28th May 2012, 09:33 AM
arya_bhatta

Required Qualification for the position of Assistant Professor as per UGC and AICTE Rules?

plz. tell me the qualification of an asst. professor and professor as per U.G.C. rule and A.I.C.T.E. rule.

Related Questions:
1st June 2012, 02:36 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Required Qualification for the position of Assistant Professor as per UGC and AICTE Rules?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arya_bhatta View Post
plz. tell me the qualification of an asst. professor and professor as per U.G.C. rule and A.I.C.T.E. rule.
In order to become an Associate Professor in any recognized university, one needs to fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
  • Must have passed Masters Degree examination from a recognized university in the subject you would like to teach.
  • Must have scored a minimum of 55% marks in the masters degree examination.
  • Must have qualified National Eligibility Test for Lectureship conducted by University Grant Commission.

The National Eligibility Test for Lectureship is conducted in the month of June and December every year and for more information regarding the test, you may refer to www.ugcnetonline.in

In order to be considered as Professor in Universities and Colleges in India, one must fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
  • Must have done exceptionally well in the Bachelors as well as Masters level in relevant discipline.
  • Must hold a minimum of 3 years of experience as Assistant Professor in a recognized university or College.
  • Must hold a PhD degree in relevant discipline.
15th June 2012, 06:04 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Required Qualification for the position of Assistant Professor as per UGC and AICTE Rules?

sir, i m b.tech degree holder with 6 of teaching experience. my question is am i eligibile for teaching still without m.tech or is it essential to do m.tech
15th June 2012, 09:32 PM
Unregistered

what is qualification for assistant professor in education
18th June 2012, 10:56 AM
Unregistered

I am B.Sc(CS),MCA,and did my ME(CSE) from an engg. college, which is affiliated to Anna University, whether I am eligible for AP post in engineering
college to B.E./B.TEch/
18th June 2012, 08:55 PM
Unregistered

Smile Re: Required Qualification for the position of Assistant Professor as per UGC and AICTE Rules?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir, i m b.tech degree holder with 6 of teaching experience. my question is am i eligibile for teaching still without m.tech or is it essential to do m.tech
hello.......
u are eligible for assistant professor in engineering colleges..but u have to get M.tech ...

either B.tech or M.tech with first class.....

Thank you....................
30th June 2012, 11:14 AM
Unregistered

i have done b.tech in electrical engineering and m.tech in computer engg. Am i eligible for the post of assistant professor in computer science department of engg. college?
6th July 2012, 12:10 AM
Unregistered

Is NET must for BE/MCA holders for the position of Asst professor as per UGC?
10th July 2012, 01:52 PM
Unregistered

what is lean ?under which criteria an assistant professor can avil this lean??
11th July 2012, 10:46 AM
Unregistered

i have done btech in mgu with 58% and mtech dualdegree printing and media from manipal with 68%.ami eligible for applying for the post of assistant professors in electrical department
18th July 2012, 01:23 PM
Unregistered

hello sir, i just want to know when BE with first class is said, is it first class in BE(final year) only or BE aggregate. Is first class in BE(final Year) enough for lectureship
21st July 2012, 04:01 PM
Unregistered

sir, i am a post graduate in commerce(56%).also iam a cost accountant(qualified in2004). iwant to know whether i am eligible to be an asst. prof. in aicte approved management colleges or not.

P. K. sen
23rd July 2012, 01:06 AM
Unregistered

what is maximum age limit for assistant profesor
26th July 2012, 05:56 PM
Unregistered

i have done mba with scored 78%,mcom with scored 59% can i eligible to study in colleges and university
29th July 2012, 12:01 AM
Unregistered

what is the minimum qualification for guess lecturer
2nd August 2012, 10:43 AM
Unregistered

Iam M.A. in Psychology, with PhD, with degree awarded in 2oo5 from Punjab University. Am i eligible for the post of a Assistant professor in Punjab University affiliated college.
9th August 2012, 05:59 AM
Unregistered

I have B.E (Mechanical) degree and MBA (Project Management) degree, over 34 years of experience in a well reputed Public Sector engineering concern and over 7.5 years of teaching experience in an engineering college in the grade of Assistant Professor. Please let me know whether I am eligible for associate Professorship or Professorship in an engineering colleges. Whom shall I address any request in UGC/AICTE to get recognition for MBA degree in place of M.Tech. for promotion?

