27th November 2012, 06:10 PM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

Default Re: Which company is better Cognizant OR TCS?

Hi,
You can prefer CTS over TCS. CTS has a much better working environment. TCS has much more work pressures. Also employees are less fired from CTS than TCS(including the most infamous recession period ). You get there a lot more friendly top level boss and managers than TCS. The salary level although is more or less similar for both. But the thing that makes TCS a little behind than CTS is that, there have been instances where an employee is fired after he is recruited just a year before. These sudden loss of jobs are not heard of in CTS.

Related Questions:
  1. How to join a reputed IT company like Infosys, Cognizant, TCS or Accenture after graduating from Electronics?
  2. What type of company related questions are asked in Cognizant interview?
  3. Can I get job in TCS being an employee of Cognizant and worked as a Part Timer in Genpact?
  4. Internship for 1 month in TCS, Cognizant, IBM and Infosys for B.Tech(CSE) 4th semester student?
  5. Which company to join as fresher Cognizant or Infosys?
  6. List of Companies which is a better Cognizant, Wipro, TCS based on Salary, Security and Work-Life balance, in USA Only?
  7. Cognizant or Infosys? Whcih company is better?
  8. Why TCS, Wipro, Cognizant and Accenture are not hiring correspondence B.Tech candidates?
  9. What is a better company between Oracle and Cognizant?
  10. Eligibility to get job in Cognizant, TCS, Wipro and iGATE for a candidate who has completed 10th in 2 attempts?
  11. How to join a core company while working with cognizant?
  12. Whether Cognizant is a better company in comparison to Honeywell or not? -- [New]
  13. Should I look for other companies if selected in TCS? What will be my salary in any other company after 2 years of worked experience in TCS?
  14. Should I quite my job for TCS? Currently I am working in a small company and now I having TCS offer
  15. Can I get placed in Cognizant company after scoring 58% in 10th and above 60% in 12th?
  16. Can I attend 2nd slot of Interview organized by CTS if didn't attend 1st one?
  17. Expected salary after 2 years of experience in TCS and Cognizant?
  18. Which company is better Cognizant OR TCS? -- [Most Discussed]
28th November 2012, 11:54 AM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Which company is better Cognizant OR TCS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupamjumtct View Post
can anyone tell me which is the best with supported information according to current scenario means post recession,salary hike,promotions,onsite project opportunity?

TCS Vs CTS

Tata Consultancy and Cognizant are undoubtedly counted in the leading IT industries of India..

But considering the after math of recession and in the wake of the recent pay hikes..TCS stands far ahead of Cognizant..

TCS has also gained the number 1 IT industry in India..

A candidate is eligible for appearing for TCS and Cognizant only if :-

>> The candidate has secured a minimum of 60% throughout 10th,12th and B.Tech..

>> Candidates should not have any backlogs at the time of the placement drive..

Candidates need to clear following rounds in order to get recruited for the company :-

>> Aptitude Test
>> Technical Interview
>> HR Interview

I have attached some previous year question papers of both CTS as well as TCS for your reference..

Go through them and I hope they will help you out in your preparations..

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
Attached Files
File Type: pdf TCS Aptitude Questions.pdf(288.4 KB, 105 views)
File Type: doc TCS Placement Papers.doc(867.0 KB, 340 views)
File Type: doc tcs_experience.doc(39.0 KB, 94 views)
File Type: doc tcs_interview_questionspdf.doc(38.5 KB, 138 views)
File Type: doc Most_of_the_questions_were_from_TCS_old.doc(120.0 KB, 97 views)
File Type: docx CTS 2010 paper.docx(12.8 KB, 144 views)
File Type: doc CTSinterview1.doc(307.0 KB, 143 views)
File Type: zip CTS placement papers.zip(196.0 KB, 48 views)
8th December 2012, 09:46 PM
Unregistered

Cognizant (CTS) is far better than any of the IT company in the India comparing HR facilities, work, salary and job security. I know it very well, because i am working on CTS from last 2 years.
12th February 2013, 10:28 PM
someone_cts

