15th January 2011, 09:13 PM
Unregistered

Merchant Navy or Indian Navy after B.Sc.? Admission procedure and Institutes?

Dear Sir,
I'm doing F.Y. Bsc. (Geology) and my plans are to do Msc. (Petroleum technology) but im interested in Merchant Navy or The Indian Navy.Please guide me which one will be the best and i had less marks in Hsc so i was not eligible for Merchant Navy(Marine engg.)Can I do Bsc.Nautical science after bsc in physics or chemistry if yes the final year? I want to join the ship as a cadet(at least). Is Indian Navy a good choice and if it is can i join merchant navy after serving a few years in Indian Navy. Please tell me good institutes for Merchant Navy and for Indian Navy and procedure to get admissions in Navy. Thank you...

19th January 2011, 10:20 PM
monika bharmoria

Default Re: Merchant Navy or Indian Navy after B.Sc.? Admission procedure and Institutes?

you can give all india mechant navy test for M.B.A Shipping and Logistics (DLP)...
i have attached the important information regarding this ..please have a look.
the eligibility is - Any degree from an Recognized University
Attached Files
File Type: docx new1.docx(20.4 KB, 2407 views)
27th January 2011, 07:46 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Merchant Navy or Indian Navy after B.Sc.? Admission procedure and Institutes?

pursuing bca final year and wants to be in merchant navy?
how can i apply for merchant navy?
i have scored 74% marks till now..........
27th January 2011, 10:33 PM
Unregistered

Sir, am mayoori (trivandrum )am completed bsc industrial microbiology and bio chemistry with 75%marks
sir, any scopes in indian army and indian air force and indian navy
kindly request you sir pls giv me a offer
30th January 2011, 12:14 PM
Unregistered

sir....im yoowan o lyngdoh from meghalaya and im about to complete my bsc this year and i want to join the indian navy......how can i apply.....
2nd February 2011, 01:08 PM
Unregistered

sir i h've scored 54.3% in pcm c.b.s.e board can i join merchant navy?
moreover i'm also giving math improvement exam as i score 62 in chemistry,61 in physics and 40 in math plzzz suggest me fast as i already drop one year to involve in merchant navy...........
6th February 2011, 11:45 AM
Unregistered

What are Navy cours after bsc
9th February 2011, 02:18 AM
bikenindia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Sir,
I'm doing F.Y. Bsc. (Geology) and my plans are to do Msc. (Petroleum technology) but im interested in Merchant Navy or The Indian Navy.Please guide me which one will be the best and i had less marks in Hsc so i was not eligible for Merchant Navy(Marine engg.)Can I do Bsc.Nautical science after bsc in physics or chemistry if yes the final year? I want to join the ship as a cadet(at least). Is Indian Navy a good choice and if it is can i join merchant navy after serving a few years in Indian Navy. Please tell me good institutes for Merchant Navy and for Indian Navy and procedure to get admissions in Navy. Thank you...
Hello friend,

I feel Indian navy is better than merchant Navy if you can join Indian Navy. Because it is government job and its a pride to serve motherland.
to join Indian Navy, you have to write NDA exam conducted by UPSC twice every year. but you need to be science student. Though this exam, you can join Indian Navy.

All the best.
15th February 2011, 06:20 PM
Unregistered

hi i hv done bsc electonic and mba can i join merchant navy
21st February 2011, 10:31 PM
karan_parve

I done My B.Sc Comp SCi How i join navy please guide me
22nd February 2011, 04:20 PM
xavi

freind hi,

for merchant navy --
--Academic Qualification & AGE Limits: Candidates must have passed (10 + 2) examination with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English
INDIAN INSTITUTE OF MARITIME STUDIES MINISTRY OF SHIPPING & ROAD TRANSPORT & HIGHWAYS
TS.CHANAKYA, NAVI MUMBAI, MARINE ENGINEERING & RESEARCH INSTITUTE (MERI), KOLKATA, MARINE ENGINEERING & RESEARCH INSTITUTE (MERI), MUMBAI
Marine Engineering Degree at Marine Engineering S Research Institute (MERI), Kolkata and 3-year Polyvalent B.Sc. (Maritime Science Degree at Marine Engineering & Research Institute (MERI). Mumbai for the session commencing in August 2009 will be made through the Joint Entrance Examination 2009 to be conducted by IITs on 12.04.2009. There will be no separate Entrance Examination for the institutes mentioned above and candidates who have qualified in the IIT-JEE 2009 examination will be called for counseling in the month of July/August2009. All Indian Nationals seeking admission to the above mentioned institutes must fill up the application form for IIT-JEE and a Separate application form issued by Indian institute of Maritime Studies.

Seats: There are 156 seats available in T.S.Chanakya, Navi Mumbai, 208 in MERI. Kolkata and 39 in MERI, Mumbai. Out of these 10 seats are reserved for foreign nationals in T.S. Chanakya. MERI. Kolkata and MERI, Mumbai for which the details can be directly obtained from Indian Institute of Maritime Studies.

Reservation of Seats: 15% are reserved for SC candidates, 7-1/2% for ST candidates & 18% are reserved for OBC candidates belonging to the non-creamy layer.

