1st November 2011, 05:51 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: IAS Exam Details

For Note's Previous Year Papers, and More Information on IAS visit the below site.

http://ias4rum.blogspot.com/
7th November 2011, 01:50 PM
Unregistered

I AM A STUDENT OF TENTH CLASS AND I WANT TO GIVE IAS EXAM BUT I AM NOT HAVING ANY KNOWLEDGE OF IT PLEASE SEND ALL KNOWLEDGE ABOUT IT!
17th November 2011, 06:24 PM
Unregistered

Pl tele me defence quota available in IAS/IPS and their age relexation if any?
21st November 2011, 07:29 PM
Unregistered

hi i m sandeep i m graduation but in graduation my percent is low i i want to take test ias plz suggestion me
28th November 2011, 01:58 AM
Unregistered

Hello sir i want to know one thing that how can i decide my subject,which subject is most favorable for me.I am btech in computer science.
so which subject should i take as my optional subject .

thnks in advance
Rohit mIshra
6th December 2011, 12:50 PM
Unregistered

i have little knowlege about ias&ips exam plz give information
6th December 2011, 11:22 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by swati.physio View Post
I want to give ias exam, but hav very little knowlede which is negligible about ias exam preparation.
send me as much as detail abut ias examination preparation, syllabus, books-guidlines,examination dates, tips etc.. knowledge which is necessary and helpfull for me.

thank u

with regards
Swati Jain
hi,
If you want to become I.A.S officer then you have to pass the graduation in any stream you want from the recognized university.

I.A.S exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year.
Eligibility criteria:-
>pass the graduation from recognized university.
> Age limit:-
For open category:-21-30year
For OBC category :- 21-33year
For ST/SC category:-21-37 year
> Number of attempts:-
For open category:- 4
For ST/SC category:-7
> Must be citizen of India.

CIVIL SERVICES (PRELIMINARY) EXAM., 2012
Date of notification:-04.02.2012
Last date of receipt of exam:- 05.03.2012(MONDAY)
Date of exam:-20.05.2012(SUNDAY)

CIVIL SERVICES (MAIN) EXAM., 2012
Date of exam:- 05.10.2012(FRIDAY)

good luck!
9th December 2011, 09:09 PM
Unregistered

anyone can tell me when is the 2012 ias exam
9th December 2011, 09:52 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

hi dear.....
The ias exam details are as follows..........

this exam is held by UPSC for more details you can visit website of http://www.upsc.gov.in

good luck...........
10th December 2011, 03:07 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: IAS Exam Details

Quote:
I want to give ias exam, but hav very little knowlede which is negligible about ias exam preparation.
send me as much as detail abut ias examination preparation, syllabus, books-guidlines,examination dates, tips etc.. knowledge which is necessary and helpfull for me.

thank u

with regards
Swati Jain

Complete Details About IAS Exam

In order to become an IAS Officer..you need to clear the Civil Services Exam which is conducted by the UPSC every year..

In order to appear in the Civil Services Exam the candidate needs to fulfill the following conditions :-

1) You should be a graduate from a recognized University in any stream or a final year student..

2) You should be within the age limit of 21-30 years for general category,21-33 years for OBC and 21-35 years for SC/ST

The maximum number of attempts permissible for the general category is 4,for OBC its 7 and for SC/ST there is no limit..

You have to face 2 rounds for clearing the entrance exam..

1) Prelims :- Also known as CSAT..this exam shall test you on your general knowledge,current affairs and aptitude skills..

2) Mains :- The Mains shall test your graduation knowledge and will consist of 9 papers spread over 21 days..

If you clear both the rounds then you shall be facing the final interview..

The forms for the Preliminary Exam shall be released on 4th February,2012 and the last date for form submission is 5th March,2012..

The Prelims shall take place on 20th May,2012 and the Mains shall commence on 5th October,2012..

