31st January 2010, 12:57 AM
sonia bhatia

WASE program in Wipro with MS from BITS Pilani? is it good?

hello.my name is sonia.i want to know that whether i should opt for a job in wipro it company where i have been hired as a fresher from all over the india.they will be giving us a degree in M.S from bits pilani,rajasthan.this course will of 4 years in which we will be given some stippend for working in their company for 5 days and 2 days will be for correspondence course in M.S.the stippend will increase in 4 years.please guide me that whether i should go for it or no.

31st January 2010, 03:16 AM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Default Re: WASE program in Wipro with MS from BITS Pilani? is it good?

Yes off course dear,you have such a great oppurtunity there is nothing to stop and think,just go for it.

Best of luck.
31st January 2010, 06:06 AM
ROHIT KUNDLIYA
Senior Member++

Course Details
No. of semesters 8
Duration of each semester 4-5 months
First seven semesters Course work
Eighth semester Dissertation

Semester Details
Every semester comprises of:
Four courses
Sixteen weeks of contact classes
Four sessions are conducted every week on Saturday/Sunday
Every session runs for two hours
Activity distribution
For the first seven semesters

Monday to Friday Work on projects in assigned business units at Wipro
Saturday/Sunday Attend BITS classes

Eighth Semester
31st January 2010, 06:59 PM
Bella
Senior Member++++

YES you should ofcourse go for it.its such a good opportunity for you to work in such a big firm with salary as well as experience and studies too.pleas go for it it wont harm your career it will add a star to it
31st January 2010, 11:06 PM
sumitkumarinmit

this course is profitable if you are getting a chance do this as this will increase your talent and experience too
for this field you will get ample opportunity and bright future
1st February 2010, 05:30 PM
rrmohantysmile
Senior Member+

yes it is really great dont think a lot abt joining it or not just think how much are you intrested if the answer is yes then do it and sucess will be yours ... best of luck
bye.....
21st March 2010, 07:49 AM
Unregistered

Hi, Sonia

Le me explain you that iam also from WASE, i had also been selected from my college and provided such kind of offer. initially i was overwhelmed by this offer , but after getting into role, i concluded that this is a way of making the freshers absolutely foolish by the companies. the company get the more work done from us more even after the scheduled time and pays very less ( 7500 rs) in firsy year. also we don't get much time to study well, our marks are on boundary. no use of having such a degree of getting 40 or 50 % in the entire four yrs. also we all wasians r not able to constrate on study because of the hetic over load and pressure of job. also we have been promised that our role would be changed after 18 minutes , still we have completed 2 and half years , still we r working on the same designation that is hard ware related activities .

some wasians has quit from this program now. one thing also you can't have any back in any sub. in entire four yrs, if any one gets that wipro will keep you out . no experience certificate will ne given to you. can u tell me how one can manage so with full time job?

At last time is my personal advice to you that don't think to accept this . otherwise you will have to be remorsed a lot. rather u must do regular MBA or MCA from any reputed university and then go for a job. incase you want to have some more info regarding this , you can contact me on my cell no that is 8802149656

Thanks

your friend.
22nd March 2010, 08:03 PM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

this course is profitable if you are getting a chance do this as this will increase your talent and experience too
for this field you will get ample opportunity and bright future
o k
good luck
25th March 2010, 03:56 PM
Unregistered

Thumbs down Re: WASE program in Wipro with MS from BITS Pilani? is it good?

