19th June 2010, 12:26 AM
anupamjumtct

Which company is better Cognizant OR TCS?

can anyone tell me which is the best with supported information according to current scenario means post recession,salary hike,promotions,onsite project opportunity?

Related Questions:
  1. How to join a reputed IT company like Infosys, Cognizant, TCS or Accenture after graduating from Electronics?
  2. What type of company related questions are asked in Cognizant interview?
  3. Can I get job in TCS being an employee of Cognizant and worked as a Part Timer in Genpact?
  4. Internship for 1 month in TCS, Cognizant, IBM and Infosys for B.Tech(CSE) 4th semester student?
  5. Which company to join as fresher Cognizant or Infosys?
  6. List of Companies which is a better Cognizant, Wipro, TCS based on Salary, Security and Work-Life balance, in USA Only?
  7. Cognizant or Infosys? Whcih company is better?
  8. Why TCS, Wipro, Cognizant and Accenture are not hiring correspondence B.Tech candidates?
  9. What is a better company between Oracle and Cognizant?
  10. Eligibility to get job in Cognizant, TCS, Wipro and iGATE for a candidate who has completed 10th in 2 attempts?
  11. How to join a core company while working with cognizant?
  12. Whether Cognizant is a better company in comparison to Honeywell or not? -- [New]
  13. Should I look for other companies if selected in TCS? What will be my salary in any other company after 2 years of worked experience in TCS?
  14. Should I quite my job for TCS? Currently I am working in a small company and now I having TCS offer
  15. Can I get placed in Cognizant company after scoring 58% in 10th and above 60% in 12th?
  16. Can I attend 2nd slot of Interview organized by CTS if didn't attend 1st one?
  17. Expected salary after 2 years of experience in TCS and Cognizant?
  18. Which company is better Cognizant OR TCS? -- [Most Discussed]
19th June 2010, 09:48 AM
ravi k
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which company is better Cognizant OR TCS?

dear frnd,ofcourse TCS will be better.it is one of top MNC of india.its capital growth is very high.
all d best........
19th June 2010, 12:14 PM
VINODH PANCHAPAKESAN

CTS is better compared to TCS since there is no bond in CTS . While comparing package, TCS is better than CTS. If you are fresher, then you can adopt to CTS rather than TCS. Work pressure is comparably high in CTS and just before they have incremented the package for old batch. So, If bond is not a problem for u, take TCS.
19th June 2010, 01:17 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

dear friend

Both these companies are good. But i will suggest you just go for TCS, because in TCS company you will get good salary package as well as they will provide you job security.

So, please choose those, who provide you better facility. So according to me TCS is
much better than Cognizant.
19th June 2010, 09:08 PM
amit.2186

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupamjumtct View Post
can anyone tell me which is the best with supported information according to current scenario means post recession,salary hike,promotions,onsite project opportunity?

hi, both these comapanies ie TCS & COGNIZANT, are good in every aspects
20th June 2010, 12:58 AM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

TCS then Cognizant....!

After lefting behind Infosys & Wipro TCS is at No.1 Position.

Yes after developing MISO, Railway Track Maintanance and mainly INCOIS etc. like system and applications TCS has taken a smart lead and become TOP IT Giant of India.

But that does'nt means that Cognizant is not good, it is also one of the best IT Company in India, but as you said TCS vs Cognizant thats why TCS is first.

I have attached some files that will provide you knowledge what is MISO, INCOIS and why it takes lead as compared as Cognizant.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Railway Track Maintainance.pdf(177.2 KB, 920 views)
File Type: pdf MISo.pdf(804.3 KB, 725 views)
File Type: pdf tcs_eis_Geospatial_case_early_warning_system[1].pdf(627.7 KB, 670 views)

Last edited by faiyaz; 20th June 2010 at 01:08 AM. Reason: editting
20th June 2010, 10:05 AM
kool
Senior Member++

dear friend, both company are good.
You can never say the comparison between both companies TCS & Cognizant.
both companies are competitor of each other.
If TCS goes to a college then Cognizant will not enter in that college.
& by salary both companies give approx same package.
You can go for any one of these two companies.

good luck.
20th June 2010, 10:39 AM
sandy B

hello friends!!!!! for my openion TCS is much better than the CTS,as TCS have much job stability than the cts.as well as tcs employee have much job satisfaction than the cts.
20th June 2010, 11:42 PM
August
Senior Member+

dear frnd now TCS IS Iindia's no1 software export company leaving behind infosys and wipro.

it has recently has taken many projects from USA.

so it will continue to give good results.

cognizant is good but not better than tcs.
21st June 2010, 12:07 PM
Unregistered

hello rahul k

my opinion was same before recession period.
But previous year TCS sacked 500 people in recession period,how can we say that they provide better job security?
whereas Cognizant did not sacked a single employee during that period thats the information I have.
Please provide information to clear my Doubts.
6th July 2010, 07:23 PM
Unregistered

Ha... As a cognizant employee i am posting this information.

