29th October 2012, 06:44 PM
Unregistered

Thumbs up Re: Engineering or Medical, which one to choose after 12th PCMB?

u must go for medical for ur better future

Related Questions:
  1. Which stream is suitable for me after scoring 78% in 10th?
  2. What should I study in 11th standard to build my career after completing 10th?
  3. Which side should I choose after 12th science(PCMB)?
  4. Should I take PCMC or PCMB in 12th standard if I want to take up Aeronautical Engineering in future?
  5. What are the courses available that I can pursue after completing class 12th Science (PCMB)? -- [New]
  6. Which courses can I do after passing 12th other than medical or engineering
  7. Career options for PCMB group students other than medical and engineering?
  8. What are the other courses other than engineering and medical? I am a girl student in class 12th with PCMB
  9. Which course is suitable after passing PCMB with 62%?
  10. What should I choose between Hindi and Oriya as a subject in +2?
  11. Can I do biomedical engineering after 12th? I have chosen PCM and Electronics subject for 11th and 12th science
  12. What are the career options for PCMB students after 12th other than medical
  13. What are the options to choose after 12th in Non Medical except engineering? Any course related to chemistry if not interested in Maths?
  14. How should I apply for all 4 subjects(PCMB) in Karnataka CET exam form? Is it a common application form for both engineering and medical?
  15. How can I prepare to qualify in PSEB 12th PCMB Improvement exam?
  16. Am I eligible to graduate directly after completion of 12th science?
  17. Which course I should choose to get a software engineer job PCMC or PCMB?
  18. Cutoff marks required in 12th PCMB and JEE Main to study B.E.(Petroleum Engineering)?
29th October 2012, 11:05 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Engineering or Medical, which one to choose after 12th PCMB?

Dear aspirant,

-You should go for engineering because it is better field compare to Medical.

-Seats for MBBS are very less and if you don't get a government college you will have to pay a very heavy amount to get admission in private collges.

-Engineering has lot more seats in government colleges as compared to MBBS so will have greater chance to get government college .

-Fee for engineering is also less compared to MBBS.

-A lot depends on your interest. If you are not interested in maths then you can go for MBBS .

-So it is upto you which way to go . Many people will give you different opinion but it is your decision and you have to take it.

BEST OF LUCK...
31st October 2012, 12:42 PM
swas08

hi dear,
Engineering and Medical are both parallel fields, but nowadays engineering is like a boom . Everybody wants to become an engineer weather good or bad.

1.) MBBS

Actually Medical MBBS is a very long term course. So most of the people prefer not to go for it. MBBS itself is of 5 years ( if you don't hold any back) and mind you just MBBS won't do much help if you not having specialization in any part like ENT, Heart, Brain, Urology, Gynecology etc. So specialization would also take another couple of years or more, and then you have to gain 5 years experience with senior doctors in some good hospital to gain momentum and establish yourself, so that people get to know you, your medicines and your doctorate.

2.) ENGINEERING

Whereas Engineering is not short though, but yeah its easy, you don't have to risk anyone's life while you are operating in your core field , unlike doctors for whom every operation is an examination !

Rest, engineering in any discipline is a 4 year course. You have to study it from a good college and you can be placed in some reputated company which visits your campus for placements.
Or you can take another two years for your M Tech or MBA whichever you choose and then create quality out of yourself, and you would be no distant from a fat salary and a good post in an MNC.

One thing, in todays scene, where many engineering colleges have come up in India, I suggest if you are to make name, then work hard, and get admission in one of the govt. colleges, IIT's, NIT's , BITS, DCE etc.

So now you can decide which ever you want to choose.

thanks
17th June 2013, 11:37 PM
Unregistered

I HAVE A GREAT PASSION FOR MEDICAL & MY MEDICAL RANKING IS 3261 & BELONG TO G.M CATEGORY.IS THERE A PROBABILITY OF GETTING A MEDICAL SEAT?IF SO WHERE?IF NOT WHICH BRANCH OF ENGINEERING WOULD B SUITABLE FOR A GIRL INTERESTED IN BIOLOGY OTHER THAN BIOTECHNOLOGY?
7th July 2013, 08:36 PM
Unregistered

i would like to pursue medicine as a career option but i am worried about the establishment and scope of the stream in future whereas engineering involves faster placements with decent pay options...how should i decide on the future prospects of medicine?
19th February 2014, 01:14 AM
Unregistered

I am a Nigerian and 've finished secondary school.l am good in maths but i have pation for medicine.which one,medicine or engg
19th November 2014, 08:57 PM
Unregistered

i like maths as well as biology i can do physics well but i hate chemistry so ten what are my options?????
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?