Its not good. nothing more to write. Go for MCA from a reputed university, that will be much better option for you.
27th March 2010, 11:11 PM
nalanda
Senior Member++

dear friend,
really you are getting a golden oppurtunity,
so do not miss it,
and just join it
ok
all the best
30th March 2010, 08:23 PM
Unregistered

Hai to all..I am also a waseian now doing my first semester..My name is Sharan.Ya as my frnds said that its a tough task.But still u are in a great company having a gud brand value...My personnel opinion about wase is its good.Suppose if u r going to MCA,u r getting gud marks,but whats the use of this marks yaar...any way after this u hav been into it industry like no one wil look into your marks.If u hav the willingness and a challenging mind,this is the best option.People u r lucky...U wil get an ms degree along with the experience in wipro..Struggle for 4 years+1..total 5 years..then ur future wil be safe and u r the best in the market....Be beleive in yourself...If any1 had doubts...please feel to contact me
31st March 2010, 04:37 PM
subhasish
Senior Member++

Yes, friend
As everyone knows BITS pilani is one of the most reputed institutes of our country,
Surely its very good program in wipro with MS.
Just go for it.
All the best!
12th April 2010, 10:55 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hai to all..I am also a waseian now doing my first semester..My name is Sharan.Ya as my frnds said that its a tough task.But still u are in a great company having a gud brand value...My personnel opinion about wase is its good.Suppose if u r going to MCA,u r getting gud marks,but whats the use of this marks yaar...any way after this u hav been into it industry like no one wil look into your marks.If u hav the willingness and a challenging mind,this is the best option.People u r lucky...U wil get an ms degree along with the experience in wipro..Struggle for 4 years+1..total 5 years..then ur future wil be safe and u r the best in the market....Be beleive in yourself...If any1 had doubts...please feel to contact me
Respected Sir,
I have been selected for this wase program, please let me know your email id so that I can contact you and clear all my doubts.
1st May 2010, 09:50 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir i have been selected for wase program what will be the salary??
1st May 2010, 10:26 PM
Unregistered

and if v r relocatted to other place than Bangalore for how many days should v be their in that place??
2nd May 2010, 09:35 PM
PANKI

What kind of experience certificate will be given and please tell me that how many marks one need along with experience to be a good professional.
4th May 2010, 06:26 PM
Unregistered

Hey can u jus get me id ..so tat i can clear my doubts b'coz even i 'm
selected in WASE program.
6th May 2010, 07:09 PM
Unregistered

i had given wase interview on 24th april 2010..may i know my result...when they will announce the result?
7th May 2010, 06:32 PM
Mancho

Smile Re: WASE program in Wipro with MS from BITS Pilani? is it good?

Hi frnds,

For all of those who r havin doubts regarding this wase.
I am also an waseian joined wipro last year and currently in my 1st year.and according to me this is the best thing that can happen to a BSC graduate as u all know geetin jobs nowadays is not so easy and if u get a chance to work with a well reputed company such as WIPRO and get a MS degree from bits pilani fully sponcored by wipro then wat else u want and ya one more thing wipro has increased the stipend this year for wasians and now its preety good.

so any of u if have any doubt regarding this feel free to contact me i will be happy to help u.

my email id : [email protected]

best of luck for those u got this chance i would suggest them not to miss a chance like this.
8th May 2010, 09:36 AM
Unregistered

Unhappy Re: WASE program in Wipro with MS from BITS Pilani? is it good?

hey,
just wanna know wat happens if we get a backlog in any subject.. i've also been selected for the wase program and i too am having serious doubts about taking it. do we relocate during training? and wat sort of subjects do we learn?? is it worth the four years of our life??
9th May 2010, 12:05 AM
Unregistered

Time for some reality check!!!! I am surprised to see so many 'Yes' in favour of WASE program. I joined Wipro some 3 years back as a project egineer from campus. Though I was not in this WASE program, I had many colleagues in my account from WASE. BELIEVE ME folks, they were made to work more than regular employees, paid a paltry salary of 7500/- and then forced to attend classes on weekends. As one post above points out.....if you get a back in even one subject then no degree given to you. The WHOLE PURPOSE of WASE program is to cheat gullible young people and make them work as regular employees at just half the salary. Please AVOID this damned company at all costs and go for better avenues.

In my opinion WASE is WASTE.