Cognizant did fire during recession. TCS is much better than Cognizant.

Cognizant:
Employee satisfaction is less
Hikes are less
Work pressure is more

2007 passed outs got 4.85lacs approximately who got promotions(3.7 lacs who did not get promotion) in Cognizant where as in TCS,
2007 passed outs got same 4.85 with normal ratting.So if u want less work pressure with good salary then go for TCS else go for
Cognizant.
7th July 2010, 12:57 AM
Unregistered

How can you say that CTS has sacked employees during recession?Newspapers,magazines and other journals don't say so.
As far as everyone knows CTS havn't sacked a single employee.If you have any links as proof that say so pls send us.Everyone can know the truth.
9th July 2010, 08:10 PM
Unregistered

Hi... if you want to have job security, then go for CTS. Or if you dont want to have your job secured and your intention is to get some hundreds of rupees more that CTS then for go for TCS. There is no job security in TCS. Indirectly TCS fired thousands of employees during the recession period.

1. In TCS they will recruit may employees in contract. they fired all the contract employees first.
2. Next, they initiated background check unnecessarily for the employees those who worked for some small companies previously. During the recession period, all most all the big IT companies were struggling, then how come the small companies will survey? So those companies are no longer available. Since the employees have worked for small companies, they will get the background check report as RED. Then they will be called by HR and will be fired with a hour of time (even they worked for TCS more than 3 years, and already the same TCS did the background check for the same employee, and got the report successfully as GREEN during their carrier start at TCS).
3. Next, in TCS the onsite empoyees will get less rating than offshore employees, since they are assigned to onsite and earngin more (its a project adjustment, and it will happen. its common). But your bad luck, if your onsite assignment got over at the recession period, then you will not go to offshore. you will directly go to your home :-). HR will have a reason that you didnt perform well in your last quarter and you will be fired immediately. Your project managers will not help you at that time.

But in CTS no like that. They fired very few employees. You will have work pressure. but almost your job will be secured.
No think decide...
11th July 2010, 07:49 PM
drdo99
Banned

currently,cognizant is giving more facilities to its workers.
tcs now is at rank 2 on global rankings,cts on 4 or 5th.
if you want to join ,then join cts.
12th July 2010, 03:28 AM
answers_for_you

dear friend
as per my opinion
TCS is better then congnigent

TCS is a global company and a reputated company in the world

financially it is stronger then congnigent

as well as it is a multinational company
12th July 2010, 01:22 PM
Unregistered

CTS is better than TCS in all aspects. Who said, we will get good hike. There are poeple who is getting less after the last appraisal. Everywhere we can see some kind of politics, TCS is full of it.

Aware, you might report to your juniors regularly in TCS.
12th July 2010, 02:56 PM
Unregistered

TCS is not as good as it seems to be ........Its is the same Hire & Fire .....but only in a very covert way....
12th July 2010, 03:01 PM
Unregistered

CTS is the EVER BEST..!!
6th August 2010, 01:25 AM
Unregistered

cts is best company to join
10th August 2010, 04:27 PM
Unregistered

Dude don't listen anyone, check da statistics and reviews go 4 tcs , !! cts is no doubt a gud company but hehehehe ......
11th August 2010, 06:13 PM
Unregistered

I am a fresher(2010 passed out) placed in the CTS, many of my friends placed in other companies got the joining date and they started working.I am waiting from 2 months,i have selected Bangalore as my first preference, may i know when they might give the date or any body know the exact date?............
12th August 2010, 05:39 PM
Unregistered

TCS is better in allll aspects comparing to CTS
13th August 2010, 08:10 PM
Unregistered

I prefer Infosys. :)
14th August 2010, 06:03 PM
amit1057
Senior Member+

dear friend,
TCS company is better than Cognizant company.TCS company is no.1 software company in India.
Good Luck!
15th August 2010, 02:43 PM
parhitoshika
Senior Member+

tcs is more better.
its ranking is now one in india.
its presence is also in many countries.
16th August 2010, 06:01 PM
Unregistered

hi.can any body please tell me whether i sud join cognizent or wipro....................
i hv placed in both compny as freshers
17th August 2010, 01:02 AM
Unregistered

Smile Re: Which company is better Cognizant OR TCS?

