20th January 2012, 07:13 PM
ashwak8

Default Re: Which company is better Cognizant OR TCS?

Both cts and tcs are mnc companies ..
If you are a fresher , then you better to choose tcs .
For freshers , tcs training is very flexible ..
In cts , for experience candidates , they will give more salary ..

Related Questions:
  1. How to join a reputed IT company like Infosys, Cognizant, TCS or Accenture after graduating from Electronics?
  2. What type of company related questions are asked in Cognizant interview?
  3. Can I get job in TCS being an employee of Cognizant and worked as a Part Timer in Genpact?
  4. Internship for 1 month in TCS, Cognizant, IBM and Infosys for B.Tech(CSE) 4th semester student?
  5. Which company to join as fresher Cognizant or Infosys?
  6. List of Companies which is a better Cognizant, Wipro, TCS based on Salary, Security and Work-Life balance, in USA Only?
  7. Cognizant or Infosys? Whcih company is better?
  8. Why TCS, Wipro, Cognizant and Accenture are not hiring correspondence B.Tech candidates?
  9. What is a better company between Oracle and Cognizant?
  10. Eligibility to get job in Cognizant, TCS, Wipro and iGATE for a candidate who has completed 10th in 2 attempts?
  11. How to join a core company while working with cognizant?
  12. Whether Cognizant is a better company in comparison to Honeywell or not? -- [New]
  13. Should I look for other companies if selected in TCS? What will be my salary in any other company after 2 years of worked experience in TCS?
  14. Should I quite my job for TCS? Currently I am working in a small company and now I having TCS offer
  15. Can I get placed in Cognizant company after scoring 58% in 10th and above 60% in 12th?
  16. Can I attend 2nd slot of Interview organized by CTS if didn't attend 1st one?
  17. Expected salary after 2 years of experience in TCS and Cognizant?
  18. Which company is better Cognizant OR TCS? -- [Most Discussed]
20th January 2012, 07:16 PM
ashwak8

If you are a fresher , its better to choose tcs .
For freshers tcs training is more flexible than cts ..
For experienced candidates , cts will give more salary
20th January 2012, 07:17 PM
ashwak8

If you are a fresher , its better to choose tcs .
For freshers tcs training is more flexible than cts ..
For experienced candidates , cts will give more salary
25th January 2012, 09:01 PM
rkexam

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupamjumtct View Post
can anyone tell me which is the best with supported information according to current scenario means post recession,salary hike,promotions,onsite project opportunity?
In TCS and Cognizant, TCS is best option because it's a top indian Multinational Company.

Eligibility Criteria For TCS

1. Pending Backlog are not allowed.

2. Candidate must be score at least 60% in through out career.

3. Maximum Two year gap are allowed

The selection procedure of TCS consists of following 3 rounds

1. Written Test
2. Technical Interview
3. HR Interview

here is New and fully solved TCS

Previous years questions asked during the Placement,
so prepare your self with the help of these papers.

also you can Download the more from -

http://entrance-exam.net/tcs-placement-papers/

with great regards
RK"
27th January 2012, 03:49 AM
Unregistered

Hi All,
Now i'm wrkng in TCS BPO, but i wnt to mve IT side. Is there any possible? Can you pls suggest me???????????
27th January 2012, 11:32 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible for a science graduate who is working in BPO to move to IT ?
28th January 2012, 09:38 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
can anyone tell me which is the best with supported information according to current scenario means post recession,salary hike,promotions,onsite project opportunity?
Do not forget to compare the Onsite opportunities and the onsite packages. CTS is best in class when it comes to onsite Salaries. They offer Salaries comparable to the countries local standards which are far better than TCS, Wipro, Infy, IBM, Accenture or HCL and others..
28th January 2012, 02:41 PM
Unregistered

CTS is better than TCS
28th January 2012, 11:59 PM
Unregistered

what is take home salary in cts?
30th January 2012, 03:46 PM
tl.com

Hi...
if you want to have job security, then go for CTS. Or if you dont want to have your job secured and your intention is to get some hundreds of rupees more that CTS then for go for TCS. There is no job security in TCS. Indirectly TCS fired thousands of employees during the recession period.