Academic Qualification & AGE Limits: Candidates must have passed (10 + 2) examination with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English The candidates’ mast have been born on or after 1.10.1984, for SC/ST candidates must have born on or after 1.10.1979.

Application form along with information brochure giving the details of the Training programme at the above three Institutes, Medical standards, etc can be obtained from the following designated branches of Syndicatee Bank all over India by payment of Rs.300/ (General / OBC) and Rs.200/- (SC/ST)

Syndicate Bank Branches:

(a) West Zone: Ahrnedabad (Ashram Road Branch). Bhilai, Bhopal. Fort, Mumbai. Gwalior. Indore (Main Rajwada Chowk) Jaipur (M.I. Raod Branch) Nagpur (Gandhi Bagh Main Branch). Pune (Laxmi Road Branch),Thane (Naupada Branch), Udaipur

(b) North Zone; Amritsar Allahabad (Cantonment), Bargilly (Civil Lines Branch). Chandigarh. Dehradun. Gurgaon (Csntonr Jammu. Kanpur. Lucknow Main (Ammabad). Meerut (Main).New Delhi (Nehru Place Branch). Patiala (Main). Varanasi (Main).

(c) East Zone: Bokaro Steel City Bhubaneswar (Main).,Kolkata (N S Road). Dhanbad. Jamshedpur. Muzaffarpur. Port Blair. Patna. Ranchi. Rourkela.

(d) South Zone: Anantapur, Bangalore (Gandhinagar). Chennai (Mount Road), Kochi (Kochi-Kotinukulam Road Main Branch).

best of luck
24th March 2011, 12:11 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I have cleared my bsc with physics with 67% may i join navy ?
25th March 2011, 10:40 PM
Unregistered

is it possible to join the merchant navy, after BSC Degree in M.S.Comp.
1st April 2011, 11:16 PM
Unregistered

sir its sanket srivastava i am in class 12th.I want to join marchant navy i want some information related to this course through igonu and how can i get application form of merchant navy for the post of deckcadit.
13th April 2011, 03:40 PM
Unregistered

Join Merchant Navy

Contact Us:
Maritime Recruitments, New Delhi
Email:[email protected]
Visit Us: www.m-recruit.weebly.com
13th April 2011, 03:42 PM
ankitahuja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I have cleared my bsc with physics with 67% may i join navy ?

Yes you can join merchant navy.

For more info:
Visit: www.m-recruit.weebly.com
21st April 2011, 02:17 PM
Unregistered

SIR I AM SIDDHARTH AND I WANT TO GO IN INDIAN DEFENCE.MY FIRST PREFERENCE IS INDIAN NAVY THEN SECOND IS INDIAN ARMY.WHAT SHOULD I DO TO JOIN THE DEFENCE.SIR PLEASE HELP ME.
28th April 2011, 06:19 AM
Unregistered

sir, i had given hsc exams and want to join mearchant navy.can u tell me howcan i?....
4th May 2011, 12:26 PM
Unregistered

i want to join indian navy special force after B.Sc. or 12th 'non-medical'
send me the following abov details
6th May 2011, 07:58 PM
Unregistered

I study in Sixth Std. I want to know about courses which related to merchant navy, marine engineer that will help me in future to easily get admission & doing career in this field & get 100% success.
25th May 2011, 09:43 PM
Unregistered

hello sir....i have completed my bsc in comp.sci. and i am willing to join indian navy.........can u guide me how do i can get admission and also what elligibility is needed????
27th May 2011, 05:05 PM
Unregistered

hello.................sir can join merchant navy after bsc in maths while in 12th my % is 42 can i.............pls ans........
5th June 2011, 10:52 AM
Unregistered

can i join indian navy after doing b.sc biotechnology
19th June 2011, 12:56 PM
Unregistered

hello sir..,. I have completed my 12th , I join merchant navy and I addmission in bsc or not
22nd June 2011, 12:36 PM
Unregistered

i hve completed my b.sc in chemistry, i want to join merchant navy can i join?
24th June 2011, 09:08 PM
Unregistered

what to do after bsc cs to join indian navy?
25th June 2011, 12:28 PM
Unregistered

sir i m persuing Bsc.IT what is the procedure of joining indian navy or merchant navy??
1st July 2011, 03:17 PM
Unregistered

oppurtunities for a bsc.nautical science student in indian navy .
4th July 2011, 08:15 PM
Unregistered

for merchant navy what are the further studies
5th July 2011, 06:07 PM
Unregistered

i am studing bsc of combination (pcm)and how much eligibility i have to get for it
9th July 2011, 02:41 PM
Unregistered

AFTER 2 HOW I CAN JOIN THE INDIAN NAVY?
14th July 2011, 05:46 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Merchant Navy or Indian Navy after HSC.? Admission procedure and Institutes?

[QUOTE=Unregistered;321368]Dear Sir,
MY Name is Parwesh I'm doing F.Y.Bcom. but im interested in Merchant Navy or The Indian i have also completed the traning of indian Navy from SEA CADET CORPS in colaba and graded n ABLE Cadet Rank. SO,Please guide me which one will be the best. I want to join the ship as a cadet(at least). Is Indian Navy a good choice or else i can join merchant navy .plz reple me on my email= [email protected]
14th July 2011, 06:07 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Merchant Navy or Indian Navy after HSC.? Admission procedure and Institutes?

