23rd October 2011, 03:33 PM
jacobs
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Which company is better Cognizant OR TCS?

Dear friend,
It is very clear that TCS is far more better company then CTS.

Here are some reason why TCS is better than CTS.
The reasons are as follows :

>Good salary.

>Bearable work pressure.

>Good working environment.

>Probability of sacking is low.

>You will get more respect.

So,
I think hopefully you can understand that TCS is far more better than CTS.

Start your preparation for TCS.

Criteria :

1.You should have minimum 60% marks throughout your academic career.

2.No active backlogs are allowed.

3.Maximum 2 years of study gap is allowed.

All the best........

Related Questions:
  1. How to join a reputed IT company like Infosys, Cognizant, TCS or Accenture after graduating from Electronics?
  2. What type of company related questions are asked in Cognizant interview?
  3. Can I get job in TCS being an employee of Cognizant and worked as a Part Timer in Genpact?
  4. Internship for 1 month in TCS, Cognizant, IBM and Infosys for B.Tech(CSE) 4th semester student?
  5. Which company to join as fresher Cognizant or Infosys?
  6. List of Companies which is a better Cognizant, Wipro, TCS based on Salary, Security and Work-Life balance, in USA Only?
  7. Cognizant or Infosys? Whcih company is better?
  8. Why TCS, Wipro, Cognizant and Accenture are not hiring correspondence B.Tech candidates?
  9. What is a better company between Oracle and Cognizant?
  10. Eligibility to get job in Cognizant, TCS, Wipro and iGATE for a candidate who has completed 10th in 2 attempts?
  11. How to join a core company while working with cognizant?
  12. Whether Cognizant is a better company in comparison to Honeywell or not? -- [New]
  13. Should I look for other companies if selected in TCS? What will be my salary in any other company after 2 years of worked experience in TCS?
  14. Should I quite my job for TCS? Currently I am working in a small company and now I having TCS offer
  15. Can I get placed in Cognizant company after scoring 58% in 10th and above 60% in 12th?
  16. Can I attend 2nd slot of Interview organized by CTS if didn't attend 1st one?
  17. Expected salary after 2 years of experience in TCS and Cognizant?
  18. Which company is better Cognizant OR TCS? -- [Most Discussed]
25th October 2011, 02:14 PM
Unregistered

i think when comparad to tcs ,cts is more better .

as my brother is working in tcs and i am working in cts .according to him (having 5 years exp) .the HR policies and the standards are very good in cognizant , and for fresher cognizant gives quality training on work. coming to job security -there is no need for any confussion on job security in cognizant even in recession time .

and coming to ranking of companies that means biggest and smallest is ur wish ,bcoz an employee cant feel that while working , if ur working microsoft company then also no will give u a seat in bus with respect. its up to u .

from my side i suggest only the work satisfication and level of respect towards the employee from company point of view
25th October 2011, 05:58 PM
sathish0038

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupamjumtct View Post
can anyone tell me which is the best with supported information according to current scenario means post recession,salary hike,promotions,onsite project opportunity?
dear friend, both company are good.
You can never say the comparison between both companies TCS & Cognizant.
both companies are competitor of each other.
If TCS goes to a college then Cognizant will not enter in that college.
& by salary both companies give approx same package.
You can go for any one of these two companies.

good luck.
29th October 2011, 05:33 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by answers_for_you View Post
dear friend
as per my opinion
TCS is better then congnigent

TCS is a global company and a reputated company in the world

financially it is stronger then congnigent

as well as it is a multinational company
first learn the spelling of cognizant ok.... it not congnigent
29th October 2011, 11:43 PM
blizard

Dear friend,
among these TCS and CTS I will always sat that TCs is far more better than CTS.

If you will see the reason then you will also say that TCS is far more better than CTS.

REASONS :

>>JOB SECURITY.

>>JOB SATISFACTION

>>GOOD SALARY

>>GOOD WORKING ENVIRONMENT

>>BEARABLE WORK LOAD

31st October 2011, 10:39 PM
imcool.raone

Hi dear,

Both these companies are good. But i will suggest you just go for TCS, because in TCS company you will get good salary package as well as they will provide you job security.

So, please choose those, who provide you better facility. So according to me TCS is
much better than Cognizant.