In case you have any further queries then log on to http://upsc.gov.in

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
12th December 2011, 08:05 PM
neo-rocks

your desire to become a IAS officer is really appreciable

and i will happy to provide you necessary details

and the main eligibility criterion for this exam is any one degree from an recognized indian university

and the age should be of 21 to 30 years

and all the further details whatever you want to get can be directly can be browsed in the following links

thanks
29th December 2011, 05:56 PM
Unregistered

when will forms available for the 2012 ias prelims sir which month it starts sir
31st December 2011, 08:27 PM
Unregistered

hello..
i m persuing my b.tech..
I want the information that if i had the degree with me with minimum 60% marks in my exams but any one of my exam is not clear then will i be eligible for this exam?

please send the reply to me at
[email protected]
31st December 2011, 08:38 PM
Unregistered

hello..
i m persuing b.tech..
i want the information that if i had the degree with me with a minimum of 60% marks but any one of my exam is not clear then also will i be eligible for this exam?

please send the reply to me at
[email protected]
7th January 2012, 11:34 PM
Unregistered

sir,
I am the final year bcom student if i eligible for to write ias exam. which are the subjects i have to study for the ias exam. Please tell me the what are the books i have to study for the ias exam. please give me the more details about ias exam.
8th January 2012, 05:30 PM
Unregistered

I want to exam ias but i am very poor man and my father is a poor farmer ,whome i can exam ias?
17th January 2012, 10:44 AM
Unregistered

I m an engineering student. presently studying in 2nd yr, i want to prepare for ias examinations, but i dont have sufficient knoledge about this exam
Can u guide me......how to prepare and how to choose subjects
24th January 2012, 06:08 AM
rkexam

Quote:

thank u

with regards
Swati Jain

Hello Swati,

IAS exam is exam conducted under UPSC for IAS.

Question Paper Pattern:-

It consits of two paper and each paper of Two hrs..

Paper 1-consists of (200 marks)
Current events.
History
Geography
Indian Polity and governance
Economic and social development
and General science.

Paper II (200 marks)
Comprehension
Logical reasoning and analytical ability
Decision making and problem solving
General mental ability
Basic numeracy(Class X level)
English language comprehension skills (Class X level)

For the Eligibility required is-

1. Graduate degree from a recognized university or equivalent

2 Age- For IAS The age must be between 21 to 30 years at the time of appearing of this exam.
Also there is Age Relaxation For Reservation category Candidates :-

PH candidates :- 10 years
SC/ST candidates :- 5 years
OBC candidates :- 3 years
Ex-service man :- 5 years

Yet Registration for IAS exam in not started but it will be available soon.

For the availability Of online application you can simply go to

http://upsc.gov.in/

for Full information about eligibility you can simply go to

http://upsc.gov.in/general/faq.htm#PageTop

With Regards
RK
24th January 2012, 04:11 PM
Unregistered

Hello Sir,I.A.S. I can Get recieved form where and were and last date of period of form fill up in 2012.
I Raju Thakur.My e-mail id- rtraju72gmail.com & [email protected]
mob:- 09852345963,09097937774
3rd February 2012, 09:51 AM
Unregistered

i am 31 years of age and am a ortho patient am i eligible to give ias exam
3rd February 2012, 04:22 PM
Ashwinkumar Hallikar

1. Preliminary examinations

The prelims are held around May-June.It has objective ie multiple choice questions. There are two papers (duration of each being 2 hrs).

a) General studies
b) Optional subject
The prelims are held around May-June.It has objective ie multiple choice questions. There are two papers (duration of each being 2 hrs).
a) General studies
b)Optional subject:
you can choose from Psychology, Sociology, Philosophy, Agriculture, Maths, Phy, Chem, Stats etc. Important: It is not compulsory to choose the same subjects of your graduation. The results are declared in July-August and the successful candidates are called for the main examinations. PS. The prelims score has no bearing for determining the final merit list for the services.

2. Main examination

The main written examination usually takes place in Oct-Nov, it comprises of 9 papers in all (a lot more strenuous than CAT!) Duration of each paper is 3 hrs. Language: one of the Indian languages, English, Essay GK and Current Affairs: 2 papers on general studies Optionals: papers from two subjects that fall in optional-1 and two papers from optional-2 (a choice of subjects is listed by the UPSC in the prospectus) Candidates who are successful in the main examinations are eligible for an interview which plays a crucial part in the selection.

