17th October 2011, 08:30 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to become an I.P.S officer? books for general knowledge? what field I should opt for?

what is the minimum height require for IPS sir?

Related Questions:
17th October 2011, 10:44 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: How to become an I.P.S officer? books for general knowledge? what field I should opt for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
on what feild i should concentrate more?what book should refer gain some general knowledge. what are the feilds that should be familiar to me.
How To Become An IPS Officer

In order to become an IPS officer..you need to clear the UPSC Civil Service Exam

Eligibility Criteria :-

According to the UPSC guidelines..a candidate must satisfy the following criterion to appear for the Civil Service Exam :-

1) You need to be a graduate or a final year graduation student in any stream from an AICTE or UGC recognized University..

2) You should be in the age limit of 21-30 years for general category,21-33 years for OBC and 21-35 years for SC/ST

The maximum number of attempts allowed for the general category is 4,for OBC it is 7 and for SC/ST there is no limit..

Exam Pattern :-

There are 2 rounds for clearing this exam

1) Prelims :- This round..also known as Civil Service Aptitude Test(CSAT) has 2 objective papers which will test your general knowledge,current affairs and aptitude..

2) Mains :- If you clear the Prelims,then you shall qualify for the Mains where you will face nine papers..where your knowledge of your graduation subjects shall be tested..

If you clear both the rounds..you shall be called for the interview and the final selection..

all the best..

With Warm Regards
"Nitz"
18th October 2011, 12:16 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become an I.P.S officer? books for general knowledge? what field I should opt for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
on what feild i should concentrate more?what book should refer gain some general knowledge. what are the feilds that should be familiar to me.
Dear friend,

IPS exam is conducted by UPSC. There are some criteria you have to follow for appearing in IPS exam.

Those candidate have completed graduation in any discipline from recognized university are eligible for IPS exam.

But your age should be in between 21-30years for general candidate.
In IPS exam their is provide age relaxation for OBC candidate is 3years and for SC/ST candidate is 5 years.

The maximum attempts for Sc/ST candidate is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.

Also you must be citizen of India.

PROCESS BECOME A IPS OFFICER:-

1. Fill up the Application form.

2.Preliminary exam is consist of two papers.

a) General studies -----150 marks

b)From Optional subject -------300 marks

3.If you have qualify in Preliminary exam then you have to go for IPS mains exam.

4.After completion of your main exam you have to go for Interview.

Thanks
18th October 2011, 11:52 PM
Unregistered

To become an ips ,sir on which subject i have to focus more and which general knowledge book is best for this
23rd October 2011, 12:50 PM
Unregistered

i am studying b.tech mechanical enginnering ..i want to become an ips officer .Is there any fields in mechanical engineering helpful for the IPS qualification?
29th November 2011, 10:41 AM
shubhambiswas
Senior Member+

screening is meant to separate the cream layer from the butter.......
it is basically done to separate some bright candidates from the mass of candidates.....

generally it is said that screening is tougher than the main exam.......
what they test in screening is that whether the candidate has the potential to face the main exams.........
15th December 2011, 10:19 PM
Unregistered

m doin ma BE rite nw!!!!nd i dnt knw wadz shld i do to become an ias!!!!wad al shld i ve to do nd wic al xamz shld i ve to write!!!??
nd after completing ma degree wad shld b ma first step to get into it !!!!
nd wad r d thngs dat i shld do write nw???
1st February 2012, 09:54 PM
Unregistered

Now i'm doing bsc computer science(1st year),how to prepare for ips examination (books also)?
2nd February 2012, 05:12 PM
Ashwinkumar Hallikar

the eligibility criteria is, firstly you should have a graduation degree and than you should not be less than 21 as on 1st august and more than 30 years of age
In IPS exam their is provide age relaxation for OBC candidate is 3years and for SC/ST candidate is 5 years.

The maximum attempts for Sc/ST candidate is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.
Also you must be citizen of India.

The examination is Conducted in 2 stages :

>> Preliminary examination
>> Main examination

and interview

Preliminary examination is Objective and there are 2 papers in this examination and if you have cracked the Preliminary examination then you are eligible for Main examination, main examination is Descriptive and you have to choose the Subjects on the basis of Graduation.

you have to read the lower classes books because most of the questions comes from lower classes (7,8,9and10th) and NCERT books
29th February 2012, 08:19 PM
Unregistered

I am a student of B.B.A .I want to be a I.P.S. officer after bba then what will i do?............................................... .............................
24th August 2012, 02:27 PM
atharvababy

i'm monika and completed my post graduation in microbiology i want to become ips officer suggest me opt sub and books for preparation my id [email protected]
11th October 2013, 04:57 PM
Unregistered

i want ips g.k.
20th July 2014, 06:19 PM
Unregistered

My aim in life is to become an ips officer...plz tell me about this test....which books i refer for this test ...i read in B.sc 2nd .. suggest me all books name on the basis of b.sc ....i want everything about ips preprt....
5th June 2015, 08:13 PM
Unregistered

Hi! I m doing BBA.. I also want to become an IPS OFFICER so my question is which book I should read for increase my general knowledge nd. For IPS is that important to do LLB? nd from I can get coaching of ips plz tell me..... My email id noorkhanna9@ Gmail.com
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?