19th June 2010, 01:41 AM
Mr Ajay

Best books for Biology, Physics, Chemistry and Maths for various Medical and Non-Medical entrance exams?

hi !
I have passed H.S. exams this year and want to prepare well for the Medical joint exams like WBJEE, AIPMT, JIMPER, etc. I am too confused, for am still not able to decide which books to follow for the best preparations.please recomend the books of entrance preparation for BIOLOGY, PHYSICS, CHEMISTRY. many books are available but its too tough to pick the best ones out. plese help !

19th June 2010, 03:47 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Best books for Biology, Physics, Chemistry and Maths for various Medical and Non-Medical entrance exams?

Try Disha's objectives and Pradeep objectives. Or you can also check some books having old papers, like last 10 years AIPMT papers. Just go to the stationary and tell them what you need they will give you the best
19th June 2010, 04:48 PM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Best books for Biology, Physics, Chemistry and Maths for various Medical and Non-Medical entrance exams?

See first of all dont confuse yourself by getting lots of books. Just choose some selected 2 to 3 books each subject and then you may increase it according to your need

For physics : NCERT, HC Verma, Arihant DC Pandey objective
For chemistry :NCERT(A Must), ABC of chemistry, Arihant
For Biology :NCERT in biology(A Must), Arihant

Go for the Arihant books for medical entrance exams as they are too good and will be helpful to you

Cheers
19th June 2010, 06:21 PM
SJ.18
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Ajay View Post
hi !
I have passed H.S. exams this year and want to prepare well for the Medical joint exams like WBJEE, AIPMT, JIMPER, etc. I am too confused, for am still not able to decide which books to follow for the best preparations.please recomend the books of entrance preparation for BIOLOGY, PHYSICS, CHEMISTRY. many books are available but its too tough to pick the best ones out. plese help !
Hi
Dont be so much confused about books.
I give you the names of books but before that i would like to tell you that you must see old question paper also.
In biology you select Pradeep’s Biology, SC Verma (Part-1 and 2), NCERT- Biology Part 1 and Part 2, Trueman’s Biology, AC Dutta for Botany (Oxford Publication.
In Physics you may select -CBSE PMT set of 3 Volumes by Anil Aggarwal, HC Verma for Physics, Concept of Competition Physics for CBSE PMT by Aggarwals, NCERT- Physics Part 1 and Part 2.

In chemistry-ABC Chemistry, Arihant Organic Chemistry, Dinesh Chemistry, NCERT- Chemistry Part 1 and Part 2

Good luck
19th June 2010, 11:10 PM
SCILOG

Thumbs up Re: Best books for Biology, Physics, Chemistry and Maths for various Medical and Non-Medical entrance exams?

Hi!!
Friend!!!!!!!
You can go for :-
1) NCERT textbook
2)Brilliant tutorial
3)Pathway newspaper
4)mtg books/magazine
5)Arihant books
BEST OF LUCK FOR PREPARATION.
20th June 2010, 07:45 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hello friend,
Following are some of the best study materials you should read.

Trueman’s Biology
NCERT- Biology Part 1 and Part 2
NCERT- Chemistry Part 1 and Part 2
Morrision Boyd for Organic Chemistry
Physics: CBSE PMT set of 3 Volumes by Anil Aggarwal
NCERT- Physics Part 1 and Part 2
20th June 2010, 03:53 PM
vaishali14feb

Quote:
hi !
Dear,you should also buy ten years of some exams.
Ten year- Arihant Publications
Mathematics-R.D Sharma (IIT Objective)
Inorganic Chemistry-O.P. Tondon
Organic Chemistry-Textbook for organic chemistry,Arihant
Physics-H.C.Verma and N.C.E.R.T. (very important)
ALL THE BEST
1st August 2010, 11:01 PM
Unregistered

what is wave motion
2nd August 2010, 04:49 PM
mayankkaushik02

First of all don't confuse, select one book and go for it. After compeleting this you can go for another book.

