7th September 2010, 03:32 PM
bhumi thakkar

Genetic Engineering: Percentage required in 12th and which subjects to choose to study genetic engineering later?

I am a student of std 11th... i would further like to take genetic engineering as my career... could you tell me what is the % required to get into it? which subjects should i opt for? how great is the scope of it?

Related Questions:
  1. Percentage required in 12th to get admission in Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology courses? Main subjects in both the courses? Entrance exams required to be answered for Genetic Engineering?
  2. How to study genetic engineering after passing 10th? What subjects are required for genetic engineering
  3. How to get into genetic engineering after 12th?
  4. What are the subjects required for Genetic Engineering? Is Maths required for Genetic Engineering course?
  5. Percentage needed in 12th board exam to get admission in Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology course? Entrance exam which I need to answer?
  6. Percentage of marks required in boards to get admission for Genetic Engineering Biotechnology? What are the main subjects in Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology? Which is the entrance exam?
  7. How to do genetic engineering after doing 12th with PCM?
  8. Which are the colleges offering genetic engineering in Maharashtra? Marks required to apply for genetic engineering? Which are the other competitive exams for genetic engineering?
  9. What is the percentage required in 12th to do Genetic Engieering abroad?
  10. Subjects which I should opt in 11th and 12th to take up Genetic Engineering? Which entrance exams to give?
  11. Can I join genetic engineering after taking BIPC in 12th?
  12. What should we study after +2 to study genetic engineering in future ?
  13. What should I do to study Genetic Engineering after completion of 12th PCM?
  14. Procedure and eligibility criteria for genetic engineering?
  15. Is Mathematics compulsory for studying genetic engineering?
  16. Which subjects to choose in 12th to get admission in genetic engineering? -- [New]
  17. Marks required in 12th for admission to Genetic Engineering?
  18. Best colleges of genetic engineering in India after 12th? -- [Most Discussed]
7th September 2010, 04:54 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Genetic Engineering: Percentage required in 12th and which subjects to choose to study genetic engineering later?

Hello friend,
Biology with genetics as its part and Maths are the subjects which you must have in your +2 to pursue genetic engineering. To pursue bachelor degree programme from IIT, you will have to appear for IIT JEE. You have to score a minimum of 60%(for general/OBC) or 55%(for SC/ST), in the +2 examination.
Genetic engineering will provide you opportunity to work in medical and pharmaceutical industries, the agricultural sector.Apart from these industries one can also work in the the research and development departments of the government and private sectors. Its true that there is huge demand for such engineers but to make a successful career in this field, you must go for higher studies in this field.
7th September 2010, 06:06 PM
asahu47
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Genetic Engineering: Percentage required in 12th and which subjects to choose to study genetic engineering later?

hi..
u need to score more than 70% in ur 12th and have subjects of biology and life scinces in ur 12th to get qualifide foe genetic enginnering.

good luck.
7th September 2010, 06:26 PM
Sushant Roy
Senior Member++++

hi friend,

The basic eligibility criteria for a graduate degree (BE / B.Tech) is 10+2 or equivalent examination, with Biology, Chemistry and Mathematics as well as genetics as part of the biology OR a bachelors degree in science or molecular biology. Percentage is not of concern today but appearing in JEE , will make you eligible only if you have got more than 60% in 12th for gen. or 55% for sc/st.
Selection to the graduate courses ( BE / B.Tech ) is based on merit i.e the marks secured in the final exams of 10+2 and through entrance exams. Entrance to the IIT's is through JEE (Joint Entrance Exam) and for other institutions through their own separate entrance exams and other state level and national level exams. Apart from the IIT's, some other famous institutes also recognize JEE scores for selection.
Research and teaching are the only two field into which you can go in future. You can be a lecturer in any govt. college or can be a scientist in a govt. organisation.
7th September 2010, 08:01 PM
nuzhat fathima

you must be a biology,physics,chemistry or genetics student in puc.In colleges candidates are selected on the basis of there merit obtained in the qualifying exams.60% must be the aggregate.
17th September 2010, 02:13 AM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

In order to join genetic engineering you must clear you 12th with minimum 60% aggregate for IIT JEE and 35% for AIEEE.

