24th April 2017, 01:08 AM
Unregistered

What are the ways to join petroleum engineering after completion of diploma in ECE?

Respected Sir/Mam, I am doing my diploma in E.C.E and even completed 12 but got less percent 57% so I joined in diploma. I want to know that is there any way to join in petroleum engineering in india. At present my percent in diploma is 90 but will I get a chance to study B.E in petroleum engineering

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to do diploma in petroleum engineering after completion fo 10th standard?
  2. B.tech in petroleum Engineering after completing diploma in petrochemical?
  3. Join to aeronautical engineering after diploma in ECE?
  4. Can I do B.E ECE after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  5. Is it possible to study EEE for a candidate after completion of ECE Diploma?
  6. Courses available to study for a candidate who has completed 10th around 6 years ago?
  7. How to join in aeronautical engineering after Diploma in ECE?
  8. Can I do Petroleum Engineering course after completion of B.Sc Chemistry?
  9. Is there any scholarship available to do PG course after completion of B.Tech ECE?
  10. Possibility to study B.E.(Petroleum Engineering) for Technology Diploma holder? Scope and job prospects of Petroleum Engineer?
  11. Am I eligible to join Biomedical Engineering after completion of Diploma in ECE? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. How can I join Air Force and Navy after completion of 3 year Diploma in ECE?
  13. How to join Mining Engineering after completion of Diploma in ECE?
  14. Which course is better to take in diploma course to do in Tezpur University?
  15. Can I get admission to study B.Tech Petroleum after completion of Diploma Electronics and Telecommunication?
  16. What are the courses I can try out after completion of diploma in ECE except engineering?
  17. Am I eligible to get admission in 2nd year B.Tech in Petroleum Engineering after completing 3 years Diploma in Petroleum Technology?
  18. Can we get admitted in petroleum engineering after completion of diploma in automobile engineering
24th April 2017, 08:52 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the ways to join petroleum engineering after completion of diploma in ECE?

No, you are not eligible to join Petroleum Engineering course after completion of your Diploma course in ECE from a recognized institution. Since, you have completed 12th standard from a recognized board, you can apply for Petroleum Engineering course on basis of 12th standard. As a Diploma holder in ECE, you are eligible to get direct admission in second year of four years ECE course through lateral entry admission process.
24th April 2017, 09:08 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the ways to join petroleum engineering after completion of diploma in ECE?

To be eligible to get admission for pursuing Petroleum Engineering course, you should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with PCM stream or three years Diploma in Petroleum Engineering course from a recognized board/ institution. Being a Diploma holder in ECE, you can get lateral entry admission in ECE course, but not in Petroleum Engineering course. Since, you have passed 12th standard from a recognized board, you can apply for Petroleum Engineering course by appearing and qualifying the engineering entrance examinations conducted at National or State or University level for offering admission in Engineering course.
24th April 2017, 11:56 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can definitely pursue diploma in petroleum engineering after completion of diploma in ECE. You must complete your diploma with minimum 45% to 50% marks from a recognized institute.

Now you can choose a college and get direct admission in the 2nd year of B.E/B.Tech petroleum engineering course through lateral entry. You have to appear for the lateral entry examination which are known as LEET, JELET etc. The admission will depend on the marks secured in the examination, so you have to prepare well.

Best of luck.
24th April 2017, 12:24 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir/Mam, I am doing my diploma in E.C.E and even completed 12 but got less percent 57% so I joined in diploma. I want to know that is there any way to join in petroleum engineering in india. At present my percent in diploma is 90 but will I get a chance to study B.E in petroleum engineering

Sorry, it is not possible to join petroleum engineering after completion of diploma in ECE. Eligibility to study the B.E Petroleum engineering is a pass in 10+2 or its equivalent, with minimum 50% marks in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and English from any recognized board. Candidates are admitted to the course through an entrance examination and interview. The course duration is four years.
Eligibility for B.E Petroleum engineering lateral entry is a B.Sc Degree in Geology or Diploma in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering with 60% marks. Therefore, you are not eligible to study B.E Petroleum engineering after completion of diploma in ECE.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?