[QUOTE=Unregistered;321368]Dear Sir,
MY Name is Parwesh I'm doing F.Y.Bcom. but im interested in Merchant Navy or The Indian i have also completed the traning of indian Navy from SEA CADET CORPS in colaba and graded n ABLE Cadet Rank. SO,Please guide me which one will be the best. I want to join the ship as a cadet(at least). Is Indian Navy a good choice or else i can join merchant navy .plz reple me on my email= [email protected]
19th July 2011, 06:02 PM
Unregistered

i am doing now b.sc, i want to ask that after b.sc can i join indian navy as officers
30th July 2011, 09:24 PM
Unregistered

sir...........i have completed my B.E. in mechanical branch in 2011. I want to join Indian navy or Indian Airforce ........ what course should i hav to go now...... or in which institutes of delhi..........
[email protected]
31st July 2011, 01:15 AM
kumar96
Senior Member+

UPSC conducts entrance exam for Merchant Navy.For Merchant Navy entrance exam conducted every year by UPSC.

To join UPSC you have to apply for entrance exam conducted by UPSC.to apply for entrance exam of Merchant Nany you have to pass your graduation.after graduation you can apply for Merchant navy entrance exam.

Age limit for Merchant Navy is 21-30 year.after this you can't apply for this exam.

Notification for merchant Navy entrance exam released by UPSC every year.you have to visit the website of UPSC for notification-

http://www.upsc.gov.in
19th August 2011, 08:59 PM
vipin bihari chaturvedi

UPSC you have to apply for entrance exam conducted by UPSC.to apply for entrance exam of Merchant Nany you have to pass your graduation.after graduation you can apply for Merchant navy entrance exam.

Age limit for Merchant Navy is 21-30 year.after this you can't apply for this exam.

Notification for merchant Navy entrance exam released by UPSC every year.you have to visit the website of UPSC for notification-

14th September 2011, 09:34 PM
Unregistered

sir, is it possible to join merchant navy with 50% marks in(10 2 pcm)???? if yes what are the courses available???????
17th September 2011, 08:32 PM
aishwarya chavan

Question Re: Merchant Navy or Indian Navy after B.Sc.? Admission procedure and Institutes?

can i join indian navy after bsc in chemistry ? if yes,then how?
23rd September 2011, 06:46 AM
Unregistered

Hello,

I am a BSc Graduate(P, C, M), shall have any vacancies in Indian Navy?
24th September 2011, 03:48 PM
Unregistered

how to join navy after BCA degree pls
17th October 2011, 12:13 AM
Unregistered

If I am married then can i join merchat navy
31st October 2011, 10:15 PM
Unregistered

sir i m doing b.sc pursuting in 5th sem getting 65% in 4th sem i can join aur not............plz tell @ [email protected]
4th November 2011, 02:20 PM
Unregistered

hello sir i n doing BSC(IT)IN SECOND YEAR CAN I JOIN MERCHAMT NAVY AFTER THIRD YEAR?BT RGER IS ONE PROBLEM I HAVE SPECTS.
7th November 2011, 02:09 PM
Unregistered

Sir, am yogesh am completed bsc industrial computer and bio chemistry with 70%marks
sir, any scopes in indian army and indian air force and indian navy
kindly request you sir pls giv me a offer
my mail id is [email protected]
10th November 2011, 10:27 PM
manas.europhia
Senior Member++

Location: Qr.No.- FR-99/8 ,SAILASHREE VIHAR , CHANDRASEKHAR PUR , BHUBANESWAR, ORISSA, PIN - 751021.

UPSC conducts entrance exam for Merchant Navy.For Merchant Navy entrance exam conducted every year by UPSC.

To join UPSC you have to apply for entrance exam conducted by UPSC.to apply for entrance exam of Merchant Nany you have to pass your graduation.after graduation you can apply for Merchant navy entrance exam.

15th November 2011, 12:54 PM
manas.europhia
Senior Member++

Location: Qr.No.- FR-99/8 ,SAILASHREE VIHAR , CHANDRASEKHAR PUR , BHUBANESWAR, ORISSA, PIN - 751021.

24th November 2011, 09:52 PM
Unregistered

dear i m in merchant navy as deck cadet...after completion my cadetship can i join indian navy?pls suggest me as soon as possible in my email_id: [email protected]
28th December 2011, 12:05 AM
Unregistered

Hello sir i'm a 31 yrs old SMAW/MIG welder.i have done NCTVT from Mazhgaon Dock ltd.also i have worked experience in different company's.now i'm intrested to join marchant nevy.if there is any job for welders in marchant nevy or any courses available for join merchant nevy for my concern.give me the details.

Regards

Ashwin
5th January 2012, 11:37 PM
Unregistered

I have completed by btech in computer science engineering and i am willinG to join merchant navy.is there any scope for me without having to do the bsc(nautical).Is there any scope after doing MBA in MBA (Shipping and Logistics Management)???
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?