Thanks
1st November 2011, 09:27 PM
Unregistered

CTS is Better than any company. It's one and only company list in Fast Growing company u can get any thing in CTS compare to these two HCL Technologies is EVER Best company Sure...............
2nd November 2011, 09:02 AM
millan1

Location: At- Ainshamula; Po- Chhanijanga; Dist- Puri; Pin- 752113; Odisha

Respected sir;
I think Cognizant will be better. but it depends on your choice. because;
Both the companies are equally good and have diversified business. I have friends and relatives working in both the companies. Since you are a fresher, the important things to be considered :
1. how much is the offer,
2. location where you would be working,
3. cost of living of the place.

have a bright future
2nd November 2011, 09:34 AM
Unregistered

Go For Cognizant coz it will give u more salary as compare to tcs... Job is all about salary n tcs work pressure is too high as i thought....
Think CraZzy !!
2nd November 2011, 12:35 PM
Unregistered

i have offer letter of TCS ,CSC,MU SIGMA,SIEMENS AG,IGATE-PATNI. but i will join indias best company TCS., It is Right or Wrong.
3rd November 2011, 02:21 PM
wellwisher_unknown

CTS is good for a fresher coz firstly, it gives you a better learning experience to learn than TCS.

Secondly,training is shorter in CTS which gives u more time to learn while you work and not just bookish knowledge.They also call u earlier which results in adding a few more months of experience and salary and you will not waste time.

Thirdly,though salary for a fresher is better in TCS but when you will calculate,it will be only a difference of a few thousands(2k-3k) p.m. which a fresher should not see at the starting point of a career.
3rd November 2011, 09:14 PM
dravid999

hi dear,
Both these companies are good. But i will suggest you just go for TCS, because in TCS company you will get good salary package as well as they will provide you job security.

So, please choose those, who provide you better facility. So according to me TCS is

thanks
7th November 2011, 01:01 AM
Unregistered

Hi Friends, I have worked in both the companies (Life Sciences domain), but frankly speaking Cognizant is much better than TCS in terms of the transparency. There is no biasness as far as I had experienced in Cognizant. Might be the domain in which I have worked into.

Working culture is just awesome in CTS :)
For Fresher I will suggest to opt for Cognizant, and ofcourse Cognizant will offer you more job securtiy coz till I know there was no lay off in Cognizant during recession.

Cognizant Rocks :)
11th November 2011, 09:08 AM
rudramishra

TCS then Cognizant....!

After lefting behind Infosys & Wipro TCS is at No.1 Position.

Yes after developing MISO, Railway Track Maintanance and mainly INCOIS etc. like system and applications TCS has taken a smart lead and become TOP IT Giant of India.

But that does'nt means that Cognizant is not good, it is also one of the best IT Company in India, but as you said TCS vs Cognizant thats why TCS is first.

I have attached some files that will provide you knowledge what is MISO, INCOIS and why it takes lead as compared as Cognizant.
11th November 2011, 04:50 PM
Unregistered

hey man..from experience in TCS i can tell you TCS is way better for freshers for 1st two years only. it has good projects,good onsite,flexibilty,distributed throughout country. These all sound very nice but there is always a downside..

1 ) good projects - All major projects are grabbed by tcs chennai and then routed to other parts of india if anything left. Hence if you ask any employee of TCS they will say TCS chennai always has projects . Even i used to think how come tcs delhi,kolkata..etc there is not so much work than in chennai...Reality is this. Hence if you get allocated in north..then you wont get much work..if you get in chennai then you will be suffering from internal politics , favouritism for everything. (not that there in CTS)

2 ) good onsite - maximum in chennai and in all projects 90% people at onsite are tamilians..again a surprising fact...

3 ) flelxibility : it is there everywhere in all tcs branches.

Hence ...top IT giant ..world ranking...max. profit for every quarter...are all good to hear but reality is this . Compensations are pathetic...you wont even get a free coffee in chennai(maximum revenue branch )..because they want to invest everything on buildings..expensive transportation by company....less team outings,recreations...

so my friend even thought in Economic Times TCS occupies front page all the time , after every quarter but this is the situation at employee level...

Good luck...God Speed..!!
13th November 2011, 10:42 AM
pabitra_nayak
Senior Member+

TCS then Cognizant....!

Yes after developing MISO, Railway Track Maintanance and mainly INCOIS etc. like system and applications TCS has taken a smart lead and become TOP IT Giant of India.

But that does'nt means that Cognizant is not good, it is also one of the best IT Company in India, but as you said TCS vs Cognizant thats why TCS is first.