In india if you want to get into top genetic engineering college then you have to tak up entrance test such as IIT JEE and AIEEE. After you clear these entrance test you will be eligible to take admission to the genetic engg course.

So prepare hard for the entrance test and i am sure you will crack it if you work hard on it. For genetic engineering a good rank is a must in both exams
17th September 2010, 05:30 PM
nillu
Senior Member+

For doing genetics first you need to have good command on the science subjects which are maths, biology, chemistry,and physics,
You need to score reaaly high marks in your 10+2.
After this you need to appear for IIT exam nad through this way you can join it.
but one thing is for sure that the there is better chances for these courses in foreign counrties as in India its only in growth phase.
17th September 2010, 08:55 PM
mohit brh

Dear friend,
For Genetic engineering you will have to qualify entrance exam like IIT-JEE , AIEEE and other also but before that you have to score good marks in 12th like 60% or more than 60%. there are very good scope in private industries.

all the best
18th September 2010, 01:23 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Genetic Engineering is a part of Biotechnology. These studies the structure and everything related to DNA and genes in detail. You need to have PCB (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) as main subjects in your +2. Either you can join any research institutes or get into teaching profession if you get into this field.
15th October 2010, 09:01 AM
Unregistered

It is compulsory to have maths ( 2) to join the field of genetic engineering?
8th November 2010, 11:00 PM
Unregistered

i have choosen pcm in 2 so cant i have any scope in genetic engineering????
12th November 2010, 02:39 PM
helpmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i have choosen pcm in 2 so cant i have any scope in genetic engineering????

Yes, you can go for genetic engineering but it would have been better if you had PCBM as life science is also neede but need not to woory you are eligible for it
24th November 2010, 02:12 PM
Unregistered

is there any scope for non-med stu also opted biotechnoloy as optional
3rd December 2010, 12:00 AM
Unregistered

i have pcb as my subject ...am i eligible for genetic engineering?? is it compulsory take maths?
3rd December 2010, 11:52 PM
Unregistered

without giving IITJEE and AIEEE can we go into genetic engeneering?
18th December 2010, 10:50 PM
Unregistered

Is it necessary to have maths in 2 for genetic eng.?
4th January 2011, 12:20 PM
Unregistered

is it compulsary to have maths to qaulified for genetic engineering?
4th January 2011, 01:14 PM
kavita naithani

I am a student of std 11th... i would further like to take genetic engineering as my career... could you tell me what is the % required to get into it? which subjects should i opt for? how great is the scope of it?[/QUOTE]
I would like to know the graduation(4 Years) options with my subject
6th January 2011, 02:42 PM
Unregistered

i m in class 12 an i want to go in gentics field buut i m hvng pcb as my subject i m not hving math wht should do
30th January 2011, 01:29 PM
Unregistered

is it necessary to give IITJEE to get admission for genetic engineering
19th February 2011, 05:56 PM
Unregistered

can u list me best genetic engineering colleges in india i m in 12th now.
25th February 2011, 11:03 PM
Unregistered

what will be the percentage required to appear a gate exam?

reply to my mail [email protected]
14th March 2011, 11:20 PM
Unregistered

I am studying in 12th class with PCB subjects. I want to opt genetic engineering as my carrier field, please tell me, weather I am eligible for the admission in the genetic engineering or not?
29th March 2011, 06:26 PM
Unregistered

i am a 12th student with PCBM subjects .i dont like maths. can i join in genetic engineering. what are the cutoff subjects for genetic engineering
1st April 2011, 12:36 AM
Unregistered

what are the groups available for11?
11th April 2011, 05:40 PM
akkilala
Member+

hi dear
The basic eligibility criteria for a graduate degree (BE / B.Tech) is 10+2 or equivalent examination, with Biology, Chemistry and Mathematics as well as genetics as part of the biology OR a bachelors degree in science or molecular biology. Percentage is not of concern today but appearing in JEE , will make you eligible only if you have got more than 60% in 12th for gen. or 55% for sc/st.
Selection to the graduate courses ( BE / B.Tech ) is based on merit i.e the marks secured in the final exams of 10+2 and through entrance exams. Entrance to the IIT's is through JEE (Joint Entrance Exam) and for other institutions through their own separate entrance exams and other state level and national level exams. Apart from the IIT's, some other famous institutes also recognize JEE scores for selection.
Research and teaching are the only two field into which you can go in future. You can be a lecturer in any govt. college or can be a scientist in a govt. organisation.

