24th July 2011, 12:24 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which company is better Cognizant OR TCS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Alice,
Which company is better Cognizant OR Infosys?
Join Igatepatni

Related Questions:
  1. How to join a reputed IT company like Infosys, Cognizant, TCS or Accenture after graduating from Electronics?
  2. What type of company related questions are asked in Cognizant interview?
  3. Can I get job in TCS being an employee of Cognizant and worked as a Part Timer in Genpact?
  4. Internship for 1 month in TCS, Cognizant, IBM and Infosys for B.Tech(CSE) 4th semester student?
  5. Which company to join as fresher Cognizant or Infosys?
  6. List of Companies which is a better Cognizant, Wipro, TCS based on Salary, Security and Work-Life balance, in USA Only?
  7. Cognizant or Infosys? Whcih company is better?
  8. Why TCS, Wipro, Cognizant and Accenture are not hiring correspondence B.Tech candidates?
  9. What is a better company between Oracle and Cognizant?
  10. Eligibility to get job in Cognizant, TCS, Wipro and iGATE for a candidate who has completed 10th in 2 attempts?
  11. How to join a core company while working with cognizant?
  12. Whether Cognizant is a better company in comparison to Honeywell or not? -- [New]
  13. Should I look for other companies if selected in TCS? What will be my salary in any other company after 2 years of worked experience in TCS?
  14. Should I quite my job for TCS? Currently I am working in a small company and now I having TCS offer
  15. Can I get placed in Cognizant company after scoring 58% in 10th and above 60% in 12th?
  16. Can I attend 2nd slot of Interview organized by CTS if didn't attend 1st one?
  17. Expected salary after 2 years of experience in TCS and Cognizant?
  18. Which company is better Cognizant OR TCS? -- [Most Discussed]
25th July 2011, 12:50 PM
Unregistered

Every company has its own drawbacks and success dont compare .First u have a self assessment how u can hadle things in a s/w industry
26th July 2011, 05:05 PM
Unregistered

which company is better - tcs or infosys?
27th July 2011, 01:16 AM
Unregistered

tcs is now ranked 1 in India,,cts is is behind it...yet cts is better than tcs.coz it has a job security,a good working environment, and expected sal.and another reason is that ,specially for freshers,during recession time tcs fires the employees or terminates employee but cts does not fire ,,instead of that it reduces d sal but an employee(specially for a fresher)remains there securely.keep it in mind that tcs is an Indian company but cts is a US based company.
beyond that it is now the fastest growing IT company.cts achieved this milestone only within 16 yrs..whereas others took the time more than that.think of cts how it will be or at what position it will be after 5 or 10 yrs....
now .....decision is yours .......
31st July 2011, 02:20 PM
Unregistered

Hi i got selected in CTS is training period exams will be so tuff can we clear easily, how it will like online exams or like practical exams
1st August 2011, 11:54 PM
Unregistered

What if you are not an Indian, white, and you are older. I have worked for Wipro and one other Indian companies and both laid me off. I have big 4 experience in advisory which is the initial reason I am attractive to Indian firms. It seems any job description looking for prior Big 4 experience is an Indian firm. I am not interested in jumping around or making more and more money, I am interested in vacation time and a decent set of benefits and competitive salary. Any advise on CTS or TCS with this in mind?
4th August 2011, 07:52 PM
Unregistered

i ll go with cts coz i feel comfortable to work there...
6th August 2011, 02:23 PM
Unregistered

deloitte is the best company ..... World class teatment for its employees .... TCS ia an indian company they care more about money than employee satisfaction .
8th August 2011, 06:44 PM
Unregistered

cognizant is the best:)
as while recession they hire the people who were fired by tcs or any other company
9th August 2011, 11:00 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
wht is the stating salary of cts fresher???

Salary of CTS is in between 3.2 lpa to 3.4 lpa
10th August 2011, 10:56 AM
Unregistered

Is there any effect of recession period on joining of the students who got placed in CTS but yet not joined?
10th August 2011, 03:24 PM
Unregistered

Does IT company provide job to biotech students if so,which is the best in dealing with life sciences?
11th August 2011, 05:22 PM
Unregistered

My choice is CTS, as a fresher it had been a nice experience in CTS, it has got agreat enviroment nd a decent package!, 3yrs of experience wud do for anyone who longs to go abroad!...TCS is far behind CTS and I am sure that CTS is gonna push TCS down in next 5yrs!
13th August 2011, 02:32 AM
Unregistered

TCS is any time better than CTS...

1) Work pressure relatively lesser in TCS than CTS,
2) Flexible working time,
3) 33 Leaves in year - Have flexi holidays too
4) More Onsite opportunities..
5) 2.02 Lacs employees
6) CTC completely depends as per performance...
7) Have give and take relation from society
8) Contributed a lot towards employees welfare..
9) Salary as per government norms much lower than product based companies, but relatively high compare to market standards..
10) Other companies are spoiling salary structure...but in TCS its constant for years...You perform and TCS will give it back to you...
13th August 2011, 07:48 PM
Unregistered

which bpo is goog TCS or WNS
13th August 2011, 11:06 PM
ammajii

Hi dear,
I have asked the similar question "Which is better Cognizant or Wipro" from 10 well placed IT & Software Professionals 6/10 voted for Cognizant.....!

