22nd July 2017, 09:59 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to do interior designing course after diploma in civil engineering?

Hello Sir, I am completed diploma in civil engineering after my 10th. I am interest in Interior design course. Can I eligible for this course. Please reply me. If I eligible then what is the next step. Please answer me.

Related Questions:
23rd July 2017, 12:48 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Procedure to do interior designing course after diploma in civil engineering?

After completion of diploma in Civil engineering you can apply for various Interior designing course such as B.A Hons (Interior Designing), B.Arch (Interior Designing), B.Des (Interior Designing), B.Sc (Interior Designing), etc.
A candidate who have completed 12th standard or diploma in any discipline or equivalent examination with a minimum of 50% marks from a recognized board/university, is eligible to apply for Interior designing course.
In order to get admission in Interior Designing course, you need to appear and qualify in entrance examination like CEED, NLAT, NEED ,etc. So, if you score good percentage marks in the entrance examination then you get admission in reputed college for the aforesaid course.
However some colleges/institutes offer direct admission to their various Interior designing courses on the basis of the merit marks scored in the qualifying examination.
23rd July 2017, 03:06 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Procedure to do interior designing course after diploma in civil engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir, I am completed diploma in civil engineering after my 10th. I am interest in Interior design course. Can I eligible for this course. Please reply me. If I eligible then what is the next step. Please answer me.
You can apply for the interior design course after doing diploma in civil engineering.Now a day interior design profession is at it's peak so applicant have very bright future in upcoming time.

>> Minimum qualification required to apply is 12th or equivalent and you have done diploma so you can apply for interior designing course.

>> Candidate must have completed previous studies from govt. recognized board.

>> Candidate going to apply must be a capability of good designing and implement new ideas.

>> The duration for interior design course is 3 years.

FIELDS WHERE A INTERIOR DESIGNER GET JOB:-

:- Film and TV companies.
:- Construction companies.
:- Architectural firms.
:- Interior designing company.
:- Exhibition center.
23rd July 2017, 07:25 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

B.Sc. Interior Design is a three year duration undergraduate course in which students learn to design comfortable spaces and anticipate people’s needs. The course is divided into 6 semesters and each year has 2 semesters.

The basic eligibility for admission to this course is pass in 10+2 in any discipline.

Admission to this course will be on the basis of marks obtained in the senior secondary examination or entrance test conducted by the relevant institution.

Some of the Entrance Exams through which you can join interior designing course :-

-Common Entrance Examination for Design (CEED) conducted by the Indian Institute of Technology

-GATE qualified candidates for IIT’s

-National Council for Interior Design Qualification exam

-National Level Entrance Aptitude Test (NLAT) conducted by the Institute

-National Entrance Examination for Design (NEED)

-NID Entrance Test

-NIFT Entrance Exam

-School of Fashion Technology (SOFT) Entrance Exam

Some of the top colleges offering B.Sc. in Interior Designing are :

JD Institute of Fashion Technology, Mumbai

Hamstech Institute of Fashion and Interior Design,Hyderabad

IMS Design and Innovation Academy, Noida

Jagannath Institute of Management Sciences, New Delhi

Amity University, Lucknow

Pearl Academy, Noida

National Institute of Design, Ahmedabad
23rd July 2017, 08:20 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Yes you are eligible to apply for interior designing course after completing your diploma in civil engineering course.
You should have qualified in 12th board examination or diploma course in any discipline or equivalent examination from a recognised University. You should score minimum 50 percentage of marks in 12th board examination or any other equivalent examination. You should also qualified in entrance exam and these entrance exams you can appear.

CEED - Common Entrance Examination for Design.

NLAT- National Level Entrance Aptitude Test.

NEED- National Entrance Examination for Design.

The admission for interior designing course is based on the entrance examinations course.
23rd July 2017, 09:19 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

For Interior Designing course you can apply for Bachelor in Designing / Bachelor in Agriculture/ Bachelor in Science

Eligibility Criteria:-

The candidate should have either appeared for the final 12th exam / diploma or passed from a recognised State / Central Board with at least 50% marks from any discipline. In order to apply for bachelor in interior designing.

The aspiring candidate should crack the entrance exam like:-

CEED( Common Entrance Examination on Design )

NLAT ( National Level Aptitude Test )

NEED( National Entrance Examination for Design )

For admission in undergraduate course in interior designing.
24th July 2017, 06:14 PM
Solo13
Senior Member+

Yes, you eligible for interior design course.
You have to apply for entrance exams like-
NIFT
NID
CEED
To apply for these entrance exam you have to apply for online application form. After submitting fees you have to give exam.
Through these exams you will get admission in interior designing.
You will get college and stream according to your rank in exams.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?