Cognizant is a good company, it's a US based company, but as it was started by Indians Still it's controlled by Indians only. All higher management people sitting in Chennai, so don't think it's some US like feel in it. Pros- You'll get lot to learn, you can get opportunities across different projects, increment is generally good Cons- doesn't seem to have any retention policy. Work in shifts esp. in BPO- 7 am to 4 pm, 4 pm to 1 am, 10 pm to 7 am, highly disorganized- you can see this from the day you'll join, something will come up all of a sudden and instead of managers etc planning anything, things go like a chaos. However, this can be good for people who like easy- go life, as in such scenario you don't feel pressurized, rather you can have something to laugh bout ;-)
I dunno much abt TCS, but as I've heard it's more like a govt job, hardly anyone gets fired, increments are small, and not much elarning opportunities, but good if you're at manager & above level, you can retire from here
21st March 2013, 09:12 AM
bpraveen b

VERY GOOD QUESTIONfor fresher TCS is very good company compared to CTS interms of Salary & work satisfaction & hike, Self respect is the main criteria.
think over what you need in the future & Choose among two, one thing for me TCS is one of the good company.
24th April 2013, 10:37 PM
PRASHANT8149
Senior Member+

Talking Re: Which company is better Cognizant OR TCS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupamjumtct View Post
can anyone tell me which is the best with supported information according to current scenario means post recession,salary hike,promotions,onsite project opportunity?
Both cognizant and TCS (Tata Consultancy Service) are very good company.

These two companies are multinational software companies.

Eligibility criteria to get the jobs in these companies:-

1] The candidate must have completed his/ her B. Tech degree from any recognized university.

2] The backlogs candidate are not allowed..

3] The gap in the education is not be more than 1 year.

Selection procedure for these companies :-

1] Aptitude test

2] Group discussion

3] HR interview

The candidate must have following qualities:-

1] Good communication skills

2] Good personality

3] Knowledge of programming language

I hope this information will help you a lot.

All the best..........
13th June 2013, 10:49 PM
Unregistered

HERE we are taking about cts and tcs.
12th August 2013, 01:50 PM
helpmaster

Hello Dear,
TCS and Cognizant both having very good multinational companies. These are leadind IT company and providing their services to the customers. According to me TCS(Tata Consultancy Services) is the best company and also it is number one IT company of India.
There is following procedure if you want to join either cognizant or TCS
* Eligiblity: Candidate must have 60% marks in 10, 12 and BE.
* Must have good communication skillsI (Essential)
* Must have good personality
* must have computer knowledge
Selection Procedure: There is following selection procedure....................
* Written Exame (Appitude Test)
* GD (Group Discussion)
* PI (Personal Interview)

..........................................Best of luck...............................
24th October 2013, 12:06 PM
Unregistered

Thumbs up Re: Which company is better Cognizant OR TCS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
CTS is better than TCS in all aspects. Who said, we will get good hike. There are poeple who is getting less after the last appraisal. Everywhere we can see some kind of politics, TCS is full of it.

Aware, you might report to your juniors regularly in TCS.

Yes its 100% true. Even 3 yrs experience guys will act as PL and you have to report to them even if you have 7 years.
And one more think to say, if you got rated 4 now and previous rating is 5(5 is top performer) your salary will get reduce, u have to maintain consistent rating else it will go down loki anything in terms of Lakh.
25th October 2013, 01:15 PM
Ravinderiiit123

Hello,
According to my view both the companies Cognizant and TCS are multinational companies.
Both are world wide highly successfull organizations.

In My personal view work stress is low in TCS compared with other companies.
pay scale and job security is good at TCS. hikes will be given in their salaries every 3 months....
22nd December 2013, 06:53 PM
Unregistered

can somebody please tell me which one is better acc to current scenario and future growth..? i have to join any one within 2 weeks
24th December 2013, 01:16 PM
Unregistered

Join Cognizant

Thanks
Past Cognizant ..Current TCS
3rd February 2014, 09:49 PM
Unregistered

CTS is good in package and working environment. I don't know more about TCS as per now.
10th May 2014, 05:59 PM
Tea stall aspirer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk7 View Post
don't join any of the company keep tea stall and leave peace full life i think its better
Exactly thats what I was thinking buddy! Along with, I would like to sell murukku, kadalai mittai etc. Yes , life would be very peaceful.Experience certainty!
10th May 2014, 06:30 PM
Tea stall aspirer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk7 View Post
don't join any of the company keep tea stall and leave peace full life i think its better
Exactly thats what I was thinking buddy! Along with, I would like to sell murukku, kadalai mittai etc. Yes , life would be very peaceful.Experience certainty!
13th May 2014, 04:01 PM
Unregistered

TCS is good than CTS...In TCS you have job security and also good projects ..Its also an MNC
20th May 2014, 11:50 AM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

Its not that TCS is a good choice and Cognizant is not a good choice for you to join.

