28th December 2010, 12:41 PM
gayathrikalva

Eligibility for becoming an Income Tax Officer? Procedure to apply for the course?

i hav done my mba with hr specialization and now i am intrested in becoming income tax officer,what are the eligibilities for that,and please say me the process for the course to be done in detail.

10th January 2011, 05:30 PM
drkpp
Senior Member+

Default Re: Eligibility for becoming an Income Tax Officer? Procedure to apply for the course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gayathrikalva View Post
i hav done my mba with hr specialization and now i am intrested in becoming income tax officer,what are the eligibilities for that,and please say me the process for the course to be done in detail.
You may either appear for UPSC civil services exam from where you are directly posted as Deputy Commissioner of Income Tax or you may appear for the exam of state public service commission from where you can get an appointment for executive grade Income Tax officer.
22nd January 2011, 06:31 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Eligibility for becoming an Income Tax Officer? Procedure to apply for the course?

i have done b.com (P) and i am in C.A. final , now i want to ito as well ... how do i go about it?
26th January 2011, 10:04 AM
Unregistered

i done my M.E(master of enginnering),did i have any chance to write income tax exams?? if yes wt type of exams and how to approach?
27th January 2011, 12:41 AM
drkpp
Senior Member+

To be an Income Tax officer, you need to appear for Civil Cervices Examination conducted yearly by UPSC [union Public Service Commission]. The advertisement appears usually during the month of November/December in "Employment News" and all major dailies. On selection you should opt for Income Tax branch of IRS [Indian Revenue Service].
Alternatively, you may appear for SSC [Staff Selection Commission] exam for recruitment to executive grade.
7th February 2011, 09:03 PM
Unregistered

i m doing b.com 2nd & i want to be a income tax offocer plz give me advice whose exam is suitable for me .
lalit
10th February 2011, 07:28 PM
Unregistered

when exam? date of exam? last date of sumitted form? how much rupee for this exam?
13th February 2011, 07:25 PM
Unregistered

i m doing b.com 3rd year & i want to be a income tax officer. please give me advice which exam is suitable for me & what procedure should be adopted?
19th February 2011, 03:32 PM
Unregistered

Now i am 27 yrs old and pursuing CWA Inter. At this age, is there any possibility to become an Income tax officer ? my cast comes under OBC category. Are there any reservations with regard to cast and age.
21st February 2011, 12:38 PM
Unregistered

i m b.a final year student. i want to be a income tax officer. what is possible?
24th February 2011, 10:45 AM
Unregistered

I am inter icwai student and sybcom student, but I am interested to be income tax officer? So what i do?
24th February 2011, 02:16 PM
Unregistered

eligibilty for income tax officer exam and what is the age limit.
1st March 2011, 10:15 AM
Unregistered

I M PURSUING CS ALONGWITH SYB.COM, SO MY QUESTION IS CN OPT FOR INCOME TAX OFFICER AFTER COMPLETION OF B.COM? WHICH EXAMS ARE TO BE GIVEN? IN WHICH MONTHS?
1st March 2011, 12:07 PM
Unregistered

i m student of m.scit final year, i m intrested to be income tax officer? so what i do plz tell me
2nd March 2011, 07:14 PM
Unregistered

What is the educational qualification to become an income tax officer?
3rd March 2011, 08:09 PM
Unregistered

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

eligibilty for income tax officer exam and what is the age limit
6th March 2011, 02:04 AM
Unregistered

i have done b pharma & my date of birth is 01/03/1985 am i elidgble for income tax officer exam.
6th March 2011, 07:06 PM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Post Re: Eligibility for becoming an Income Tax Officer? Procedure to apply for the course?

INCOME TAX OFFICER exam is generally conducted by Staff Selection Commission (SSC), Its a great opportunity for you that your examination is going to be held in the month of April and notification generally come in February or march so well prepare for it..

1.)ELIGIBLITY

1.Qualification:

a)you should have any degree of a recognized University, or equivalent.
as you have done graduation in B.Com ,so you are positively eligible.