Hello ... I am a Manager - Consulting in the BFS practice (Banking and Financial Services) for a US based company. Though it is tough to compare companies like TCS to Wipro or Infy to CTS or Infy to TCS, the advantage with CTS is that "CTS is a US based MNC" --- This makes a ton of difference !! The other good thing about CTS is that (because it is a US based company) is avoiding the political gimmick which TCS, Wipro, Satyam and Infosys is going under now ! Summing up - Cognizant is a far better company in the IT Consulting industry (the top being Deloitte, IBM, Accenture).A company is good or bad depends on an individual, but metrics like Financial Performance, Career Growth, Salary Structure and Corporate/ HR Policies, On-Site Opportunities are some of the factors you can evaluate on. But all these companies have solid financials and excellent growth patterns. To be a good performer on the job is self duty; Sacked/ Fired ? What was the reason ? Did you fail consistently ? Not fit for the job ? Lazy ? Find it out from your manager or HR !!
Consulting companies are high powered and the IMAGE has lot to do when competing for projects. Not all these IT consulting does the same thing - TCS is good in ERP solutions while CTS is good in Financial Services projects; Each one have their own strengths and operational model.
My suggestion to the Indian kids who just graduated is : Get into a company and learn the job (as we feel we can rock from day 1 and then on the job everyone is a pampered kid from some engneering college) - Get experienced in a industry domain and take it where you can. As a fresher, you are at a very young stage with limited knowledge and experience to compare the so called Big-IT companies. Sorry if I made anyone felt bad .... But it is reality
Thanks
17th August 2010, 03:13 AM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi.can any body please tell me whether i sud join cognizent or wipro....................
i hv placed in both compny as freshers

Well, I have asked the similar question "Which is better Cognizant or Wipro" from 10 well placed IT & Software Professionals 6/10 voted for Cognizant.....!

Lets see what all 6 says why Cognizant is better:-

1) If someone wanted and promissing IT & Sofware career in Northern part of the country then nothing is better then Cognizant.

2) In the quarter ended June 2010, Cognizant grew its revenue sequentially by 15.2% while the Big Three struggled to even reach double-digits.

3) Job satisfaction + Healthy work enviroment.

4) Not a single Indian offshore service provider has been placed in the top category, which is strong positive reason except Cognizant.

5) Handsome pay package as compared to Wipro.

6) After IBM I will rate Cognizant.

Hope now it will be easier for you to take dicision.

Regards
~Faiyaz~
17th August 2010, 06:35 AM
ashokv2989

TCS is top company in providing regular salary increment as it receives the U.S out sourcing projects continuously. It has more collaborations with foreign nations . so better opt for TCS.
17th August 2010, 10:38 AM
Adarshxxx
Senior Member+

dear frnd,tcs is the best...tcs is indias no.1 company....
17th August 2010, 11:35 AM
pradeepkarki65

Thumbs up Re: Which company is better Cognizant OR TCS?

my friend u must choose cognizant instead of tcs as it is highly developing company in india
17th August 2010, 11:43 AM
robart
Senior Member+

dear friend,

really TCS is better than Cognizant.as we know that tcs is the number one software compny of india. it does export import business of software.

its capital income per year is very high.its share holders are permanent. its economy is not variable.it is a stable company.

it is a multinational company.