There will be good career scope for you by joining in any of these companies.

Only thing is that you have to prove yourself and should give good performance
-to get good salary hike
-to be promoted to next level
-to get onsite job opportunity etc.

If you get job opportunity in both these companies, I suggest you to go for TCS.

The reason why I mentioned like this is, many of the candidates will believe that TCS job is almost like a Government job.

There won't be any termination at all from the job irrespective of market conditions.

Every year TCS pays so much of amount in the form of salaries for the candidates who are in bench.

It will wait until the resource is matched to a particular project.

Hope this information is useful for you.

Wish you all the best.
2nd August 2014, 08:38 PM
Unregistered

it doesn't matter whether its a CTS or TCS. I have worked in both and let me tell you the fact.......it all depends on your manager.....a good management makes the company best workplace..... but personally TCS is a secured place than CTS but again...it depends on your manager....
20th September 2014, 01:20 AM
nerdguy

In TCS you can get salary cut for any xyz reason given by your manager during appraisal. And yes this has happened with a lot of people there.
20th March 2015, 11:31 PM
baggu helper
Member+

Hello Sir,

TCS:: Tata Consultancy Services

In this world there are many companies which have better TCS like that infosys and wipro.
In my suggestion wipro is best tcs. Here you can enjoy working and a good environment which suitable to everyone. TCS is the best place to work in. On the other hand there are lots of companies but I think this one is good.

Good Luck...
21st March 2015, 01:11 PM
er.animesh6
Member+

Hi Guest,

Tata Consultancy Services(TCS) and Cognizant(CTS) both are India's leading IT companies offering handsome salary to the freshers.

But as per statistics TCS is Indian's Top IT company by employee strength and Generating big revenue.And also have more Job security for employees than Cognizant.

So TCS is obviously better than Cognizant.

All the best.
21st March 2015, 08:35 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

I think TCS is better than Cognizant but there is some bad with it also as thee is bond with you but in all other aspects TCS is better as it provides you handsome salary and also less work pressure as compared to Cognizant.

Mainly for Fresher TCS is very good as they pay you according to your knowledge and skill alter to Cognizant
15th April 2015, 11:46 PM
Chandrprakash34
Senior Member+

Both Companies are good,infact TCS is much better than Cognizant.TCS is the top IT Company of India.TCS is the company of Tata Group.This company provide you better salary then Cognizant.

if You want to go high in this company,you should have deep knowledge about a programming language like JAVA,.Net etc,also a Database Language like Oracle,Mysql etc.You should have deep knowledge about IT related Terms and Practical Knowledge about them.

TCS will also provide you better future and other profits.You can get the good position with these little efforts.So according to me,go with TCS and bright your future with it.
25th September 2015, 01:21 PM
Unregistered

Frnds I attend TCS Interview but unfortunately I am not selected. Next company in my college is CTS I have to work hard to get job in CTS but at the same I missed TCS this hurts me a lot .Am I Again try for TCS or prepare for CTS please help me to take good decision Friends.
22nd November 2015, 05:52 PM
Unregistered

If the situation arise like...
An employee got an offer from an XYZ company with good amount of hike.
The present employer is good perspective of job security but scope of learning is less compared to the offered one.
Now the person is in dilema that whether to go with the offer or not.

Please advise.
20th November 2019, 07:20 PM
Unregistered

Cognijit is the best, in TCS people have no work and play football all day. Cognizant employees are hard working and have a kind heart <3
14th February 2020, 04:16 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I prefer Infosys.

Really...
Can you please give few words about infosys.. Because vv
Soon i willl be working for dt company
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?