God Bless.
10th May 2010, 06:42 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
hey,
just wanna know wat happens if we get a backlog in any subject.. i've also been selected for the wase program and i too am having serious doubts about taking it. do we relocate during training? and wat sort of subjects do we learn?? is it worth the four years of our life??

ya abt backlog its like u cant have two backlogs at a given point of time and believe me its not easy to get a backlog as from this year onwards the mid sem exams(closed book ) exams are online and objective type which is pretty easier to score so dont worry abt that the passing % in wipro till now is more then 97% i guess and rest also have left for some reasons otherwise their are very few cases are their where people have got 2 backlogs at a time.
11th May 2010, 02:00 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: WASE program in Wipro with MS from BITS Pilani?

I heard that the midterm exams hav become online objective type questions...............is it correct or not??????????
12th May 2010, 10:06 AM
Unregistered

HI,
I am currently doing Diploma in computer engg and i am in my last semester. Ihave been shortlisted for the MS program from BITS,Pilani through WIPRO. Can anyone guide me what this course is all about and I should join it or not. Actually after diploma u get admission to directly in 2nd year in regular B.tech.So i am bit confused that i should go for the MS program in which i am getting experience studies or for regular B.tech.please guide me and if anyone can mail he/she can send it to [email protected].

Thanks and regards
Anchit Kharbanda
12th May 2010, 10:17 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
HI
iam currently in my last semester of diploma in computer engg. I have been selected by Wipro for doing the MS program from BITS,Pilani.Actually after diploma u get admission in direct 2nd year in regular B.tech.I am bit confused that i should go for Ms program getting experience+studies or for regular B>tech but there are less chances as i have to give an enterance test and crack it, but i am selected by wipro so it is secure.please can u guide me.
If possible send me a mail at [email protected].

Thanks and regards
Anchit Kharbanda
12th May 2010, 04:10 PM
Unregistered

hi ppl i too hav got selected in wase.......... my question is..is ms frm wase aicte certified????wer would be the placin of freshers durin the trainin period...n later too
13th May 2010, 01:23 PM
Unregistered

Is it too hard , this program wipro wase?
13th May 2010, 01:27 PM
Unregistered

How about studies and this degree msbits plani?is it too hard ?
what about after 4 years? what type of job will we get?
14th May 2010, 12:29 AM
Unregistered

hello! everyone i got selected in wipro WASE on march 31st it was a campus placement i ddnt gt a offer letter yet..i am bit worried .. wht shld i do,anyone can suggest??
do post your suggestion on:--
[email protected]
14th May 2010, 07:24 AM
sadhan
Senior Member+

dear frnd,
as per me you should go for it as it will make your CV looking good and will get some good experiance
"degree never goes in vain"
best off luck
14th May 2010, 12:25 PM
Unregistered

Thumbs down Re: WASE program in Wipro with MS from BITS Pilani? is it good?

Quote:
hello! everyone i got selected in wipro WASE on march 31st it was a campus placement i ddnt gt a offer letter yet..i am bit worried .. wht shld i do,anyone can suggest??
do post your suggestion on:--
[email protected]
Better go for any Higher Studies...Even after getting this MS Degree, u cant pursue any higher studies keeping this MS as a Base....BITS being a deemed one, it is not recognised in many universities on overseas....

THINK TWICE !!!
14th May 2010, 06:17 PM
Unregistered

hello sir! i have some query regarding WASE can i get ur e-mail Id
16th May 2010, 01:06 AM
Unregistered

hello! everyone i got selected in wipro WASE on april 30th it was a campus placement i ddnt gt a offer letter yet..i am bit worried .. wht shld i do,anyone can suggest??
17th May 2010, 11:20 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
hello sir! i have some query regarding WASE can i get ur e-mail Id

If u have any queries feel free to ask me

I am also a waseian currently in my 1st year.

And Bits Pilani is one of the recognized universities all over the world and degree from Bits is really valuable.
17th May 2010, 05:05 PM
kaushu
Senior Member++++

You have got a golden oppurtunity, dont waste it in anyway

According to some of the reputed educational websites, BITS is among the best in the country

so go for it
17th May 2010, 06:06 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
If u have any queries feel free to ask me

I am also a waseian currently in my 1st year.