2.Age:

a:Your age should not be not less than 18 yers and not greater than 27 years on the first July of the year of examination

b) The age limit for the posts of Inspector of Income Tax, is 18-27 years as on March 2011

2.)Physical Standards (Minimum)

a)Height :157.5cm
b)Chest :81cm ,fully expanded with a minimum expansion of 5 cm
c)Physical Test:
i)Walking:1600 meters in 15 minutes
ii)Cycling:8 Km in 30 minutes
6th March 2011, 08:21 PM
Unregistered

i have complete b.com last year. now i want to get service in income tax department in my feature. please tell me which course is necessary and procedure for complete that course?
6th March 2011, 08:34 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

There are two ways to become income tax officer.
Civil service exam
SSC exam

CSE exam is conducted by UPSC
ELIGIBLITY
Qualification: you should have any degree of a recognized University, or equivalent.

Age: 21-30 years for general category, 5 yrs relaxation for SC/ST, 3 year for OBC.

Last date for form submission is over now.

SSC exam is generally conducted by Staff Selection Commission (SSC), It is going to be held in the month of April and notification generally come in February or march.

ELIGIBLITY

Qualification: you should have any degree of a recognized University, or equivalent.

Age:Your age should not be not less than 18 yers and not greater than 27 years on the first July of the year of examination.

The age limit for the posts of Inspector of Income Tax, is 18-27 years as on March 2011
6th March 2011, 09:22 PM
mini rani
Senior Member++

The eligibility criteria for becoming an Income tax officer is as follows:

Age limit - A candidate must have attained the age of 18 years and must not have attained the age of 25 years on the first July of the year of examination. The upper age limit is relaxable in respect of certain category of candidates.

Educational Qualifications: A candidate must hold degree of a recognized University, or equivalent.

In addition to this the candidates will have to satisfy the minimum physical standards prescribed by the board.
6th March 2011, 11:53 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: Eligibility for becoming an Income Tax Officer? Procedure to apply for the course?

Hello dear, you only need to be graduate with 50% in any field from a recognized university.
But you be in the age group of 21-30 years.
6th March 2011, 11:56 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

There are two ways to become income tax officer.
Civil service exam
SSC exam

CSE exam is conducted by UPSC
ELIGIBLITY

Age: 21-30 years for general category, 5 yrs relaxation for SC/ST, 3 year for OBC.

SSC exam

ELIGIBLITY

Age:Your age should not be not less than 18 yers and not greater than 27 years on the first July of the year of examination.

The age limit for the posts of Inspector of Income Tax, is 18-27 years as on March 2011
11th March 2011, 03:13 PM
Unregistered

which type work in income tax officer why it is divided into tow parts 1is civil services and 2nd is ssc
11th March 2011, 09:32 PM
V.BARANI DHARAN

Thumbs up Re: Eligibility for becoming an Income Tax Officer? Procedure to apply for the course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i m doing b.com 3rd year & i want to be a income tax officer. please give me advice which exam is suitable for me & what procedure should be adopted?
RESPECTED SIR,
Give me procedure to INCOME TAX OFFICER.
14th March 2011, 04:03 PM
Unregistered

i have done b.c.a and now pursuing m.c.a from panjab university,chandigarh..i want to become income tax officer.so which exam should i have to give?????
19th March 2011, 09:43 AM
Unregistered

gm sir/madam i have got 47 % in B.A > may i apply for this post? and from where i can get the form?
23rd March 2011, 10:42 AM
Unregistered

what is the last date for ragistration for ssc and pls tell me what is the contect number of ssc. i am doing CS (Company secretary). so plz tell me about IT Officer Full information and its address for contect? Jeenendra Jain
23rd March 2011, 11:15 PM
Unregistered

what is the age limit for income tax officer for obc category?
what is the syllabus for the exam?
is there any benefit of doing mba for it if consider in long term? if yes then mba in which field is beneficial to do?
25th March 2011, 02:23 PM
Unregistered

hoe to become a custom officer and Income Tax Officer?
28th March 2011, 06:02 PM
Unregistered

i am in b.a final year .. i wanna be a income tax officer.i should i do ...plz tell me
28th March 2011, 09:41 PM
Unregistered

i hv done CA & want to be a income tax officer........when & where should i apply?
30th March 2011, 10:17 PM
Unregistered

please tell me the procedure to apply for the income tax officer exam which is held by staff selection commission
31st March 2011, 12:51 PM
Unregistered

I m doing b.a 2nd year and hwo much % is required to become a income tax officer.
4th April 2011, 04:54 PM
Unregistered

Please tell full requirements to become an Income Tax Officer and details regarding Examination dates?
8th April 2011, 06:04 PM
Unregistered

hello.. m doing bba nd after that i would like to gave the exm for income tax officer.. so pls tell me what type of exam paper should be comng nd how can i prepare myslf for this..????
10th April 2011, 04:09 PM
Unregistered

am doing my final yr MBA (Finance & Marketing).i checkout the available info in net. if any specific course z needed to enter into IT dep. how toapply for tat....
11th April 2011, 08:49 PM
vijaypatel54
Senior Member+

The eligibility criteria for becoming an Income tax officer is as follows:

Age limit - A candidate must have attained the age of 18 years and must not have attained the age of 25 years on the first July of the year of examination. The upper age limit is relaxable in respect of certain category of candidates.

