12th October 2010, 01:55 AM
ForumModerator
Forum Staff

[MUST READ]::How to Create Good Answers and Get More Points::

In this post I will try to give you some tips on how to post great and awesome answers which will help you to achieve highest number of points here in this forum which inturn will help you to win the scholarship!

Everyone here aims to win the prestigious scholarships right? 100% yes. In this competitive environment many times its seen that answerers post useless answers which have almost "0" value in them. This is the reason your points get deducted.

Its not a difficult task to post great answers. The idea behind posting an answer should be that the question asker must be satisfied completely without any doubt left in him/her.

The trick lies in posting good answers.

How to Post Good Answers?

Quote:
Consider this question.

May i know which book should i refer for preparation for IIT JEE and from where to buy it?

Stupid Answer - You can refer to the books like NCERT and other IIT JEE level books. You can buy the books from a local bookstore

Intelligent Answer - For IIT JEE these are the few books which should be referred

Physics - NCERT and then Arihant
Chemistry - NCERT (A Must) and then Arihant
Maths - Ml Khanna or RD Sharma and then Arihant

After referring the above books you should also refer to the question papers which will help you to get an idea about the exam pattern. Also stick to the syllabus.

The books are easily available in a local bookstore. If not then you can buy it from the website of Arihant,NCERT.
Ok now see the difference between the 2 answers. Which answer satisfies you more? Ofcourse the Intelligent Answer..right?

So whats the trick done here?

Well nothing great. I just tried to post whatever I knew on this subject and also gave some extra info so that the query asker is 101% satisfied

Focus on Quality Rather than Quantity

Quality is everything in this forum. You will get more no of points for 5 high quality answers than 10 bad quality answers.

How to Gain Points

Nothing more to say here but I would just like to mention that Better the quality of your answer higher you points. Its a simple funda

Quality of your answer is Directly Proportional to the points you score

So wrapping up this article with one quote...

Say it to yourself while you are answering the queries on this forum

~I dont care who else is competing in this forum. I just know that i am going to provide so much value in my answer that its unbeatable!

Last edited by ForumModerator; 13th October 2010 at 12:12 AM.
12th October 2010, 11:04 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to Create Good Answers and Get More Points

thanks for the trick. really it is help full. but point is not increased if i gave a good answer. but i have seen so many user which post stupid answer everywhere in much quantity and the stay at top throughout the session. at last some point is deducted at the time of result and after that also they have a very good points and they are in top fine. but maximum answer is stupid. i think point distribution process should be changed. the point will given different for each different answer. point should not depend on the senior member or junior member. it will depend on the quality of the each post. a very good reply reply may get 20 points and a stupid reply may get 0 point. please think about this i think it will help the forum to increase the quality of the answer.

thank you once again.
12th October 2010, 02:37 PM
docshakti

hiiii,
it's not that you have to create good answers it's only that you have to tell everything in your answer which you know so that the person who has asked the question is satisfied completely.pls don't try to give silly answers it will not help you to increase your points.give explanatory answers which helps to solve all the doubts and help others to think more clearly for their education and career.this will help you in increasing your points.
all the best
12th October 2010, 10:12 PM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMESS View Post
thanks for the trick. really it is help full. but point is not increased if i gave a good answer. but i have seen so many user which post stupid answer everywhere in much quantity and the stay at top throughout the session. at last some point is deducted at the time of result and after that also they have a very good points and they are in top fine. but maximum answer is stupid. i think point distribution process should be changed. the point will given different for each different answer. point should not depend on the senior member or junior member. it will depend on the quality of the each post. a very good reply reply may get 20 points and a stupid reply may get 0 point. please think about this i think it will help the forum to increase the quality of the answer.

thank you once again.
James buddy dont worry about points system here. As perfectly fair and the points are readjusted at the end of the session depending on the answer quality

So as mentioned by moderator stop worrying about the points and focus more on quality. As for now we are working on making the point system accurate
13th October 2010, 12:00 AM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Default Re: [MUST READ]::How to Create Good Answers and Get More Points::

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForumModerator View Post
In this post i will try to give you some tips on how to post great and awesome answers which will help you to achieve highest no of points here in this forum which inturn will help you to with the scholarship!

Everyone here aims to win the prestigious scholarships right? 100% yes. In this competitive environment many times its seen that answerers post useless answers which have almost "0" value in them. This is the reason your points get deducted.

Its not a difficult task to post great answers. The idea behind posting an answer should be that the question asker must be satisfied completely without any doubt left in him/her.

Ok now see the difference between the 2 answers. Which answer satisfies you more? Ofcourse the Intelligent Answer..right?