Venkatesh.K.S
9th August 2012, 01:53 PM
Unregistered

I had submitted my Ph.D Thesis in 2008, viva in Dec2009, Notification & Degree awarded in 2010. I am eligible for assistant professor in Degree colleges or not. If yes, please provide legal proof(I could not find this on UGC site)
9th August 2012, 02:03 PM
Unregistered

I had submitted Ph.D in 2008, viva done in Dec2009, notification & Degree awarded in 2010. am I eligible for the post of Assistant Professor in Degree colleges/universities or not, If yes please provide the legal proof/document for the same, as I could not find this clearly on UGC site.
16th August 2012, 04:28 PM
Unregistered

i am psychologist working in goverement medical college, i have completed my m.sc in clinical psychology, and passed state lecturer eligible test i am i elgible for ugc scale
18th August 2012, 01:11 PM
Unregistered

i m ma mjmc with 2.5 yrs of exp. can i apply for assistant professor without qualifying net?
18th August 2012, 02:13 PM
Unregistered

sir i have IETE in electronics and telecomm. engineering and i want to do mtech in electrical engineering, after that is i am eligibble for assistance professor in engineering college as per aicte and ugc
21st August 2012, 02:07 AM
Unregistered

i have passed AMIE in ece with first class marks,pursuing m-tech in ece.am i eligible for the post of assistant prof. in b-tech private engineering college.i have 4 yrs of industrial experience and 6 yrs of experience as technical assistant in private engineering college
25th August 2012, 08:32 PM
Unregistered

Sir,
I have finished MBA with 80% and have also qualified NET. so tell me if i am eligible for lecturer or not
25th August 2012, 10:43 PM
Unregistered

upper age limit for post of professor in any indian university
26th August 2012, 09:12 PM
Unregistered

kya ek b.tech passout student without qualify NET ek university me pada sakta hai. agar koi university ugc kr rules nahi follo kar rahi ho to kya complain hum kar sakte hai. if yes to kise? pls help
31st August 2012, 05:21 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir
I have completed MBA- HR in Distance education, I have interested to Teach , am i have the eligible person for Lecturing?
2nd September 2012, 01:47 PM
Unregistered

Sir, i hav completed MSc in computer science and if i do PhD under the guide of biotech wil i be eligable for assistant professor as per UGC rules
2nd September 2012, 02:25 PM
Unregistered

Sir,
I have completed MSc in computer science now have got an opertunity doing a research in biotechnology is this valid for Assistant Professor designation under
UGC rules
5th September 2012, 10:53 PM
Unregistered

sir i have completed msc mathematics with first class.and m phil i got second class ?with 53% .as iam eligible for assistant professor.? i have six years engineering experience.
7th September 2012, 10:04 AM
Unregistered

sir i have completed mca with first class and bsc with computer science plz tell me as i am eligible for assistant professor ?
7th September 2012, 04:03 PM
Unregistered

M.Tech degree from UGC approved private universities are eligible for post of assistant professor in AICTE approved engineering college?
7th September 2012, 04:18 PM
Unregistered

M.Tech from UGC approved private university eligible for post of assistant professor in AICTE approved engineering colleges
11th September 2012, 05:15 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I have qualified UGC NET in Computer Science. Is it possible to claim the post which already given to some other person on special order. And that person is not qualified NET and his time limit is over. Can i claim that post. If it is possible, how to do the necessary steps.
Thanking You
11th September 2012, 05:23 PM
MTech_NET