Educational Qualifications: A candidate must hold degree of a recognized University, or equivalent.

In addition to this the candidates will have to satisfy the minimum physical standards prescribed by the board.
12th April 2011, 11:59 PM
Unregistered

i have completed the B.Sc (agri) on this year so i have interested to joining the income tax officer so i want information on the that exam.
16th April 2011, 02:41 PM
Unregistered

i'v finished my b.com is there any opportunity for becoming tax officer?
17th April 2011, 10:10 PM
Unregistered

sir give me a axact syllabus of income tax officers exams
18th April 2011, 10:27 AM
Unregistered

when&where cse exam conducted ?
18th April 2011, 04:33 PM
Unregistered

Smile Re: Eligibility for becoming an Income Tax Officer? Procedure to apply for the course?

good afternoon gayathrikalva..

to become an Income Tax Officer go for UPSC civil services test from where you are recruited in Income Tax officer ..
Qualification:
a)you should have any degree of a recognized University, or equivalent.

AGE should not be not less than 18 yers and not greater than 27 years

Physical Standards:

a)Height :157.5cm
b)Chest :81cm ,fully expanded with a minimum expansion of 5 cm
c)Physical Test:
i)Walking:1600 meters in 15 minutes
ii)Cycling:8 Km in 30 minutes

Selection Procedure:

a)There will be a Written Examination of all objective type questions.

b)Then an Personal Interview for for qualified students in the Written Test.

Syllabus:

a)General Intelligence:It consists of your ability of reasoning ,how much you can analysis a problem.

b)General English: It consists English Language and will be based on error recognition, fill in the blanks using verbs, preposition, articles etc, vocabulary, spellings, Grammar, sentence-structure, Synonyms, Antonyms, sentence completion, phrases and idiomatic use of words etc

c)Arithmetical Ability: It consists of problems relating to number systems, Computation of whole numbers, decimals and fractions,percentages, ratio and proportions, averages, interest, profit & loss, use of tables and graphs, mensuration, time & distance, ratio and time etc

d)General Awareness

For more details visit upsc.gov.in

Best of luck
18th April 2011, 09:52 PM
Sachin Narayan

Eligibility to become an income tax officer:

1. Educational qualification- Bachelor degree from any stream from a recognised university.

2. Age- 18 to 27 years
(relaxation in age- 3 years for OBC, 5 years for SC/ST)

Procedure to apply-

1. The advertisement is usually published in the month of april in employment newspaper.

2. Procure the application form and required information and send the filled application form to the regional centres as mentioned.
18th April 2011, 10:05 PM
Sachin Narayan

Eligibility to become an income tax officer:

1. Educational qualification- Bachelor degree from any stream from a recognised university.

2. Age- 18 to 27 years
(relaxation in age- 3 years for OBC, 5 years for SC/ST)

Procedure to apply-

1. The advertisement is usually published in the month of april in employment newspaper.

2. Procure the application form and required information and send the filled application form to the regional centres as mentioned.
27th April 2011, 11:37 PM
Unregistered

is it possible to do b.com & study about income tax ?????????????
1st May 2011, 01:50 AM
Unregistered

CAN ANY ONE HELP ME ,,,,??? HOW TO APPLY ENTRANCE EXAM FOR " IB " POST...
1st May 2011, 04:12 AM
Unregistered

hi, i m hotel mgmt graduate and want to apply for income tax officer.. M i eligible for it.? iwats d age limit... Its upto 25 or 27.?pls help me out..
2nd May 2011, 10:48 PM
shaikhmehjabeen

i have completed ma b.com and i want to go for incme tax officer plz suggest me wat qualification is required for income tax
14th May 2011, 03:25 PM
Unregistered

i am doing BBA from long distance . shall i give the paper of income tax officer
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?