best of luck.
17th August 2010, 01:40 PM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

i will suggest you just go for TCS, because in TCS company you will get good salary

package as well as they will provide you job security.TCS is a global company and a

reputated company in the world financially it is stronger then congnigent,TCS IS Iindia's

no1 software export company leaving behind infosys and wipro.it has recently has taken

many projects from USA.
17th August 2010, 02:50 PM
mk1810

Hi Friend,

TCS is always best. To be frank TCS is like a government organisation. I am working in TCS. It is not like since I am working in TCS I'm telling this. I compare my work pressure with my friends who are working in Infy, CTS, Wipro etc., It is in TCS you can come at 9am in the morning and can leave by 6 or 7pm in the ngt. Moreover as package is concerns TCS gives you good hike based on your rating. If you get 5 out of 5 rating you will get very good hike in your salary which no company is providing. Though getting 5 will be difficult getting 3 or 4 out of 5 is easy if you complete the work assigned to you in time. So always TCS is best than CTS.
17th August 2010, 02:58 PM
Unregistered

what are various exams after final year in electronic and telecommunication?
17th August 2010, 04:09 PM
jiyaa

dear friend,
both are very good companey,but as a fresher TCS is better than the cognizent,will you have higher package in TCS and more job security...but keep preparing for both the companey..

with best wishes
17th August 2010, 04:30 PM
Shagun Makin

Quote:
Dear friend,
In my view you should go for TCS as it is more reputed one than Cognizant.
You will see that TCS for good infrastructure and also it gives the best training which will really be helpful for making your future.
So i will suggest you to go for TCS.
Regards
Shagun
17th August 2010, 05:29 PM
danveer

Quote:
dear friend both of the tcs and cognizant are best but tcs is more best.
17th August 2010, 06:03 PM
ece

no doubt TCS is better as this is the topmost MNC and salary hike is also there
17th August 2010, 06:30 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

look, both company are very good.

but if you consider as for job stability, then TCS is better Cognizant .

you may get some low amount of salary in tcs, but here jobs are more stable.

all the best..........
17th August 2010, 08:26 PM
Senior Member+++

hello friend
here i can simply provide you a compparison chart that will help you to know the current polling among the top companies :

Which company is better for Freshers
TCS 33.33%
Cognizant 41.67%
TechMahindra 12.50%
Others / None of them 12.50%
17th August 2010, 09:04 PM
Adarshxxx
Senior Member+

Hello Dear frend,
in my opinion Tcs is far better than Cognizant.infact TCS is the top MNC company in India.............
wish you al the best!!!!!!!
17th August 2010, 10:04 PM
Unregistered

I am not from cognizant or TCS, But I am from a Bank. I know both cognizant and TCS very well as I am in chennai where both have their major operations. I am part of team which handles both this companies. Avg salaries of both the companies will be the same to large extent..

During Recession, the only company to grow at the same pace and recruit at the same pace and offered bonus to employees is CTS...

But as everyone said, TCS is big, But what Big mean to employees is a Big question?

If you got placed in CTS,work there and feel it and if you dont like it jump to TCS Vice-verse

Every place is a good place to work, every place is a bad place to work... so lets not worry and enjoy what we do.. all the best...
18th August 2010, 05:17 AM
subhasish
Senior Member++

Hello Friend
Both the companies are the recognized companies ,there is no question of 1st and 2nd.....

Tcs is the indian company whereas Cognizant is the USA based company......

TCS is considered as one of the top software company in India.......that's all...
18th August 2010, 09:38 PM
Unregistered

where ever u r its ur fate that decides
initial date of join is only random thn how can one expect the same to happen
everything based out of your performance...be it in tcs or cts
u hav 2 carv out your own future
work more than others....know more than than others...success is yours
26th August 2010, 12:26 PM
rajesh gupta 1

Dear friend;

All the companies are good. if you work hard

then automatically company gives you respect,

better sallaries etc.........If you not work good;

then all the comanies dump you.
27th August 2010, 04:30 PM
Unregistered

Yes CTS pays much more dividends..sometimes 200 % of variable pay fixed for your designation..I think CTS has better scope for career prospects..Moreover as said it operates from US hence they were able to withstand in the recession as well... as they get all projects mentioning that they are a US based company.
28th August 2010, 10:27 AM
subhash5687
Banned

Quote:
dear all knows tcs is the best software company if you are confusing between tcs and cognigent then you should choose tcs it is beeter option for you. best of luck dear,
31st August 2010, 11:44 AM
princearyan
Senior Member+

TCS is better than CTS. If you are fresher,
then you can adopt to CTS rather than TCS.
Work pressure is comparably high in CTS ,
Tcs is the indian company whereas Cognizant is the USA based company,
if you consider as for job stability, then TCS is better Cognizant .
1st September 2010, 10:56 PM
tina toms

i think TCS in better..it thing that always matters is that whether the indiviual can cope up with his working conditions.in that case no company matters..all the best
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?