3. The Interview

The interview calls are sent in March-April of the following year and they take place in the month of April-May. The Board of interviewers look for a well-adjusted personality with the social traits, integrity and qualities of leadership . PS. The number of candidates called for the interview is normally twice the number of vacancies.

Part A - UPSC Preliminary Examination - Optional Subjects
General Studies
Agriculture
Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
Botany
Chemistry
Civil Engineering
Commerce
Economics
Electrical Engineering
Geography
Geology
Indian History
Law

Mathematics
Mechanical Engineering
Medical Science
Philosophy
Physics
Political Science
Psychology
Public Administration
Sociology
Statistics
Zoology

Part B - UPSC Main Examination - Optional Subjects
General Studies
Agriculture
Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
Botany
Chemistry
Civil Engineering
Commerce
Economics
Electrical Engineering
Geography
Geology
Indian History
Law
Mathematics
Mechanical Engineering
Medical Science
Philosophy
Physics
Political Science
Psychology
Public Administration
Sociology
Statistics
Zoology
Anthropology
Arabic
Assamese

Bengali
Chinese
English
German
Gujarati
Hindi
Kannada
Kashmiri
Konkani
Malayalam
Manipuri
Marathi
Nepali
Oriya
Pali
Persian
Punjabi
Russian
Sanskrit
Sindhi
Tamil
Telugu
Urdu
Manageme

Here is a list of subjects for IAS/UPSC exams. Under each subject is provided reources regarding the subject that includes prelims and mains IAS syllabus as well as question papers, strategy and suggested readings for the subject. The IAS Syllabus and other services like the IPS and Income Tax is the same.
6th February 2012, 07:41 PM
Unregistered

sir i am going to write prelims exam in 2014 is negative marking is there
7th February 2012, 05:46 PM
kguru392

I want to done my i.a.s aim sucessfully...i want some details about i.a.s ...when i.a.s exam will conducted and what procedure to apply this examination and what materials will guide me...i want syllabus and work materials....thank you...
7th February 2012, 07:23 PM
jeevi12

Arrow Re: IAS Exam Details

Quote:

thank u

with regards
Swati Jain
IAS Exam Written Test Pattern

Paper-I One of the Indian Languages to be selected by the candidate from the 18 languages included in the VIIIth Schedule to the Constitution (Qualifying Paper)
300 Marks

Paper-II English (Qualifying Paper) 300 Marks
Paper-III Essay 200 Marks
Papers IV & V General Studies (300 Marks for each paper) 600 Marks

Papers VI, VII, VIII & IX Any two subjects (each having 2 papers) to be selected from the prescribed optional subjects (300 marks for each paper)
1200 Marks
Total Marks for Written Examination 2000 Marks
Interview Test 300 Marks
Grand Total 2300 Marks

List of Optional Subjects - IAS (Main)
- (Total 25)

Agriculture Management
Animal Husbandry & Vetinary Science Mathematics
Anthropology Mechanical Engineering
Botany Medical Science
Chemistry Philosophy
Civil Engineering Physics
Commerce & Accountancy Political Science & International Relations
Economics Psychology
Geography Sociology
Geology Statistics
Indian History Zoology

INDIAN CIVIL SERVICES : SCHEME OF EXAMINATION
The Civil Services Examination is conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) every year.
The examination has three stages i.e.,
(1) Civil Services Preliminary Examinations (CSP) - normally conducted during the second half of May.
(2) Civil Services (Main) Examinations conducted during the month of October/November. Here, those who are selected in the preliminary examination only are eligible to appear.
(3) Those who are selected in the main examination will be eligible to appear before the Interview Board at New Delhi.

Preliminary Examination (CSP)
CSP consists of two papers Which is common for all candidates from 2011 i.e., No optional paper is there in CSP form 2011.This is the first stage of Civil Services Examination. This is an Objective type examination consisting of Two Papers that is common to all candidates from 2011 having special emphasis on testing their “aptitude for civil services” as well as on “ethical and moral dimension of decision making”. Normally, there are about 3 lakh applications for the preliminary examination. From this, the UPSC selects 10 to 12 folds of vacancies for the main examinations. This is only for the selection and not to be taken into consideration in the main ranking.