Well nothing great. I just tried to post whatever i knew on this subject and also gave some extra info so that the query asker is 101% satisfied

Quality is everything in this forum. You will get more no of points for 5 high quality answers than 10 bad quality answers.

How to Gain Points

Nothing more to say here but I would just like to mention that Better the quality of your answer higher you points. Its a simple funda

~I dont care who else is competing in this forum. I just know that i am going to provide so much value in my answer that its unbeatable!
thanks sir, it will help us a lot in giving answers
13th October 2010, 11:34 AM
helpmaster

i think path showing suggestion will help many of us who unknowingly answer wrong answers.I also have seen that many a time the answers are just a useless.
thanks for valuable suggestion.
13th October 2010, 08:01 PM
aotiwari

Can you tell some more tricks for posting good answers.
This is not sufficient and also how many maximum points is awarded if the answer is best.
13th October 2010, 10:56 PM
kool
Senior Member++

hello sir,
this is the right way & also effective suggestion for the new forum members about the posting of good answer quality answers.
Thanks.
13th October 2010, 11:53 PM
Saikiran M

Talking Re: [MUST READ]::How to Create Good Answers and Get More Points::

@ADMIN::
Thank you. Finally.. my prayers got a good result.....

@ForumModerator::
You are doing really a fine job.. keep rocking on!

@Members / Friends...
Please read this post also its very beneficial

Regards,
14th October 2010, 12:55 AM
ForumModerator
Forum Staff

@aotiwari

Well these are the only tips I can provide. The main tip is to focus on quality and forget about points while answering the queries.

Cant comment on the highest no of points given
14th October 2010, 12:53 PM
nillu
Senior Member+

this is the good thing which is made available.
I request one thing that please don't accept wrong answers and negative marking should be done for it without any leniancy.
I used to post good lenghty answers but what I saw that many useless and worthless answers having no any relation to the querry were also there so it started in my mind that why not to post only short answrs and why to spend so much of time, if I could score by posyting maximum answers.
So it should not happen in future I wish and no any worthless answers be displayed and scoring should be made accordingly.
14th October 2010, 03:54 PM
poplu13
Senior Member+

hey !! thanks for these tricks.... though i utilise these often....i have one doubt,...if any one is idle during 2-3 sessions....will his/her point decrease ??
14th October 2010, 08:52 PM
Sanjiv sharma

Dear sir
Creating good answers depends upon ones intelligence,strong mentality,way of thinking and answering the question and mormd importantly a better vocabullary.Sir you have given nice tips for answering and creating good answers and it will became a boon for the junior members who didn't know how to deliever a good and informative answer.These tips suggested by you also be helpful for us for our future competetions. I appreciate you all for this
Thanks with regards

To get good marks and to make your answer attractive and full of quality ,one should answer the question only after having the full knowledge of that field . Respect should be given to every question seeker by simple words like dear friend, dear sir or by writing his name . Concluding lines should include best of luck, god bless you, have a nice day etc.
16th October 2010, 01:44 AM

At first read the question carefully what that person is asking you then clear all his doubts in simple languageand try to clear all his/her doubts. dont create confusion of words.
16th October 2010, 10:36 AM
poplu13
Senior Member+

Thanks for wrapping it up in a nutshell...This will give a very clear path to the new comers and as well as this will tell the members...how exactly an answer to be post....for those who claim for more points...This thread I would say has opened the new dimension for the new members as well as the old ones....

Thanks a lot !!
16th October 2010, 12:49 PM
Bebith

Thumbs up How to Create Good Answers and Get More Points::

create the answers relevant to the questions..and also most suitable for other readers and creators with the simple and direct concept....
16th October 2010, 01:25 PM
soulstirrer

thanks for the trick. I believe that the person should answer only to those questions about which he has complete knowledge.a good answer depends on your understanding level and maturity of mind.One should remain calm and then answer
16th October 2010, 01:56 PM
nmurthyts

Quote:
Originally Posted by docshakti View Post
hiiii,
it's not that you have to create good answers it's only that you have to tell everything in your answer which you know so that the person who has asked the question is satisfied completely.pls don't try to give silly answers it will not help you to increase your points.give explanatory answers which helps to solve all the doubts and help others to think more clearly for their education and career.this will help you in increasing your points.
all the best
your answer must be satisfied to the person who ask question and unnecessary answers shold not be given by this it will help the person to clarify a lot who ask you a question

an answer means the matter which clarifys all the doubts of questioner in the sense the matter must contain all the possible data in that so that the questioner wiil solve his doubt .
creatin good answer deponds on the experience of one if he/she had known about the mateer so he/she can reveal the matter in better way and moreover have less concentration towards points and have more towards answer so you can gain more points
16th October 2010, 08:13 PM
kkgarg69