1. In TCS they will recruit may employees in contract. they fired all the contract employees first.
2. Next, they initiated background check unnecessarily for the employees those who worked for some small companies previously. During the recession period, all most all the big IT companies were struggling, then how come the small companies will survey? So those companies are no longer available. Since the employees have worked for small companies, they will get the background check report as RED. Then they will be called by HR and will be fired with a hour of time (even they worked for TCS more than 3 years, and already the same TCS did the background check for the same employee, and got the report successfully as GREEN during their carrier start at TCS).
3. Next, in TCS the onsite empoyees will get less rating than offshore employees, since they are assigned to onsite and earngin more (its a project adjustment, and it will happen. its common). But your bad luck, if your onsite assignment got over at the recession period, then you will not go to offshore. you will directly go to your home :-). HR will have a reason that you didnt perform well in your last quarter and you will be fired immediately. Your project managers will not help you at that time.

But in CTS no like that. They fired very few employees. You will have work pressure. but almost your job will be secured.
No think decide..
thanks
4th February 2012, 12:16 PM
Unregistered

Hello everyone. I am in great confusion and please help me. I am from kolkata,West Bengal. I passed B.Tech in Computer Engineering in 2011 and got placed in tech Mahindra through on campus. But after passing B.Tech in last 6 months they did not give me joining. in the mean time, CTS ( Cognizant) scheduled an Off Campus drive in Kolkata and i got selected. They have given me joining in Chennai, Tamilnadu on 27th January,2012. i got Testing as my training domain. They told us, after completion of a 2.5 months training, we will relocated to other location. i gave my preferred location as Chennai. After doing training for 1 week, yesterday i got joining letter from tech Mahindra and found their location is Kolkata!! (my home town). and it's on 24thFebruary,2012. I am getting so much confused and can't decide whether i should do. The work culture of Cognizant satisfied me , but as I am in Chennai, lots of money are wasting for my food and lodging. my parents want Tech Mahindra and i want Kolkata but not want to leave Cognizant,as I heard it is far better than tech Mahindra. Both ae giving almost same salary. But, if I am in Kolkata, I can save a lot. Friend, please please tell me what to do.
6th February 2012, 10:23 AM
Unregistered

So according to u CTS is not a global company and it is not a multinational company?
8th February 2012, 06:43 PM
Unregistered

I agree with you 100% on this point sir........I a a fresher,2011 pass out,joined cognizant on aug 2011.
Till now my experience in cts is great. Since I have not worked in other companies I cannot compare them based on my personal experience............
But I would again stress on the point that being a fresher,the most important thing for us is to gain industry-level experience and gaining knowledge (practical knowledge in projects of course;no more of theoritical knowledge )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello ... I am a Manager - Consulting in the BFS practice (Banking and Financial Services) for a US based company. Though it is tough to compare companies like TCS to Wipro or Infy to CTS or Infy to TCS, the advantage with CTS is that "CTS is a US based MNC" --- This makes a ton of difference !! The other good thing about CTS is that (because it is a US based company) is avoiding the political gimmick which TCS, Wipro, Satyam and Infosys is going under now ! Summing up - Cognizant is a far better company in the IT Consulting industry (the top being Deloitte, IBM, Accenture).A company is good or bad depends on an individual, but metrics like Financial Performance, Career Growth, Salary Structure and Corporate/ HR Policies, On-Site Opportunities are some of the factors you can evaluate on. But all these companies have solid financials and excellent growth patterns. To be a good performer on the job is self duty; Sacked/ Fired ? What was the reason ? Did you fail consistently ? Not fit for the job ? Lazy ? Find it out from your manager or HR !!
Consulting companies are high powered and the IMAGE has lot to do when competing for projects. Not all these IT consulting does the same thing - TCS is good in ERP solutions while CTS is good in Financial Services projects; Each one have their own strengths and operational model.
My suggestion to the Indian kids who just graduated is : Get into a company and learn the job (as we feel we can rock from day 1 and then on the job everyone is a pampered kid from some engneering college) - Get experienced in a industry domain and take it where you can. As a fresher, you are at a very young stage with limited knowledge and experience to compare the so called Big-IT companies. Sorry if I made anyone felt bad .... But it is reality
Thanks
8th February 2012, 06:47 PM
Unregistered