Subjects for Preliminary Examination:
• As per the decision of Government of India, there shall be change in the syllabus and pattern of the Preliminary Examination from 2011 in the scheme of the Civil Services Examination.

• The Preliminary Examination shall now comprise of two compulsory Papers of 200 marks each and of two hours duration each. Detailed below is the new syllabus and pattern of the Preliminary Examination, which is brought to the notice of the prospective candidates intending to appear at the Civil Services Examination (CSE) in 2011 onwards:

Paper I - (200 marks) Duration: Two hours

• Current events of national and international importance

• History of India and Indian National Movement

• Indian and World Geography - Physical, Social, Economic geography

of India and the World.

• Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System,

Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.

• Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development,

Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.

• General issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate

Change - that do not require subject specialization

• General Science.

Paper II- (200 marks) Duration: Two hours

• Comprehension

• Interpersonal skills including communication skills;

• Logical reasoning and analytical ability

• Decision making and problem solving

• General mental ability

• Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude

etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data

sufficiency etc. -Class X level)

• English Language Comprehension skills (Class X level).

• Questions relating to English Language Comprehension skills of Class X level

(last item in the Syllabus of Paper-II) will be tested through passages from

English language only without providing Hindi translation thereof in the question

paper.

• The questions will be of multiple choice, objective type.

Main Examination

NOTE:The prospective candidates are advised to note that no changes are being introduced at this stage in the Civil Services (Main) Examination and Personality Test in the scheme of Civil Services Examination (CSE) for 2011 Onwards.

Only those who are declared by the Commission to have qualified in the Preliminary Examination in a year, are eligible for the Main examination of that year, provided they are otherwise eligible for the Main Examination.

Civil Services Main examination has two optional subjects (two papers each carries 300 marks), one General Studies (two papers each carries 300 marks), one essay (carries 200 marks) - total 2000 marks. Other than this, there are two language papers one in Indian language and one in General English at the level of 10th standard. This is to test the ability of the candidate's proficiency in his mother tongue / Indian language and English. Total nine papers. These two papers carry 300 marks each but it will not be considered for the ranking. It is must to clear these two papers. If a candidate fails to clear these papers, his other papers will not be evaluated.

The Main Examination is intended to assess the overall intellectual traits and the depth of understanding of the candidates, rather than merely the range of their information and memory. Sufficient choice of questions is allowed in the question papers.

Optional Subjects for the Main Examination:
Optional subjects: Agriculture, Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Commerce and Accountancy, Economics, Electrical Engineering, Geography, Geology, History, Law, Management, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Medical Science, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science and International Relations, Psychology, Public Administration, Sociology, Statistics, Zoology. Each paper is of 3 hours duration.

Literatures:
Arabic, Assamese, Bengali, Chinese, English, French, German, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Kashmiri, Konkani, Marathi, Malayalam, Manipuri, Nepali, Oriya, Pali, Persian, Punjabi, Russian, Sanskrit, Sindhi, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu.

The following combinations not allowed are:
Political Science & International Relations and Public Administration
Commerce and Management
Anthropology and Sociology
Maths and Statistics
Agriculture and Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
Management and Public Administration
Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science and Medical Science
Any two branches of engineering.
Combination of two literatures in the above list.

Interview:
At interview stage, two-fold vacancies are called to appear before the UPSC Board. Interview carries 300 marks. Interview calls are sent on the basis of minimum marks fixed by the UPSC at its discretion. The overall ranking is done based on the Mains performance (i.e., 2000 marks) and interview. Therefore, the total marks involved in the ranking are 2300. Candidates are allotted various services keeping in view their ranks in the examination and preferences given by them in their main application form.

Note:
If a person fails in either in mains or interview, he has to appear once again from the preliminary stage.