For Physics:- Pradeep's And HC Verma
Chemistry :- ABC chemistry , pradeep and Arihant
Maths :- RD Sharma objectives
Biology :- Trueman and Arihant

Also do 10years of competative exams and NCERT.
2nd August 2010, 09:26 PM
Singh Anurag Atul kumar

Dear friend.first of all i want to tell u that u don't get confused.Just choice those books in which short and sweet and helpful synopsis is givenI want to tell u name of some books which is sure helpful to u.....
physics : NCERT,Arihant DC Pandey objective
prepare well for your exams
BEST OF LUCK
2nd August 2010, 10:22 PM
ravi6

dear all books which provide study material for entrance exam after +2 are best and very

good.some top books for prepration are:-

GRB books of chem.,physics and biology.

Brilliant tutorial

objectives of physics,chem.,math,biology of dinesh publication.

regards
ravi6
3rd August 2010, 01:10 AM
Abs

Quote:
hi !
Bro,
fist of all you have to go through NCERT ,then
physics-h.c. verma (best book for this level enterance exam),I.E.irodov(best problems),rescnik &halliday (amazing book forcocepts &problem) &solve as many question paper you can solve &tests
chemistry-Dr.O.P.Agrawaal (2) RC Mukerjee Physical chemistry,ARIHANT (Physical+Inorganic+Organic)
and coachimg material like GMP,RTPFetc. is very useful
6th August 2010, 02:50 PM
Jitendra malviya

Location: 8-bhawani shri lakshya , chhatrasal nagar ,phase 1 ,Bhopal(M.P.),462023

hi friend ,

All best is here...

Hope below mentioned books can help u to do so-

For Physics:
Concept of Competition Physics for CBSE PMT by Aggarwals
HC Verma for Physics,
NCERT- Physics Part 1 and Part 2

For Chemistry:
ABC Chemistry
Arihant Organic Chemistry
Peter Atkins and Julio de Paula for Physical Chemistry
Dinesh Chemistry

Biology:
SC Verma (Part-1 and 2)
Dinesh Biology
Pradeep’s Biology
Trueman’s Biology
AC Dutta for Botany (Oxford Publication)
MTG (Biology Today) CBSE PMT (Subscription)

Study package for Medical Entrance Exam by Tata Mc-graw hill publishers can also help u while preparing for entrance examination.

good luck
14th August 2010, 04:33 PM
Unregistered

hello ,
please give me the information about the best books for physics, chemistry,biology for AIPMT;JIPMER'AIIMS like medical exams
15th August 2010, 08:13 AM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

Dinesh Chemistry

15th August 2010, 10:34 PM
anil maurya delhi

HI.............
i am prepairing medical exam plz tell me the very well way of study,
19th August 2010, 11:31 PM
Unregistered

trueman publication objective is sufficient of MBBS entrance selection?
20th August 2010, 01:12 PM
richa420
Banned

Frnd

there r no. of book in the market for the preparation for medical exam,but im suggesting u some good books as follows:

a) For physics : NCERT, HC Verma, Arihant DC Pandey objective
b) For chemistry :NCERT(A Must), ABC of chemistry, Arihant
c) For Biology :NCERT in biology(A Must), Arihant
20th August 2010, 08:53 PM
Raj333

dear friend
there are so many books are available in market for Biology, Physics, Chemistry and Maths for various Medical and Non-Medical exam .so i will suggest some books for various Medical and Non-Medical exam are
for Biology
pradeep’s Biology
MTG (Biology Today) CBSE PMT
SC Verma (Part-1 and 2)
Dinesh Biology
AC Dutta for Botany (Oxford Publication),
Chemistry:

Rudiments of Chemistry- MCQC Type

Higher Secondary books- Part 1 and Part 2(WBHSC)

Dinesh Chemistry

Physics:

Rudiments of Physics- MCQ type

Higher Secondary books- Part 1 and Part 2(WBHSC)

HC Verma for Physics,

Concept of Competition Physics for CBSE PMT by Aggarwals

NCERT- Physics Part 1 and Part
MATH
m l khanna
k c sinha
bikash rahi
s l lony

best of luck
21st August 2010, 10:34 PM
kool
Senior Member++

dear friend,
for basic knowledge about your subject you have to follow NCERT books a sa text book, which is very beneficial for you.