Smile Re: How to Create Good Answers and Get More Points

we can made an answer good or exact..by listening and learning well about that particular topic..and of by having good answer and exact answer we can get full marks as well as good..so we have to concentrate on learning facts.
17th October 2010, 06:28 PM
Unregistered

for having good answer you must first have good knowledge,possesing good knowledge means learning more,once you possesed good knowledge means you are able to create good answers
17th October 2010, 08:28 PM
sundardatta

For this competetive exam prepreation first u will give priority to create self nptes by refere diffrent handbook it helps to easily understand
17th October 2010, 10:59 PM
akanksha aditi

In this competitive era , every body can give good answer but in order to make the answer conspicuous , u have to be in class not in mass and for that u should be crystal clear about the topic being asked , then only u can make the person satisfy and along with that the answers must be precise and to the point ...
18th October 2010, 07:33 AM
helpmaster

Creative a good answer is also an art many time you have the whole knowledge but you cannot present it in the best way . learn it
19th October 2010, 12:14 AM
shreyasriv

Answering to the questions in this way that fully satisfy it where there explanation given to the question contains the meaning of it.
20th October 2010, 03:20 AM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

Hi friends!
its really a very simple funda in a very simple RHYME-

"To earn more points,
go for quality,quality.
To get name & fame,
go for quality,quality.
To increase knowledge,
go for quality,quality.
To decrease points,
go for quantity,quantity."
THINK WISELY,POST NICELY !
20th October 2010, 09:39 PM
bikenindia

Thank you for the advice, I should say. I totally believe in quality rather than quantity. Example, " It is better to sharpen your axe for 2 hours and cut the tree in 1 hour (total- 3 hours) than cutting the same tree with the blunt axe which takes 8 hours". Here what i wanna say is that, better to use our brain rather than physically.
This site gives so many information and made us aware about our carrier. I am really happy to be part of it.
21st October 2010, 07:34 PM
kvrob139
Senior Member++

Hi,
In the forum there are lots of similar questions like those of merchant navy. So we can put the same answer for them to reduce the effort for both sides.
22nd October 2010, 12:19 PM
poplu13
Senior Member+

One way to create very good and clear answer is always writing pointwise...or else attaching brochures ,prospectus etc in the post...
23rd October 2010, 12:21 AM
babydoll

Hi!
good job Mr.Admin, support, and all the forum staff. this is really helpful for all the members who posting answers.
Specially for me this is beneficial because i m trying to provide good answers but sometime i fails so this can be really going to help me.
Thank you thanks a lot.......
23rd October 2010, 03:37 PM
poplu13
Senior Member+

Suppose if we start a new thread...and its a very good topic of discussion..does it add any point to the total point system ??
24th October 2010, 03:49 AM
nikhilmi
Senior Member++++

It is really helpful,when for someone it might have been a little confusion regarding the quality of the answers that he or she is posting but with this Trick which is so simple and effective if applied will really help them all.
Take care of the Quality and the Points will take care of themselves.
25th October 2010, 01:08 AM
Support
Forum Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvrob139 View Post
Hi,
In the forum there are lots of similar questions like those of merchant navy. So we can put the same answer for them to reduce the effort for both sides.
No..........!You are not suppose to even copy paste your answer.

If you find any query which requires same answer as you have al ready answered to, simply avoid it or if you want to answer it, dont copy paste. Post a fresh answer.

If someone is not doing so, then it will be considered as a copied content and possible action will be taken.

[SIZE=1]---------- Post added at 11:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 PM ----------[/SIZE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by poplu13 View Post
Suppose if we start a new thread...and its a very good topic of discussion..does it add any point to the total point system ??
Everyone is free to discuss any problem and he/she is free to creat a thread for any career and education related query, weather a 'unregistered guest' or a TAFP member no issue.

No point are given to ask any question, points are for answering only.

But yes if anyone is starting any thread that he/she will be able to post multiple posts there and in order to increase there points, then it is cheating. Such member will be penalised.
26th October 2010, 10:40 PM
rahul katare

Quote:
In this post I will try to give you some tips on how to post great and awesome answers which will help you to achieve highest number of points here in this forum which inturn will help you to win the scholarship!

Well nothing great. I just tried to post whatever I knew on this subject and also gave some extra info so that the query asker is 101% satisfied

How to Gain Points

thak you for kind good help
now i will definately create good points and able to satisfy 100% thank you
29th October 2010, 11:38 PM
siddharthkathuria

i have a question...
do we get better points for a better answer????????????????????
how do you judge these answers?
31st October 2010, 02:02 AM
sanjusabu

I think this is really a great post for the new comers in the forum. Thank you for provide such fantastic way of writing answer.
31st October 2010, 05:39 AM
babydoll

Hi!
Is giving links to the various sites instead of information is against the guideline??
How many links can be inserted in a single post???
Reply plzzz
1st November 2010, 07:31 PM
paresh purohit

answer the quentions in such a language with deep description so that the asker as well as any one can understand easily without any doubt by taking minimum time.
2nd November 2010, 08:23 PM

Post Re: [MUST READ]::How to Create Good Answers and Get More Points::

Quote:

How to Gain Points

In my thoughts a question answer must be direct what they want to know not anything else....................