Eligibility Conditions:

(i) Nationality:

(1) For the Indian Administrative Service and the Indian Police Service, a candidate must be a citizen of India.
(2) For other services, a candidate must be either:
(a) A citizen of India, or
(b) a subject of Nepal, or
(c) a subject of Bhutan, or
(d) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India. or
(e) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Srilanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
Provided further that candidates belonging to categories (b), (c) and (d) above will not be eligible for appointment to the Indian Foreign Service.
A candidate, in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary, may be admitted to the examination but the offer of appointment may be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate has been issued to him by the Government of India.

(ii) Minimum Educational Qualifications:

The candidate must hold a degree of any of Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University Under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification.

Note I:
Candidates who have appeared at an examination the passing of which would render them educationally qualified for the Commission's examination but have not been informed of the results as also the candidates who intend to appear at such a qualifying examination will also be eligible for admission to the Preliminary Examination. All candidates who are declared qualified by the Commission for taking the Civil Services (Main) Examination will be required to produce proof of passing the requisite examination with their application for the Main Examination failing which such candidates will not be admitted to the Main Examination.

Note II:
In exceptional cases the Union Public Service Commission may treat a candidate who has not any of the foregoing qualifications as a qualified candidate provided that he has passed examination conducted by the other Institutions, the standard of which in the opinion of the Commission justifies his admission to the examination.

Note III:
Candidates possessing professional and technical qualifications, which are recognised by Government, as equivalent to professional and technical degree would also be eligible for admission to the examination.

Note IV:
Candidates who have passed the final professional M.B.B.S. or any other Medical Examination but have not completed their internship by the time of submission of their applications for the Civil Services (Main) Examination, will be provisionally admitted to the Examination provided they submit along with their application a copy of certificate from the concerned authority of the University/Institution that they had passed the requisite final professional medical examination. In such cases, the candidates will be required to produce at the time of their interview original Degree or a certificate from the concerned competent authority of the University/Institution that they had completed all requirements (including completion of internship) for the award of the Degree.

(iii) Age limit:
21 years must be completed on 1st August of the year, which a candidate is appearing. Maximum 30 for general category, 33 for OBCs and 35 for SCs/STs. Ex-servicemen will get 5 more years exemption from the prescribed age limit.

(The date of birth accepted by the Commission is that entered in the Matriculation or Secondary School Leaving Certificate or in a certificate recognised by an Indian University as equivalent to Matriculation or in an extract from a Register of Matriculates maintained by a University, which extract must be certified by the proper authority of the University or in the Higher Secondary or an equivalent examination certificate).

(iv) Number of Attempts:
Four attempts for open, seven for OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs. If a person appears in the Preliminary Examination or even one paper is counted as an attempt.

(v) Restrictions on applying for the examination:

A candidate who is appointed to the Indian Administrative Service or the Indian Foreign Service on the results of an earlier examination and continues to be a member of that service will not be eligible to compete at this examination.

How to Apply:
(a) The UPSC have developed an application form common for all their examinations, which will be processed on computerised machines. This application form alongwith an Information Brochure containing general instructions for filling up the form, an acknowledgement card and an envelope for sending the application is obtainable from the designated Head Post Offices/Post Offices throughout the country as against cash payment of Rs. 20/- (Rupees twenty only). Form should be purchased from the designated Post Offices only and not from any other agency. This form can be used only once and for only one examination. Candidates must use the form supplied with the Information Brochure only and they should in no case use photocopy / reproduction / unauthorisedly printed copy of the Form. Since this form is electronically scannable, due care should be taken to fill up the application form, correctly.
7th February 2012, 09:06 PM
Unregistered

I am doing my F.Y. bachelor of accounts & finance and i want to apply for IAS officers entry examination please tell me can i apply for it
7th February 2012, 09:45 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

IAS - INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE, to become an IAS officer one has to appear and crack the Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC every year.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having appeared for the final graduation degree exam or passed from any stream of education from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years age. The upper age is relaxed for OBC category candidate up to 3 years and that for SC/ST/PH category up to 5 years, is eligible to apply for Civil Service Exam. There is no requirement of any percentage of marks for application to Civil Service exam.

The selection is through three phases:-

CSAT- Civil Service Aptitude Test- Preliminary exam which comprises of all objective tupe questions.

Civil Service Main Exam. which comprises of all subjective type questions.