& for more knowledge you can take help from various reference books available in market as:
Physics: H.C.verma, M.Karim, D.C.Pandey
Chemistry: RCM, SLG, Arihant publication etc
Biology:Pradeep’s Biology, SC Verma (Part-1 and 2), Trueman’s , AC Dutta etc.

kindly choose any one of it but always keep touch with NCERT books.

good luck.
21st August 2010, 10:43 PM
kool
Senior Member++

Thumbs up Re: Best books for Biology, Physics, Chemistry and Maths for various Medical and Non-Medical entrance exams?

dear friend,
for basic knowledge about your subject you have to follow NCERT books a sa text book, which is very beneficial for you.

& for more knowledge you can take help from various reference books available in market as:
Physics: H.C.verma, M.Karim, D.C.Pandey
Chemistry: RCM, SLG, Arihant publication etc
Biology:Pradeep’s Biology, SC Verma (Part-1 and 2), Trueman’s , AC Dutta etc.

kindly choose any one of it but always keep touch with NCERT books.

good luck.
4th October 2010, 12:26 AM
Unregistered

i am now in asansol.how can iget brilliant study material for aiims,aipmt.please send me some address or phone numbers regarding this topic.my email address is [email protected]
4th October 2010, 01:30 AM
mseetharamster

it is better to follow a normal book,that your tutor has said to follow than a best book.
But regarding physics HC Verma is good,Chemistry-OP Tandon,biology by arihant
4th October 2010, 01:50 AM
teeks
Senior Member+

ok dear no to worry about books
if you completed H.S exam and you want to know the books for physics,chemistry,and biology then these are
For physics :
NCERT, HC Verma, Arihant DC Pandey objective
For chemistry
:NCERT(A Must), ABC of chemistry, Arihant
For Biology :
NCERT in biology(A Must), Arihant
these books will help you for the Medical joint exams like WBJEE, AIPMT, JIMPER,
all the best
4th October 2010, 05:38 PM
aotiwari

I personally feel that to clear any entrance exam you need to solve
as many questions as possible and get it clarified.
Get as many question papers, questions and start solving it and then read
theory from the book or net. This will help you a lot.
Don't search for books, search for ideas that will help you in the long run.

Best of Luck!!!!!!!
4th October 2010, 06:17 PM
NITIN2
Senior Member+

Dear friend

no doubt there are number of book available in the market of Math, Biology, Physics and Mathematics,but do not be confused. I am providing you the name of books that are best. Name of book are as follows:

Physics

Physics by H.C. verma (vol 1 and 2)

Physics of NCERT (vol 1 and 2)
MCQ in physics by Deb Mukherji

Math

Math by K.C. SINHA
Math by erodov
Math by Asit das and Gupta

Biology

Biology of NCERT (Vol 1 and 2)

Chemistry

1. chemistry

Chemistry by O.P. Tondon (vol 1 and 2)

Chemistry by NCERT (vol 1 and 2)

Best of luck
30th October 2010, 01:44 PM
princearyan
Senior Member+

here is the list of the books.
you can follow the given following books.....

for physics:
h.c verma
erodov
m.karim

for chemistry:

perdip

dinesh

for mathematics

books by k.c singh

book by das and pal
10th November 2010, 06:15 PM
Unregistered

i am very weak in physics.i am doing only D.C.PANDEY.after that i am weak in physics.i want full concept clear.which book should i prefer to do better in physics.pis rply.
my e-mail address---([email protected])
11th November 2010, 06:16 PM
Unregistered

PLEASE GIVE wbhsc [HIGHER SECONDARY] BOOK NAMES
29th November 2010, 12:06 AM
Unregistered

I refer universal self scorer of physics ,chemistry and bio with akash institute material manly bio and also allen institute material is it reach me top in ojee and cbse pmt?
22nd January 2011, 01:11 AM
Unregistered

is it enough to only study NCERT for biology ONLY as time is limited
27th January 2011, 08:51 PM
Unregistered

syllabus for Bhartiya Vidyapheet ENTRANCE EXAM
4th February 2011, 01:17 AM
Unregistered