I have attached some files that will provide you knowledge what is MISO, INCOIS and why it takes lead as compared as Cognizant.
Attached Files
13th November 2011, 01:45 PM
Unregistered

cts is best ever...
13th November 2011, 01:59 PM
Fraction Down

dear friend,

Log on To:-http://careers.tcs.com

Eligibility for TCS :-

1.>Candidates should have throughout 60% means 60% in 10th, 60% in 10+2th and 60% in graduation.

2.>Candidates should have a graduation from a recognized university(Must be AICTE approved).

3.> Candidates should not have any backlogs.

4.> Candidates should not have more then 2 year gap in his study career.

VISIT:-http://careers.cts.com

Eligibility for Cognizant is:-

1.>Candidates should have throughout 60% means 60% in 10th, 60% in 10+2th and 60% in graduation.

2.>Candidates should have a graduation from a recognized university(Must be AICTE approved).

3.> Candidates should not have any backlogs.

4.> Candidates should not have more then 2 year gap in his study career.

friend,I'm telling both the MNC's are the best company in our Country.
you can go for any one of these.

But,my suggestion is you should go TCS.Now TCS is the India's leading software company.

Job security is high.You can get your promotion rapidly.

best of luck
13th November 2011, 04:58 PM
madhu madne

Thumbs up Re: Which company is better Cognizant OR TCS?

Hi

TCS is best in all concern
It is leading MNC

ALL THE BEST
13th November 2011, 09:50 PM
Unregistered

As recent growth and market rate, cognizant is far better than any other indian IT company preferably for the freshers who gonna start the career. Work in cognizant is more secure than TCS. Work Pressure in more in TCS. Many of my friends came out from TCS because of this work pressure.
13th November 2011, 11:58 PM
mendu aparna

Quote:
can anyone tell me which is the best with supported information according to current scenario means post recession,salary hike,promotions,onsite project opportunity?
CTS is better compared to TCS since there is no bond in CTS . While comparing package, TCS is better than CTS. If you are fresher, then you can adopt to CTS rather than TCS.

Work pressure is comparably high in CTS and just before they have incremented the package for old batch. So, If bond is not a problem for u, take TCS.
14th November 2011, 08:06 AM
alekhya

actually 2 companies are the most leading companies n in recesion period also ur job wil b for u
14th November 2011, 09:18 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
All IT companies are same.. There is no such difference in these companies..

But to some extent , I think TCS is better than CTS..

As TCS is the Asia's largest software exporter company by revenue..
So, they get more project than any other software companies..
You will definitely get lots of opportunity to get a job in TCS...
Also the working environment in TCS is very good, you can get promotion in TCS very quickly..

So, go for TCS....
All the best....
15th November 2011, 09:32 AM
pabitra_nayak
Senior Member+

TCS then Cognizant....!

18th November 2011, 11:31 AM
Unregistered

i doesnt know about tcs but i can say cts is good in timing and one of the most developing in india and during recessiion period every company stood behind while the cts company doesnt have any backfoot at that period
18th November 2011, 03:03 PM
Unregistered

you can work in any company and if you have stuff and experience you can get more salary.......no one is staying in the same company for many years
20th November 2011, 01:36 PM
sathish kumar

Default cognizant is much better than tcs

because cts never showing the partiality between B.E and M.C.A . The students who is having talent they will requrit them.
23rd November 2011, 03:54 PM
Unregistered

I am working in Cognizant. I got an offer from oracle. I am confused as to which is a better company. oracle or CTS?
23rd November 2011, 04:18 PM
Unregistered

Smile Re: Which company is better Cognizant OR TCS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by parhitoshika View Post
tcs is more better.
its ranking is now one in india.
its presence is also in many countries.
For Your kind information CTS doesnot work as Indian based company, it is a US based company. So it is not possible for CTS to rank top most in Indian IT.
27th November 2011, 09:56 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Hi Dude,
As per mine TCS is only the company which maintains the global standards,ethics.
As of u r requirement there is no recission in TCS for ever and ever(in 2008-2010 also) and regards hikes&promotions it is best in the world as per u r performance ..The main thing is u r onsite opportunity it is also depends on u r performance not only in tcs in everywhere(eg.They are sended one person with in 2 of of joining in that one).

