ENT surgeon– How to become an ENT surgeon?
ENT surgery deals with the surgery of ear, nose and throat. ENT surgeons are the doctors who perform ENT surgery after diagnosing the conditions of ear, nose and throat. They are also responsible for treating various conditions like tumors, birth defects, sinusitis, swallowing disorders and chronic ear infections. They conduct physical examination of patient’s ears, nose, throat and head. Then they go through the medical history of the patients to understand the disability experienced by the patient. They will discuss the treatment options with the patient after that.
ENT surgeons should possess MBBS degree from any university recognized by Medical Council of India. They should also possess MS degree in ENT. Candidates who possess this post graduation degree can practice as an ENT surgeon in any hospital. ENT surgeon can do any super specialty degree for taking specialization in any field. The salary and reputation of the ENT surgeon will increase after taking specialization any particular field. Some of the specializations available in ENT are given below
- Pediatric otology
- Pediatric audiology
- Head and neck surgery
Who are eligible to apply?
Candidates who possess good percentage in plus two can only apply for MBBS course. Such candidates should have studied Physics, Chemistry and Biology as compulsory subjects in plus two. Institutions which offer MBBS course give admission based on the score obtained in the All India level or state level entrance test. Candidates who aspire to do MBBS course should qualify this entrance test with good score. After completing this four year course, candidates will become eligible to apply for the post graduation course. There will be also All India level or state level entrance tests for admitting candidates to post graduation course. Candidates who obtain better score in these tests will get admission to MS degree course in ENT.
Key elements in the process
- Pass plus two with the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Biology
- Obtain MBBS degree
- Obtain MS degree in ENT
- Apply for the job
Skills required for an ENT surgeon
ENT surgeon should be well aware of the various surgical procedures available to treat the diseases affecting nose, ear, throat and head. They should be confident while making quick decisions during emergency situations. They should be able to co-ordinate easily with their patients and colleagues.
- Difference between Plastic Surgeon and Oncologist Surgeon
- Cardiothoracic Surgeon - How to Become a Cardiothoracic Surgeon?
- Oral Surgeon - How to Become an Oral Surgeon?
- Veterinary Assistant Surgeon, Speech Educator, Tripura Public Service Commission
- Cosmetic Surgeon - How to become a Cosmetic Surgeon?
- Plastic Surgeon – How to become a Plastic Surgeon?
- What to do after Master of Chirurgiae?
- Higher studies after MBBS
- Cardiac Surgeon – How to become Cardiac Surgeon?
- Surgeon – How to become a Surgeon?
- Procedure to become an Orthopaedic Surgeon
- JSS Dental College, Mysore
- Government Colleges for M. Ch in Thoracic Surgery
- Pediatric Surgeon- How to become a Pediatric Surgeon?
- Registrar/Resident Surgeon - Assam Public Service Commission