Lets see what all 6 says why Cognizant is better:-

1) If someone wanted and promissing IT & Sofware career in Northern part of the country then nothing is better then Cognizant.

2) In the quarter ended June 2010, Cognizant grew its revenue sequentially by 15.2% while the Big Three struggled to even reach double-digits.

3) Job satisfaction + Healthy work enviroment.

4) Not a single Indian offshore service provider has been placed in the top category, which is strong positive reason except Cognizant.

5) Handsome pay package as compared to Wipro.

6) After IBM I will rate Cognizant.

Hope now it will be easier for you to take dicision.

Thanks
14th August 2011, 12:24 AM
RABBANI SHAIK

dear friend here TCS is good when compare to CTS in the form of bond and work nature, CTS is having no bond and here work pressure is heavely involved so if you are a fresher please go to TCS if the bond id not a probblem to you it will be gave more advantage in work experiance

thanku all the best
17th August 2011, 07:28 PM
Unregistered

dear sir/madam,
thanking you for reading this Aptech English learning academy Ganganagar banaglore 32
we are providing the business communication, MNC for details contact Simbhu : 9986850545
we are providing the degree college student for business communication placement required for that students
thanking you
20th August 2011, 02:11 PM
Unregistered

Y the hell they r tellin TCS is d best best best.. No 1 means best ah... within a short period of time, CTS makes a challenge to so called abv companies..Keep this in mind... s nt important who is @ 1st place ri8 now.. who is growing fast & secures the 1st place @last.. thats the thing has to be noticed.. Mind it folks.. CTS is the best ever.. TCS is govt company... :P
20th August 2011, 02:40 PM
Unregistered

hi,
CTS is best .Because nice training will be provoided for freshers ,onsite oppurtunities are high It just startred before 16 years but its noe competing with the compaines like TCS,infi,Wipro which was started before 35 years.According to me CTS is best.
20th August 2011, 02:45 PM
jenyjoex

HI,

CTS is best.For freshers its a better place to learn new things.For freashers a separate academy is there in cognizant.SO many tranings also they are providing.After getting into project also we can lattend the trainngs.It has nore onsite opputunites.
And most importantly i was started only 16 years back but now competinfg with the companis like TCS,Infy,Wipro,Hcl which was started before 35+yeras',from this we can see the growth of the company.....I fell happy to work in cignizant
20th August 2011, 06:32 PM
dhruv007

DEAR TCS is the better one.it has better salary package, promotion and infrastructure too.it is the top most MNCs in india. it has very high capital growth and job security.
20th August 2011, 07:45 PM
GIR SHWETA

result of central bank of india for clerical cadre held on 13th february 2011
20th August 2011, 08:52 PM
Unregistered

hi.....i got placed in cognizant....its been three months but yet i havent received my date of joining.
21st August 2011, 07:55 PM
Unregistered

Which Stupid said TCS is good it is like hell and cognizant is awesome in terms of work culture and salary so ppl my suggestion is Cognizant I have been in TCS and it is like shit
23rd August 2011, 06:50 PM
Unregistered

cts rocks alwayzz.... ! :) cts is employee friendly !
24th August 2011, 01:39 PM
Unregistered

As per i heard and collected news from several websites nd my seniors i came to know its better to choose CTS than to prefer TCS. Its not that TCS is nt good compared to CTS. Both companies stand in their own way and both are comparitievely good. Its true that CTS doesn't fired a single employee during the recession time but nt the same in TCS. TCS fired thousands of employees in TCS.I prefer CTS More than TCS in means of JOB security!!!
24th August 2011, 01:52 PM
Ramyashrii

Its Better to choose cts than tcs.. I accept that tcs is a top ranking company but we employees don't benefit 4 tat... packages is same in both companies.... during recesiion period its true tat tcs fired many employees(in thousands) may u can be fired one day in future during recession.. so its better to prefer cts as we have the job security here!!!
Good Luck!!!!
24th August 2011, 05:54 PM
Unregistered

Hello dude!! Myself too got selected in cognizant through off campus.Its been three months didnt get my DOJ still!!
24th August 2011, 07:26 PM
ANIAAAAANNNNNIIIII00000

My friend both are almost equal in terms of salary , quality, relationship etc . But TCS is better than CTC currently in terms of ranking , profit . Also TCS profide better job security. So i think TCS is better.
24th August 2011, 07:40 PM
dhruv007

CTS is better compared to TCS since there is no bond in CTS ..it is one of top MNC of india.its capital growth is very high.its share holders are permanent. its economy is not variable.it is a stable company.it is a multinational company.