Hope I am Right

Ankur Jain
3rd November 2010, 10:09 AM
tirthak04

hey i just went through the load of replies you have got and mostly they were about whether better replies fetch better marks or can you get away with fooling people.... logically i'l have to go with the latter but to all those people i would like to point out your example sir, you have posted something that is truely helpful. i mean is it not infinitely better to help someone than get a few more points ? thank you for your tips once again !
4th November 2010, 12:09 AM
ForumModerator
Forum Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddharthkathuria View Post
i have a question...
do we get better points for a better answer????????????????????
how do you judge these answers?
Yup thats the funda. You get better better points for better answers.
We judge answers on the basis of quality. If your answers are better than others then definately you will earn more points.

So keep answers in high quality answers

Quote:
Originally Posted by babydoll View Post
Hi!
Is giving links to the various sites instead of information is against the guideline??
How many links can be inserted in a single post???
Reply plzzz
Its not against the guidelines exactly but definately you wont get the required points if you write that answer in the link in your own words

As in this forum hardwork is more appreciated than shortcuts
4th November 2010, 08:16 PM
Poornashree. M

provide the information that the asker actually want
5th November 2010, 09:42 AM
ashwani avasthi

Smile Re: How to Create Good Answers and Get More Points

None answer is stupid answer.I think to create a good answer ,we should go through the query in deeply and then after give the answer.Avoid the wrong answer.To get more points ,we should read the query and give the answer without any grammatical and spelling mistake.No one is senior and junior all are similar.Always remain happy and give the good top answer and get more points. Thank you.
5th November 2010, 08:09 PM
sharla rahman

Hello,
well i think good answers can be create only if the full knowledge will be given about the topic and the stress should be put on quality instead of quantity.
Quality of knowledge is the main key for creating good answers.
6th November 2010, 06:31 PM
chandana Reddy

hi..
you can create good answers only if you things in detail about the discussion...
its just not about gaining points,its all about sharing knowledge and information with the others and informing others about the opportunities and career options available for them...impose quality on the answers rather than the quantity..
9th November 2010, 03:22 PM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

some people are getting even number of marks but mine is all odds ??i didn't understand for which answer i am getting more marks and for which less??how to identify that???????
9th November 2010, 11:37 PM
ForumModerator
Forum Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by priyanka_swengg View Post
some people are getting even number of marks but mine is all odds ??i didn't understand for which answer i am getting more marks and for which less??how to identify that???????
You should not worry much about it. Just focus on answering good replies. rest leave it to us

All the best
10th November 2010, 11:56 AM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

Hello Mr. Moderator!
THis is a conversation between Me & sushant last night.But HE advises me to get my query with you.So to follow this,I need your advice-
Praveen's Msg to sushant-

gud night in advance!
but before going to bed one more ques.May I...........????????????
Sushant to get a chance into TAFP you must prove yourself at least in one session.O.K tell me How can you define this words "PROVE YOURSELF".Prove of what..........??????
1. physical work
2. mental state of mind
3. emotional feelings(as i know they are not counted in this professional Forum)
4. answering capacity
5. No: of friends
or any other?
Sushant's Reply-
Hi,
I dont think so that making number of friends would come under 'PROVE' category. Rest of the things like mantal state, physical work and answering capacity are the tools that are used in the way to get required (and essential) work performance. Proving oneself is another term of getting excellence. For this I have very less words in my dictionary so probably I wouldnt explain it completely in forum respect. Enlarged version can be obtained from FORUM member or staff panel.
Really, your questions are exactly like YAKSH's question and are difficult to answer every time. Good to see this.
Now what do you say?waiting for the reply......................I need its enlarged version.
10th November 2010, 10:26 PM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

the only key to sucess is don't copy from others thread
and make your own answer, this will build two things of your's
1.good knowledge
2.will be good in discussions

so make your own choice
and answers

have a good day/night

regards
~~
12th November 2010, 11:55 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

hello sir,

now i am getting 4 pints for one answer i post and 5 points for another one, alternating incrementing now,
why is it so??
13th November 2010, 12:43 AM
divyanshsinghvi21

Quote:

How to Gain Points

some users post copied answers which I like to delete them.They should provide the asker thathe is asking not away from the topic
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?