I agree with you 100% on this point sir........I a a fresher,2011 pass out,joined cognizant on aug 2011.
Till now my experience in cts is great. Since I have not worked in other companies I cannot compare them based on my personal experience............
But I would again stress on the point that being a fresher,the most important thing for us is to gain industry-level experience and gaining knowledge (practical knowledge in projects of course;no more of theoritical knowledge )

Quote:
Hello ... I am a Manager - Consulting in the BFS practice (Banking and Financial Services) for a US based company. Though it is tough to compare companies like TCS to Wipro or Infy to CTS or Infy to TCS, the advantage with CTS is that "CTS is a US based MNC" --- This makes a ton of difference !! The other good thing about CTS is that (because it is a US based company) is avoiding the political gimmick which TCS, Wipro, Satyam and Infosys is going under now ! Summing up - Cognizant is a far better company in the IT Consulting industry (the top being Deloitte, IBM, Accenture).A company is good or bad depends on an individual, but metrics like Financial Performance, Career Growth, Salary Structure and Corporate/ HR Policies, On-Site Opportunities are some of the factors you can evaluate on. But all these companies have solid financials and excellent growth patterns. To be a good performer on the job is self duty; Sacked/ Fired ? What was the reason ? Did you fail consistently ? Not fit for the job ? Lazy ? Find it out from your manager or HR !!
Consulting companies are high powered and the IMAGE has lot to do when competing for projects. Not all these IT consulting does the same thing - TCS is good in ERP solutions while CTS is good in Financial Services projects; Each one have their own strengths and operational model.
My suggestion to the Indian kids who just graduated is : Get into a company and learn the job (as we feel we can rock from day 1 and then on the job everyone is a pampered kid from some engneering college) - Get experienced in a industry domain and take it where you can. As a fresher, you are at a very young stage with limited knowledge and experience to compare the so called Big-IT companies. Sorry if I made anyone felt bad .... But it is reality
Thanks
9th February 2012, 01:41 AM
prince222

tcs and cognizent both are good,if u get selected in any one of them then leaning well and getting experience should be ur priority rather than looking at what packages they r proving . Once u have experience package will automatically increase
10th February 2012, 01:41 PM
qwertyuiop2758

Dear
On the basis of placements,both the companies are equally good...But in my view, Cognizant is a better company as compared to the TCS...This is because it gives,probably a higher package to the students.....
Thankyou
Aishwarya Mehrotra
22nd February 2012, 01:23 AM
Unregistered

cognizant is Awesome compair to TCS .Tcs is stagnent no growth .Cognizant is growing exponentially so u will also grow same !!!Nice place to work
26th February 2012, 06:14 PM
kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk7

don't join any of the company keep tea stall and leave peace full life i think its better
27th February 2012, 03:04 AM
michael_scofield

You haven’t specified which group you have taken in the +2 course. If you are from Science background, you can study the engineering or medicine programs. Otherwise you can pursue the Bachelors’ degree course in Science, Commerce or Arts disciplines. If you have passed the XII course from Commerce or Arts disciplines, you can carry out the graduation course in the respective subjects. Otherwise, pursue the BBA or BCA course, which are the foundation courses for doing MBA and MCA programs. You can also carry on with other courses like CA, CS, ICWA and so on. As you expect high-salaried jobs after your course, better pursue professional courses, which may help you to earn well. Complete your graduation course in any disciplines. Go on for higher studies. It will be better for you to pursue the Master of Business Administration course after your Bachelors’ degree
27th February 2012, 10:34 AM
drurv

After lefting behind Infosys & Wipro TCS is at No.1 Position.