After lefting behind Infosys & Wipro TCS is at No.1 Position.
Yes after developing MISO, Railway Track Maintanance and mainly INCOIS etc. like system and applications TCS has taken a smart lead and become TOP IT Giant of India.
25th August 2011, 10:17 PM
Unregistered

TCS OR CTS?
give me one complete shot !!
26th August 2011, 06:17 PM
Unregistered

Re: Which company is better Cognizant or TCS?

TCS is better compared to CTS in terms of package, work environment, job satisfaction, employee friendly etc...so many advantages in TCS...No space to mention all the advantages of being a TCSer....proud to be a part of TATA group..
27th August 2011, 02:51 AM
Unregistered

after reading all comments I'm confused.
I'm in 4th yr and students will decide which company should come to our college.
Both wants to come at day 1 slot.
whom should we choose?
27th August 2011, 02:56 PM
Unregistered

Home take salary for freshers in TCS and Cognizant ? Reply
27th August 2011, 03:02 PM
Unregistered

Allowances given to the employees in TCS and Cognizant ?
27th August 2011, 11:59 PM
Unregistered

i wos by a couple f cts guys today.. and i dunno abt other companies but in cts they allow an amployee to persue mba, ms or ne other master course while workin by takin a long leave.. which i find pretty intresting! they don keep an bonds either.. i like their attitude!
28th August 2011, 01:16 PM
Unregistered

may i know the rank of cts at world wide
28th August 2011, 07:45 PM
saugata2008

Both the companies are good and well reputed but among them according to me TCS is better .Because is more global MNC than CTS .

thank you
30th August 2011, 08:32 PM
Unregistered

according to my perception both companies are xcellent.. CTS is growing rapidly while TCS is having huge investment from 1968 in so many sector..
in CTS work presure is more than TCS..
for fresher i will Suggest CTS bcz in CTS u get many things to learn....
but TCS is best in India.. choice is ur..
31st August 2011, 05:15 PM
cool.cristae

Hi dear,
Well, I have asked the similar question "Which is better Cognizant or Wipro" from 10 well placed IT & Software Professionals 6/10 voted for Cognizant.....!

Lets see what all 6 says why Cognizant is better:-

1) If someone wanted and promissing IT & Sofware career in Northern part of the country then nothing is better then Cognizant.

2) In the quarter ended June 2010, Cognizant grew its revenue sequentially by 15.2% while the Big Three struggled to even reach double-digits.

3) Job satisfaction + Healthy work enviroment.

4) Not a single Indian offshore service provider has been placed in the top category, which is strong positive reason except Cognizant.

5) Handsome pay package as compared to Wipro.

6) After IBM I will rate Cognizant.

Hope now it will be easier for you to take dicision.

Thanks
1st September 2011, 03:15 AM
sanju38121

TCS is much bette than cognizant . The salary packages in TCS are very high and TCS is one of the top MNCs of india with a high turnover. So TCS is much better than cognizant in every field.
1st September 2011, 11:39 PM
Unregistered

if you are looking for onsite opportunities in the next 2-3 years bracket, TCS it would be better option. otherwise, CTS has an slight edge over TCS on other counts.
3rd September 2011, 12:37 PM
Unregistered

what is the present salary in TCS & CTS as on Sept.2011
5th September 2011, 12:59 PM
Unregistered

within 2-3 years after joining how much salary hike a fresher can get in TCS?
5th September 2011, 03:17 PM
Unregistered

for a fresher whether it is better to go for TCS or Accenture?
5th September 2011, 11:27 PM
Unregistered

TCS / Cognizant all are service based company. what ever company it is...If you perform well in ur work..no one is going to fire you from the company. So concentrate on work and develop your programming skills. Remaining this like Hike and salary you will get automatically...
7th September 2011, 02:06 AM
divyashri rajwaniya

Thumbs up Re: Which company is better Cognizant OR TCS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupamjumtct View Post
can anyone tell me which is the best with supported information according to current scenario means post recession,salary hike,promotions,onsite project opportunity?
gud mrng..

well i must say tht TCS,INFOSYS n wipro are among the top mnc's n you should definately opt for tcs first and then for cognizant companies.
Basically cognizant company is an American multinational provider of a range of information technology, consulting and Business Processing Outsourcing (BPO) services, including Business and Technology Consulting, Complex Systems Integration, Application Development and Maintenance etc..
So, firstly u should try for tcs !
i hope this will help you ...
BEST OF LUCK!!!
7th September 2011, 03:31 AM
Unregistered

which company is better cognizant or accenture... i am a fresher
8th September 2011, 01:55 PM
Tapeshvar

Question Re: Which company is better Cognizant OR TCS?

Quote:
Hi ,
There will be three module tests conducted (with 3 attempts) after your training period.Only after clearing that you will be joined in cts. Even after those three modules there are three tests to be taken by you in cts campus during one year (P and Q test, Dovetail 1 , Dovetail2).
But clearing the module tests is very important

I too got selected in CTS, I got DOJ for 29th of this month...What exactly is "dovetail"?
I cant find any explanations in any web, can u please tell what it is???
Please reply to me [email protected]
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?