And Bits Pilani is one of the recognized universities all over the world and degree from Bits is really valuable.
oh forgot to mention my ID its [email protected]
17th May 2010, 08:26 PM
atanu
Senior Member++

dear friend,
congrats...that you have get a very golden opportunity from wipro....
really it is very good for you...
so i advice you to accept it...
ok
all the best
18th May 2010, 01:09 AM
Unregistered

hello everyone. I want to know about the difficulty level of xams of ms in wipro wase. can anyone tell me????
18th May 2010, 01:48 PM
Unregistered

helllo can anyone help me me got selected in wipro wase programe....now wana knw how is t training period of t programe...is is it diffucult to pass t traning period????
18th May 2010, 05:09 PM
Unregistered

what r the jobs v wil get aftr selectd to wase?
20th May 2010, 08:20 AM
sg3125
Banned

Lucrative and very sounding.
Market is at these courses.
Best of luck
27th May 2010, 08:46 AM
Unregistered

hiiiii,

I m also pursuing diploma n has been selected for WASE Wipro & in TCS as well. Now i m quiet confused where to join ? Please help me out to decide which one is better.??

Regards
SAM
31st May 2010, 04:51 PM
Unregistered

Hi
5th June 2010, 02:57 PM
Unregistered

Respected Sir,
I have been selected for this wase program, some of them r saying that it is tough to work in wase program..?...is it true..?..pl help me..can i join ..?
7th June 2010, 07:40 PM
Unregistered

I read everythng abt WASE here,again i am geting mixed answers...realy not understanding what to do...
11th June 2010, 02:25 PM
Unregistered

hi friends. I am too selected in wipro SIm program in april 2010 and i have also not got any mail or letter from company.I want to know more about MS program from BITS pilani.Is it really hard to do or not and what will be the location of work
14th June 2010, 09:17 PM
Unregistered

m selected in wipro wase..nd laso got 597 rank in nmcet 2010 for mca..most probably i would get either nit raipur or nit agartala...can any one plz suggest wat should i do?whether to go for mca or wipro wase.
as i belong to a very low class family...i would do my mca through loan..i hv done my b.sc in comp.sc(h) from delhi university wid 70% marks...m really confused plz help me..
15th June 2010, 01:05 PM
Unregistered

Hi !!
I got selected for WIPRO WASE .Is it good to go for four years bonding?Is there any problem to me?Actually i interested in Software Engineering.Is BITS Certificate really valuable ?Please suggest me....
My email: [email protected]
15th June 2010, 03:09 PM
Unregistered

Wink Re: WASE program in Wipro with MS from BITS Pilani? is it good?

Quote:
m selected in wipro wase..nd laso got 597 rank in nmcet 2010 for mca..most probably i would get either nit raipur or nit agartala...can any one plz suggest wat should i do?whether to go for mca or wipro wase.
as i belong to a very low class family...i would do my mca through loan..i hv done my b.sc in comp.sc(h) from delhi university wid 70% marks...m really confused plz help me..
HI Guys,

I am a WASEian and I am in the 5th Semester. Just goin through the post, I understood many are confused to opt for WASE. It is not that tough as you all think. More over no other IT company offers such a offer. Mostly in IT companies B.Sc graduates are opted only for Testing or for Support work. But Wipro offers you a good future. You are treated as a Employee. and also from the last year the scolarship has been increased from this year ranging from 10,000 to 24,000. 16 sessions per sem, has been cut short to 10 sessions taking into account the pressure we undergo. I have a CGPA of 8.0(80%). So it is not hard to cope up with your studies. There are wide open scope for such programs over the IT industry. The benifit is, you will have a live experience every day on what you were thought in week ends. No WASEina has recorded a below of 55% of marks till now. So its not that tough as you think. The only thing is You should be ready to learn new things. That will help you to balance your studies with your career.

Cheers,
Karthik.
15th June 2010, 03:22 PM
Unregistered

Those who selected and waiting for the offer letter. you will get it before JULY. the training will start probable by August.

Cheers,
Karthik.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?