Personal Interview.

With the above qualification criteria you can attempt this exam four times according to your age if you are a general candidate which is up to 7 attempts in case of OBC candidate and no such limits for SCC/ST category candidates.

For more information you can log on to official web site of UPSC i.e. www.upsc.gov.in
7th February 2012, 10:56 PM
RATAN SINGH RATHORE
Senior Member+

HI DEAR FRIEND,

IAS exam detail:-

Eligibility Criteria :-

The minimum qualification required for appearing the competitive examination is Graduation. Many professionals like Engineers, Doctors, persons with Ph.d qualifications are competing for UPSC.

Application forms will come out in the month of January.

Paper pattern has changed in IAS 2011 exam.

Paper Pattern for IAS 2011 exam :-

Unlike present,now there are two objective type papers carrying equal marks, in which
1) General-Studies paper carries 150 marks
2) Optional paper carries 150 marks.

Instead of one compulsory paper of General Studies and one Optional paper, both the papers shall be compulsory.

For more latest update on IAS 2011 visit : http://www.iasexam2011.in/.
8th February 2012, 12:37 AM
adlsm

IAS means Indian Administrative Services and is basically meant for those aspiring candidates who have strong dedication towards the country.

India holds a UPSC examination every year and on the basis of this examination a number of IAS officers are recruitment.

Eligibility Criteria :-

The minimum qualification required for appearing the competitive examination is Graduation. Many professionals like Engineers, Doctors, persons with Ph.d qualifications are competing for UPSC.

Age limits :

The candidate must have attained 21 yrs and must not attained the age of 30
yrs as on 1st Aug,2011.

Visit the official website : www.upsc.gov.in
8th February 2012, 10:10 AM
Oracle 9
Senior Member++

Indian Administration Service exam is held once in year is conducted by UPSC.

[B]Minimum Eligibility for IAS exam[/B]

Minimum Qualification
1.Graduated from recognized university in any discipline.
2.final year student can also apply.

[B]Age should be between[/B]
21 to 30 years for General category candidates
21to 33 year for OBC category candidates
21 to 35 years for SC/ST category candidates

[B]Number of attempts: [/B]
4 attempts for General category candidates.
7 attempts for Obc category candidates
14 attempts for SC/ST category candidates.

There are 3 stages in IAS that should be cleared by the candidate.

first one is preliminary exam (it is objective type exam)
second is main exam (Question to be answer in length)
third is personal interview.

Important dates ::
Date of Notification::04.02.2012*
Last date for receipt for application:: 05.03.2012
Date of Preliminary Examination ::20.05.2012
Date of main examination ::05.10.2012

Clearing one will get you to another level exam.

For more info,
www.upsc.gov.in
8th February 2012, 12:35 PM
balathegreat
Senior Member+

IAS can be expanded as Indian Administrative Service.

This can be defined as the post called as IAS officer. On becoming an IAS officer you will be posted in any administrative positions. To become an IAS officer you must clear an exam conducted by Union Public Service Commission commonly called as UPSC. For appearing in this exam the eligibility list are as follows.

1. You must be a citizen of India.
2. Your age must be above 21years and below 30years.
3. You must be a graduate of any discipline from a recognized university.

The exam consists of three rounds.

1. Aptitude Test (CSAT)
2. Main Exam
3. Personal Interview.
8th February 2012, 05:54 PM
jacobs
Senior Member++++

Dear friend,
If you are interested in IAS
Then you will have to fulfill these criteria :

IAS Eligibility :

Academic Qualification :
The candidate must be graduate from any university.

Age Limit :
ForGeneral :21 to 30 years.[SC/ST will get 5 years age relaxation and OBC will get 3 year age relaxation]

No Of Attempts :
General : 4.
SC/ST: Unlimited.
OBC :7.