Yes after developing MISO, Railway Track Maintanance and mainly INCOIS etc. like system and applications TCS has taken a smart lead and become TOP IT Giant of India.

But that does'nt means that Cognizant is not good, it is also one of the best IT Company in India, but as you said TCS vs Cognizant thats why TCS is first.
29th February 2012, 08:29 AM
123dolly
Senior Member+++

dear friend

Both these companies are good. But i will suggest you just go for TCS, because in TCS company you will get good salary package as well as they will provide you job security.

So, please choose those, who provide you better facility. So according to me TCS is
much better than Cognizant.
6th March 2012, 06:12 PM
123dolly
Senior Member+++

TCS is better than CTS. If you are fresher,
then you can adopt to CTS rather than TCS.
Work pressure is comparably high in CTS ,
Tcs is the indian company whereas Cognizant is the USA based company,
if you consider as for job stability, then TCS is better Cognizant .

best of luck.................
14th March 2012, 04:58 PM
Unregistered

Hi Everyone,

I have 5 years of IT experience split across CTS and TCS, SoI guess I have fair right to comment on this.
Cognizant definitely has a much better work culture, TCS is almost as good as Government office in all its process.

The appraisal process in CTS may not be the best but is ceratinly far better than TCS.

The reason why I quit CTS was because the salary package was too low at that time (I quit around Dec 2009). However they seem to have got that fixed too.
My ex colleagues in CTS who joined as freshers are actuall earning more than me, I also hear that CTS has paid 200% incentive this year to its employees, where as for all these 2 years TCS has paid only 100% of its variable pay.

Reg Job security I hear TCS fired more employees than CTS.

Few more people who had joined along with me from CTS also have similar views.

Also TCS is the only company in the world where the company's earnings go up and employees salaries come down, thanks to the appraisal system
TCS - Totally Confusing Solutions
14th March 2012, 05:11 PM
Saravana_1685

Hi All,

I have 5 years of IT experience split across CTS and TCS. I guess I have a fair right to comment on this question.

CTS has a much better work culture. Its more professional. TCS is govt office literally in everything, you have to keep going behind people to get things done.

The reason I quit CTS was my salary package was not upto mark after 3 years (I quit in Dec 2009). That was teh biggest mistake I made in my life. Right now my ex colleagues in CTS are earning more than me despite me getting a good rating in my appraisals in TCS.

The appraisal process in CTS to be frank is not the best but atleast it is better than TCS. TCS is the only company where company's revenue go up and employee's salaries come down thanks to the appraisal/rationalization process they have here.

I know a few more people who quit CTS to join TCS, they semm to have the same feelings.

TCS - Totally Confusing Solutions
14th March 2012, 06:01 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
How can you say that CTS has sacked employees during recession?Newspapers,magazines and other journals don't say so.
As far as everyone knows CTS havn't sacked a single employee.If you have any links as proof that say so pls send us.Everyone can know the truth.
Dont go by the advertisements of Cognizant. You will be fooled. They sacked people from my project only. What more prrof you need? You can ask anyone who is working in CTS.
23rd March 2012, 03:23 PM
Unregistered

Dear Friend,
I Agree with you fuly . I am also a TCS employee. Actualy I am a fresher and joined TCS recntly. wantd to know How much is the increment mased on ratings?
27th March 2012, 12:43 AM
Unregistered

Most of the posts are in favour of TCS.....but myself being an employee of CTS will always vote for CTS...though we know that TCS gives a betr job security but hey presto!!!TCS did fire at recession time but CTS dint and moreover work culture and environment is far betr in CTS, there is obviously less politics and more security. TCS may be the number 1 but from business perspective but CTS is number from from employee satisfaction perspective and onsite opportunities
27th March 2012, 12:38 PM
jobsee

Yes after developing MISO, Railway Track Maintanance and mainly INCOIS etc. like system and applications TCS has taken a smart lead and become TOP IT Giant of India.

