20th July 2017, 04:21 PM
Unregistered

What stream do we need to choose after 12th to become an IAS officer in future?

What stream do we need to choose after 12th to become an IAS officer in future? Can you please guide me in the right way to achieve my goal? What are the courses which students take to become an IAS? Can you please list me down and their advantages?

Related Questions:
  1. Which stream is best to choose to become an IAS officer in future?
  2. Which stream should I choose for Graduation to become an IAS Officer?
  3. Which is the best stream to choose in graduation to become an IAS officer?
  4. Which stream should I choose in class 11th to become an IAS Officer? Which exam do I need to write?
  5. Which stream should I choose in class 11th to become an IAS Officer? Which exam do I have to write?
  6. Which stream is the best after 10th so as to become an IAS officer in future? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Which course to choose between B.A and B.Com to become an IAS Officer after 12th Commerce?
  8. Which stream in class 12th will be helpful to become an IAS Officer?
  9. Which stream should I choose for Graduation to become an IPS Officer in the future?
  10. Which subjects to select in 12th to become IAS in future?
  11. Which branch in studies will be helpful to become an IAS officer in the future?
  12. Which subjects should I choose in Arts stream to become an IAS Officer?
  13. Which stream should I choose to study in Intermediate to become an IAS Officer? -- [New]
  14. Which subject or stream to choose after 12th to become IAS in future?
  15. Which subjects are important in 11th standard to become an IPS officer in future?
  16. Which subject to choose in 11th standard to become an IAS officer in future?
  17. How to become an IAS officer? How may I get the details like eligibility criteria, qualification requirements etc for becoming an IAS officer? I am in 12th standard(maths stream) -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Which stream should I choose in class 12th to become a high rank Police Officer like SI, IPS and IAS?
22nd July 2017, 07:07 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What stream do we need to choose after 12th to become an IAS officer in future?

IAS refers to Indian Administrative Service and to be an IAS officer one needs to qualify Civil Services examination held by UPSC once every year.

--> The basic qualifications required for appearing in Civil Services examination are as here under :-

* You must have the nationality of India.

* Your age must lie within 21 years to 32 years if you belong to general category. Further there is provision of age relaxation for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

* You must have either completed your graduation degree or must be in the final year of same with any discipline from a recognized university.

Now it is evident that as far as one's eligibility is concerned for appearing in Civil Services examination then there is no requirement of a particular subject/stream at any stage of academics but the selection of stream for academics becomes very important when one opts for his/her optional subject for the second stage of Civil Services examination i.e; Mains as one is required to have a thorough knowledge in that subject which is possible only if one is interested in that subject and it lies to his/her strength.

So in my view you should choose the subject for your graduation degree according to your interest and strength. Also I would like to let you know that it is a very wrong perception that a particular subject is hard and other is easy as it is psychological thing that a subject of your interest will be easier as compared to anyother subject.

For details regarding Civil Services examination you can visit the link www.upsc.gov.in.
22nd July 2017, 09:05 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What stream do we need to choose after 12th to become an IAS officer in future?

To become an IAS officer in future, you should have passed Bachelor's degree course from a recognised university. There is no need to opt for any course for pursuing Bachelor's degree course to become an IAS officer. The age criteria required to appear in IAS examination is 21 to 32 years. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules. So, I suggest you to pursue any course of your interest for pursuing Bachelor's degree course and then apply for IAS examination.
22nd July 2017, 11:46 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

I.A.S stands for Indian Administrative Service and for recruitment as an officer candidates have to appear and qualify in Civil Service examination.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university. The age limit to appear for examination is 21-32 years with relaxation in upper age limit.

Candidates are eligible to pursue any discipline in bachelor or 12th std to appear for examination.

The examination is conducted in three stages as Preliminary, Mains and Interview. Candidates can also select the optional paper for Mains examination other than bachelor discipline also.

So, you can select any course according to your interest to appear and qualify in examination.

Most important requirement to qualify in examination is dedication, devotion and determination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?