Are English and general question (of 40 marks) in Manipal mbbs entrance included while deciding the merit list of selected students? please answer!
5th February 2011, 09:55 PM
Unregistered

can any1 temme where i cn download a pdf file of dinesh objective physics volume 1 online for free??
5th February 2011, 10:00 PM
Unregistered

can any1 please temme where i cn download Dinesh Objective Physics Volume 1 online???
pleasee.....
16th February 2011, 12:14 AM
Unregistered

i want to know that whose books are best for AFMC medical entrance exam. i have only two months for preparation and i dnt want to coaching from any institute. i do by owns self efforts.
So please suggest which kind of books that i m follow in this short time of period.
u tell me as soon as possible.
3rd March 2011, 08:11 PM
Samar surya

is there a book that can fill all requirements and to which we can stick and rely completely
16th March 2011, 07:46 PM
Unregistered

if v instead of getting confused & running after best books of various sub. ,v concentrate on ncert & a single any refrence book which is gd fr competition & get our concepts clear just frm them ,will that b sufficient fr competitions.
pls suggest that whether abc's biology is worth of use fr competitions???
16th March 2011, 08:04 PM
angarika tripathi

i request u 2 pls answer my ques soon.
thank u
22nd March 2011, 07:33 PM
Unregistered

i m a student of class 10 and everyone around me is suggesting me to prepare for the medical entrance exams.so what should i do???
26th March 2011, 07:55 PM
Unregistered

i m a student of class 12 realy tensed about boards9(ICSE) i m confused dat what shud i go with shud stdy jst couse books fr boards or other suggested books fr competition,,what shud i go with bords or competitins???
4th April 2011, 05:49 PM
chiranjeev90

hii,
don't be soo confused with books.i will strongly recommend u to stick with the books that u have gone thrugh.
i will be providing a list of books for evry subjects.
physics:-
1)concept of physics by h.c verma
2)erodov
3)m.karim
4)pradeep's physics
5)arihant physics
chemistry:-
1)Chemistry by O.P. Tondon (vol 1 and 2)
2)

Biology:
1)SC Verma (Part-1 and 2)
2)Dinesh Biology
3)NCERT- Biology Part 1 and Part 2
4)Pradeep’s Biology
5)Trueman’s Biology
6)AC Dutta for Botany (Oxford Publication)
7)MTG (Biology Today) CBSE PMT (Subscription)

maths:-
1)rd sharma (vol 1, 2 and 3)
2)RD Sharma objectives

for enggineering go for brilliant materials

and for medical go for ibooks materials

best of luck
11th April 2011, 12:48 AM
Unregistered

heyy!!!!!
actually i was preparing myself for my medical entrance examination and i want an subjective book in order to understand the basic concept of organic chemistry and even for physics..........i only want subjective material......
14th April 2011, 02:35 PM
Unregistered

for class 11th cbse student................ witch books are best for reference..... includinf biology and mathematics also
19th April 2011, 03:47 PM
Unregistered

i want to open my own coaching center, so i want to know the best chem books for class 11th n 12th cbse to read so that i can explain well to my students.i have completed my msc in chemistry from d.u
29th April 2011, 08:39 AM
Unregistered

Hi, I need a book or c.d that contains images and details on biology. For me, it is easy for get the concept by viewing images or demonstration.(Based on NCERT)
2nd May 2011, 06:48 PM
Unregistered

please give me the name of best books of AIPMT which can entirely cover the syllabus to study.
20th May 2011, 08:14 PM
Unregistered

I want the best chem. book which includes all organic, inorganic,phisical chem
25th May 2011, 01:06 PM
Unregistered

what is the pattern of medical exam-2012?
31st May 2011, 10:35 PM
mailmeshekhar2011

Hi dear,

See first of all dont confuse yourself by getting lots of books. Just choose some selected 2 to 3 books each subject and then you may increase it according to your need

Go for the Arihant books for medical entrance exams as they are too good and will be helpful to you

Thanks
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?