But that does'nt means that Cognizant is not good, it is also one of the best IT Company in India, but as you said TCS vs Cognizant thats why TCS is first.
27th March 2012, 02:29 PM
Saravana_1685

Quote:
Dear Friend,
I Agree with you fuly . I am also a TCS employee. Actualy I am a fresher and joined TCS recntly. wantd to know How much is the increment mased on ratings?
We havent heard anything yet. Last year wasnt great probably 10 -20K per year at the most, if you get a decent rating 4 or 5
Anything below you are scewed. you might end up getting less than what you are currently getting right now.

We cannot be sure about anything, you can be sure only when u get the letter. But you can be guaranteed you wont lose anything if you get 4 or 5.

Good luck dude.
28th March 2012, 06:00 PM
Saravana_1685

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobsee View Post

TCS business growth is definitely high, but the growth doesnt seem to filter down to the employees. CTS on the other hand gave its employees 150 to 200% incentive this year.

http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2011-03-15/news/28691439_1_employee-mark-industry-leading-growth-bonus-payout

I have also verified this info with my friends in CTS.
30th March 2012, 03:34 PM
arnav saswati

hello my friend...
as per my knowledge is concerned tcs is best

it is now a days top MNC company

so great luck and all the very best....
2nd April 2012, 11:56 AM
Dilbag86

TCS makes ur first prefence coz Tata Consultancy Services is undoubtedly amongst the best of the companies to work for. This is a definite answer you would get whenever you ask freshers about the company they dream for. Let me discuss with you the top three reasons which make it the best company to work for.

a) Reputation Of The Company Would Make You Feel Proud

TCS is one company which has consistently delivered ever since its foundation. It is a company which is known widely amongst Indians and foreigners for its quality of work and efficient global delivery model. This reputation is sure to draw a sense of pride if you work for the company. Literally there is no one in India who wouldn't know TCS. The company has won several national and international awards to add to its reputation.

b) Excellent Work Culture

Work culture is at its best in TCS. It is not a company where there is bossing around, bias etc. The policies of the company and the practice of the seniors have brought upon the company one of the best work cultures you can ever witness in an Indian company. Work culture plays a very important role in bringing the best from the employees. Not only is the salary pay scale that matters, but the way the company treats its employees is a very important factor for the success of any company . TCS is probably the company with best work culture amongst IT services in India (Some say Infosys is as good as TCS when considering work culture.)

c) Excellent Growth Opportunities

The ever performing company has its operations across almost all domains you can imagine including IT services for healthcare, banking, insurance, logistics etc. Also the company literally works on every possible technology starting from legacy mainframes to cutting edge technologies. This naturally gives employees a great platform to get equipped in domain knowledge as well as in technical stuff. A job experience with TCS is sure to get you a job in any other company so easily.
6th April 2012, 10:19 PM
123dolly
Senior Member+++

dear friend

Both these companies are good. But i will suggest you just go for TCS, because in TCS company you will get good salary package as well as they will provide you job security.

So, please choose those, who provide you better facility. So according to me TCS is
6th April 2012, 10:37 PM
Unregistered

I am working with CTS Kolkata for 7 Years. Just last week I got a offer from Capgimini Kolkata. Is it good from career perspective to take this opportunity? Should leave CTS and join Capgemini or to stick with CTS? Please suggest....
14th April 2012, 02:41 AM
Unregistered

As future prospect CTS is best becoz u immediately get into project but in TCS itz difficult and as security purpose TCS is best
19th April 2012, 10:19 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
im a fresher and 2011 passedout... i got selected fr cts and still waiting for joining date from 3 months...