Regat
28th November 2011, 03:19 PM
surekha_katreddy

As a matter of fact TCS is ranked number 1 in india but still
i suggest cognizant is the best as i believe that it is unbiased
and facilitates a better growth of an employee.
28th November 2011, 05:15 PM
Unregistered

top 10 mnc company in world detailas
28th November 2011, 11:33 PM
Unregistered

i want to know about all the medical tests in west bengal and rajasthan.
4th December 2011, 01:20 PM
Unregistered

Default Which company is better Cognizant OR TCS?

It is always good to work with a growing organization that helps your growth. Recent statistics revealed that CTS is the worlds fastest growing IT company. TCS, Infosys, CTS, Wipro are in the order of the highest revenue generated companies in india. But this do not mean that all these companies are superior to IBM, Microsoft.
Hence, never judge a company by its revenue but judge by its terms of quality projects being handled and growth of employees
Finally, Cognizant is better option compared to TCS
8th December 2011, 07:58 PM
Unregistered

which company is better Cognizant OR LNT Infotech?
9th December 2011, 12:46 AM
Unregistered

hi i am 2011 passout fresher IT engineer from KALYANI GOVT ENINEERING COLLEGE..
i did not qualify for any campuss placement. because i have 3 year study gap.
2002- class 10 (66.13%)
2004 -class 12(failed)
2005-2008 polytechnic (80.5%) [form 2002 - 2005 these 3 years are recognized as study gap in campuss placement.bcoz i did not pass Higher Secondery/ 12]
2008-2011 btech(DGPA 7.74)
..... if i joined a short company (php based).... is there any possibilities to shift to big mnc like TCS /CTS /INFOSYS... after 1-2 year experience .....
plz give some suggestion .. plz .....
15th December 2011, 02:57 PM
Unregistered

Cognizant is THE BEST !!!
17th December 2011, 04:56 PM
arun.potturu

Between both TCS and COGNIGENT both are good.You can choose any one as you career option.
1.But the TCS providing job security.
2.Salaries are more in cognigent than tcs.
3.The recruitment is strict in cognigent compared to tcs.
For walkin's in TCS and COGNIGENT visit the website www.freshersworld.com
27th December 2011, 07:01 PM
Unregistered

As of now cts is best, i'll go for it,recently i have joined in the company, i am very much satisfied with CTS.
3rd January 2012, 03:41 PM
Unregistered

i want to know what hike does TCS gives to new employee and also for existing employees...
5th January 2012, 10:22 PM
Unregistered

both are good year...salary increment is completely depend upon your ability ...dont go with any statistics...prepare yourself...both will provide you a glorious future...
6th January 2012, 12:27 PM
Unregistered

Which company is better COGNIZANT or TCS for feshers? What will be the salary package and safetly level ?
7th January 2012, 09:09 PM
sai 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul k View Post
dear friend

off course not TCS, no job security is needed for talenteds only needed resourceful, work appreciated and learn able environment we need. Thats CTS is having than tcs.
so best choice is Cts.
10th January 2012, 10:31 AM
Unregistered

which company is best????
CTS or HCL?
reply>>>>>>>>
11th January 2012, 10:46 PM
Unregistered

what are the top 20 mnc companies in india ?
15th January 2012, 05:49 PM
Unregistered

Hi Friends..Please may i know How is the verification process of CTS..
17th January 2012, 12:27 PM
Unregistered

I donno abt other companies but in TCS it ur wish u want to take work pressure u can ..and i f donnn wanna to take ,,then u wont :) lyf is vey smooth in TCS..u can mould according to ur wish :)
17th January 2012, 11:21 PM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

TCS stands for Tata Consultancy Service.TCS is the part of Tata Group.TCS is in Information Technology industry.TCS is ranking top 30 in Information Technology sector.

Eligibility criteria to get job in TCS company:
>> Candidate should have complete minimum graduation degree with any stream from a recognized university with 65% marks aggregrate
>> If the candidate have complete BCA/MCA/Engineering course he/she will have more benefits than other courses
>> Candidate should have good communication skills
>> Candidate should have good leadership qualities.
18th January 2012, 09:28 PM
Unregistered

I am Ravimrawi, a TCS employee. In my view, both TCS and CTS are paying good for its employees. Its all about your work environment. If you like what you are doing, then you will say the company in which you are working is good. Both TCS and CTS employees will have the same joy and pressure. Just words are jumbled here. Nothing else.
Enjoy what you are doing :-):-).
20th January 2012, 09:40 AM
Unregistered

which company is better cts or wipro?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?