thanks
21st April 2011, 12:52 PM
Unregistered

I have just complited the 10th.
i choose genetic engineering as my career..
plz can tell me the steps to be the genetic engineer?
and the best collages for genetic enginering after 12th...
28th April 2011, 11:31 AM
Unregistered

i needed to study B.E Genetic engineeering.can you direct me.is it nessesary to study any degree courses?
is maths a subject in b.e genetic engineering?what is future scopes in it?
1st May 2011, 02:56 PM
Unregistered

is bio necessary for genetic engg.
1st May 2011, 06:58 PM
sivaraj448
Senior Member++

need to score more than 70% in ur 12th and have subjects of biology and life scinces in ur 12th to get qualifide foe genetic enginnering.
10th May 2011, 09:38 PM
Unregistered

is ter scope for genetics
13th May 2011, 03:19 AM
Unregistered

Im not doing maths....do i have a chance to prosper in genetic engineering?
13th May 2011, 10:58 PM
Unregistered

i have taken bilogy,math and EVM...do i hav a scope in genetic engineering??
21st May 2011, 11:26 AM
Unregistered

i have completed my 12th with 90% .. i wish to continue my further studies in genetic engeneering.. can you please tell me which entrance exam should i appear for.???
22nd May 2011, 05:19 PM
Unregistered

if have any private sector of g.e.
24th May 2011, 09:24 PM
Unregistered

i completed my 12th with pcmb but i just pursue only pcb can you suggest . i further like to take biotechnology but i don"t know which subject is to take can you immediately tell me
30th May 2011, 11:39 PM
Unregistered

Is genetic engineering possible after B.sc
7th June 2011, 01:36 PM
Unregistered

I have passed my class 10th and i wish to become a genetic engineer from iit.Please help me which subjects shall i opt for in class 11th and what is the criteria and eligibility for it.
7th June 2011, 07:47 PM
Unregistered

want to know how those who belonged to modical stream can apply for this stream?
12th June 2011, 01:54 AM
Unregistered

wat is the scope in this field?
15th June 2011, 05:27 PM
Unregistered

is jee compulusary for takin admission in genetic enginnering....? Is"nt there consider marks of mh-cet?
23rd July 2011, 02:25 PM
Unregistered

i want to do genetic engineering...but i m not so good in chemistry..
so do you think dat gen.engineering might be a wrong choice for me??
16th September 2011, 11:55 AM
Unregistered

Hello!

I am a student of 11Th std..... I would like to peruse my career in to the field of genetic engineering... I wanted to know what all exams should i give after 12... And what is the the total % i need in12 to get in this field...

Thank you,
31st December 2011, 04:38 PM
Suramya Singh

]I am a student of std 11th... i would further like to take genetic engineering as my career... could you tell me what is the % required to get into it? which subjects should i opt for? how great is the scope of it?[/QUOTE]
11th January 2012, 11:26 PM
Unregistered

What minimum All India Rank should I get in IIT-JEE and AIEEE if I want to take up genetic engineering???
21st March 2012, 09:57 PM
Unregistered

I AM 12th MATHS COMPUTER SCIENCE STUDENT,I WANT GENTIC ENGINEERING .WHICH WAY GET IT
19th April 2012, 02:10 AM
Unregistered

What is mark /rank required to take biotech or genetics engg.in IIT college
29th May 2012, 07:53 PM
Unregistered

how mach percentage is required for studying at aiims?
29th May 2012, 07:55 PM
Unregistered

how mach % is required for studying MBBS?
18th June 2012, 07:29 PM
Unregistered

i hav chosen pcb as my main stream but i wnt 2 become a genetical engineer,
I want to know the procedure,how much i hav 2 score in 12th board?
Which colleges are for genetical engineering?
And i m also weak in chemistry,is chemistry is too important for genetical engineering?
Plz ans as fast as possible..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?