For more details you can see these attachments below :
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IAS I.pdf(11.7 KB, 45 views)
File Type: pdf IAS II.pdf(9.9 KB, 52 views)
File Type: pdf IAS III.pdf(46.4 KB, 46 views)
13th February 2012, 12:20 PM
Unregistered

i am lost my eye unfortunately may i give ias exam or not plz suggest
13th February 2012, 12:22 PM
Unregistered

i am lost my eye unfortunately may i give ias exam or not plz suggest
2nd March 2012, 01:58 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir;
I am Engg. student in final year.
Can I participate for IAS exam for this current year.
e-mail:[email protected]
5th March 2012, 11:44 PM
Unregistered

sir im a student of third year of IT branch am i applicable to give upsc exam.
6th March 2012, 09:13 PM
Unregistered

I want to appear in IAS exam.please tell me about age limit, no. of attempts,announcement of exam.in which month,syllabus pattern and other tips.
thanks.
31st March 2012, 01:27 PM
Unregistered

What type of books, needed for ias exams,and where is the main center of examination?
5th April 2012, 03:04 PM
Unregistered

Can i eligible for ias exam if i got below 60% marks in graduation?
5th April 2012, 03:14 PM
Unregistered

can i choose subjects which are different than the subjects which i have studied in gradutation?
7th April 2012, 01:50 PM
Unregistered

i want to give this I.A.S examination but confused for the graduation point... graduation from any field can be chosen like arts and commerce ???
7th April 2012, 01:55 PM
Unregistered

After becoming an I.A.S officer and after passing the age of 30 , do we have to resign from the post...???
7th April 2012, 01:59 PM
Unregistered

the limit for I.A.S examinations are 21 to 30... does this mean that we have to resign from the post after passing the age of 30???
7th April 2012, 02:39 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear.........

The details information of IAS exam & eligibility criteria are as follows........

IAS exam pattern & Optional subjects .....

Good luck...........
7th April 2012, 04:56 PM
sky bhalodi

Quote:

thank u

with regards
Swati Jain
IAS stands for INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES . It is conducted by UPSC once in a year for posting in group 1 & group 2 post in whole country.
The requirements for the candidates applying for the exam are below
1- one should passed their graduation or one should in the last year of graduation can apply for the exam .
2- one should age should be between 21-30 for general catagory , 21-33 for OBC catagory , 21-35 for SC/ST Catagory
3- Number of attempts allowed is 4for General , 7 for OBC , there are no limit for SC/ST .
EXAM PATTERN:
. First is written exam includes Gk and Logical reasoning and aptitude . one should get minimum marks to go into next exam
. Second is Main exam which includes five paper of 200 marks each . The paper are One constitutional language , General Study , Essay , optional subject-1 ,optional subject -2 .
. Third is the interview .
. . Selection based on the marks obtained from Main exam plus interview.
. The syllabus for above is upto graduation level .
For more info go to www.onestopias.com and www.upscforum.com
8th April 2012, 08:16 PM
123dolly
Senior Member+++

hi friend,

your desire to become a IAS officer is really appreciable

and i will happy to provide you necessary details

and the main eligibility criterion for this exam is any one degree from an recognized indian university

and the age should be of 21 to 30 years

and all the further details whatever you want to get can be directly can be browsed in the following links

all the best
8th April 2012, 10:47 PM
123dolly
Senior Member+++

Smile Re: IAS Exam Details

dear friend,

basic qualification for IAS is graduation.Application forms will come out in the month of January.

paper pattern for IAS 2011 has been change but it is not publically notified.
details you can get:

www.upsc.gov.in

good luck.
13th April 2012, 07:42 PM
Unregistered

wich books ican refar for ias exam?
15th April 2012, 10:12 AM
Unregistered

Please give the names of websites gives free downloading of the civil services material Narender Singh
24th April 2012, 08:49 PM
Unregistered

You can get all the information about the IAS Exam, along with many free resources about the IAS exam on the site:

http://www.iasexamonline.com
24th April 2012, 08:57 PM
sanjeevjee

You can get all the information about IAS exam on the following site:

iasexamonline.com

You can also get a large number of resources about the IAS Exam on this site like E-Library (a free library of all the newspaper articles that are relevant for your exam), Current affairs, Blogs, Question paper analysis, Syllabus analysis, Syllabus, previous years questions, online test for prelims, Postal course material etc.etc.)

All the best
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?