hey have u got the joining date???
25th April 2012, 10:37 PM
123dolly
Senior Member+++

dear friend

26th April 2012, 05:16 PM
Unregistered

Dear,
TCS or CTS both are good companies. Salary is almose same, job security is better in Cognizant, no bond in cognizant, projects are mostly of USA no, in TCS you might get better onsite chances. But on an average in terms of job security and no bond Cognizant is better than TCS
10th May 2012, 07:03 PM
Unregistered

I am an employee of CTS...who said TCS is much secure than cts...when I was in kolkata TCS fires 450 from kol branch and as far as i know CTS has rarely fired their employees.Thats y i m in CTS for the last 6 years.
13th May 2012, 01:06 AM
Unregistered

Hi... Guys its not abt who is big/small.... As far as i know, it comes down to the project that a person gets tagged tat matters the most... Both companies are good, Secured n productive... As one gains experience, the job gets better... if one is technically strong... its time to see money, he can jump from one place to another ! Remember, loyalty to the company is just a myth. If a person plans his career and sees big... he/she needs to sacrifice his companions/team. So as a fresher, try to gain knowledge and XP...dont bang ur head on finding who is big !
3rd June 2012, 12:41 PM
123dolly
Senior Member+++

dear friend

9th June 2012, 06:52 PM
Unregistered

Smile Re: Which company is better Cognizant OR TCS?

Hi better you go by cts ,wait of 15 months then change ur work location or company by salary hike.
16th July 2012, 02:38 PM
Unregistered

how many months cts takes to announce the date of joining?
23rd July 2012, 12:34 AM

TCS vs. CTS Dilema,

My dear friend/(s),

I think the first question you would want to ask yourself is "what are my short term/long term goals?" ex. Want to learn the work environment and then jump to another company. or I want to work in TCS/CTS (or any XYZ) company because that is my dream company. Want money. or Want overseas assignments.. etc.

Let me tell you something from my experience (and some of my friends too), one company is never better than others unless you love doing what you do there. Even if you work for Microsoft only to find yourself being dragged to the office everyday, you will hate it. So, decide based on what your goals are in life what you want to become or achieve in next 2/5/10/25 years.

Someone has said.. "Salary is reflection of value you provide the company"! very true, because the seperation of the employee/employer coms when either of party thinks that the there is imbalance between the salary vs value.

All the best. I hope you make a good decision in life.
27th July 2012, 06:28 PM
Unregistered

mostly in case of issuing call letter which company invites first? wats the reason behind it ?
15th September 2012, 09:26 PM
Unregistered

CTS vs TCS, too many procedure for TCS for the experience candidates, but for the CTS simple procedure for experience candidates, (eg: you need to have all companies bank statements as a proof in TCS, but for the CTS the last company will do)
6th October 2012, 08:52 PM
shweta raana

Quote:
tcs is older andvery fast growing..
cognizant is younger than tcs...
Infosys and Wipro got left behind in the growth scene in 2011, while Cognizant blasted the others with its explosive growth. TCS remained the top Indian IT services company and saw its global ranking improve from 21 to 16 in 2011.. in 2010 its ranking was 21.. whereas cognizant ranking was 33.. so tcs being older is a better option and fast growing company...
7th October 2012, 09:45 PM
shweta raana

Quote:
tcs is oldest and fastest growing today
cognizant is younger n fast growing
but tcs ranks 16 today globally
so prefer tcs
hurry
all the best
27th November 2012, 02:23 PM
Nazu ahamed

Smile Which company is better Cognizant OR TCS?

I work for Corgnizant and upto my knowledge Cognizant is the best. coz i hav gathered many information about tcs and compared it with cognizant.
Just because TCS is the top listed company it cant be better.
Cognizant provides immense training to students which makes us groom well as a corporate and techie.
27th November 2012, 05:06 PM
utsav9
Member+

Hello friend,
CTS is better compared to TCS since there is no bond in CTS . While comparing package, TCS is better than CTS. If you are fresher, then you can adopt to CTS rather than TCS. Work pressure is comparably high in CTS and just before they have incremented the package for old batch. So, If bond is not a problem for u, take TCS.
Thank you.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?