasoning
  • Cause-to-effects reasoning
  • Cause-and-effect reasoning
  • Arithmetic and Algebraic problems
  • Analogical reasoning
  • Abduction reasoning

Section 4 – General Knowledge (15 questions)

Candidates who are able to get through the Written test by scoring the specified cutoff percentage (65% weightage) are given chance to attend Personal Interview. A cut off percentage of 35% is required to be scored in P.I. The final decision of selection of candidates will be based on this.



Do you have any question? Please ask:

Questions will be answered on our Forum section

3 Responses to “Eligibility Requirements and Admission Procedure for M.S – CLIS (Cyber Law and Information Security) in IIIT, Allahabad”

  1. 3

    please send me details of about this course entrence test ,fees, eligebility,entrence test date ,apllication form and addmition date

  2. 2


  3. 1
    jothi mani:

    i am doing my bsc final year can i am eligable for mca enterance exam