Sir, I have M.Tech+UGC NET. I want to join paricular college. That post is already occupied by one person without NET qualification on special order. The time limit of that person is already over. Is it possible to claim that post since I have qualifications.
13th September 2012, 05:58 PM
Unregistered

I AM DOING MY M.A. IN 1998 MY PERSENT IS 46 I WANT TO IMPROVE MY MARKS THEN WHAT CAN I DO
13th September 2012, 06:02 PM
Unregistered

I WANT TO IMPROVE MY MARKS IN M.A.BY GOLDEN CHANCE. IN THIS CONDITION WHAT IS THE SYLLABUS I DO .MY M.A. IS IN 1998 IN HINDI
14th September 2012, 02:56 PM
Unregistered

I had completed B.E(Electronics and communication engg) and M.E(Computer Science and engineering) . shall i eligible to work as a assistant professor in Electronics and Communication department and i have to join in which department to get my M.E benefits and where i have to register my Ph.D
18th September 2012, 07:44 PM
Unregistered

i am m.a. m.phill in english with 58 and 57 % marks i am teaching in a college for ten years to m.a. class on temporary basis am i eligible for the post of asst. professor in the same college according to the rules of ugc and haryana government
27th September 2012, 10:58 PM
Unregistered

Sir, Please let me know the required qualifications for the post of an Assistant Professor as per U G C norms in B.Ed colleges and the experience required for the post of Principal in self financed college.
28th September 2012, 04:24 PM
Unregistered

I am a banker in public sector bank with 12 year experience and passed NET in management. I have done MBA from distance learning. I am doing phd from central university in management. What is my scope to enter in education field as Asso. professor or as a Professor in govt/pvt universities. What salary I can expect ? At present my gross salary is 84000/- pm.
30th September 2012, 06:44 PM
shahzadimam

I think that you are eligible for a lecturer post in any engineering college as per AICTE rules and guidelines.
You have an engineering bachelor degree from a good institute and you have a good experience in the industry as well.
So I think that no legislation will come in your way to become a lecturer in any engineering colleges.
12th October 2012, 12:06 AM
Unregistered

my self gamit hemant i am M.A.,M.Ed , NET in education M.A. 47.87% M.Ed 61.30% , Ph.D conti. am i eligible as assistant proffessor in B.Ed. college ?
15th October 2012, 01:39 PM
Unregistered

Can M.tech(CSE) doing thesis work eligible for the post of assistant professor in universities as per UGC/AICTE norms??
15th October 2012, 01:47 PM
Unregistered

can M.tech (CSE) pursuing thesis work eligible for assistant professor in universities as per UGC/AICTE norms??
10th November 2012, 01:58 PM
Unregistered

Sir ,
I Completed Mca degree Whether i am eligible for Assitant professor for engineering college
14th November 2012, 06:28 PM
Unregistered

I have completed three years diploma course in film technology and M.Sc Electronic Media (regular). Cleared SLET and NET exams. Am I eligible to apply for TRB? Is UG a must criteria for government jobs?
14th November 2012, 08:17 PM
Unregistered

Sir.

I have done BE Mechanical then I have 8 years exp in good companies. Then I did my MBA. after this i have 5 and half years exp. Most of my exp is in software suppport, testing and implementation. I am currently working as an assiatnt Prof in a management institue in operations managemnt dept . However they have not considered most of my exp They say min requirement is 2 years relevant exp after PG, so in my case reduce 2 from 5 half. so my exp considered is just 3 years. that too they say is NOT relevant. Though it is INDUSTRY exp. My question is what is the importance of relevant exp also how can i get my previous exp considered ? Thanks Rahul
16th November 2012, 08:01 PM
Unregistered

i have completed B.A. economics @the under graduate level. post graduation in commerce, m.phil., in commerce , ph.d also in commerce. am i eligible for working in government arts &science college ,government aided arts&science college,university department as assistant professor in commerce. now i am working in self finance arts &science college. i have put 9 years of experience.please give reply sir.
19th November 2012, 02:18 PM
Unregistered

sir,i am postgraduate in physics wih BEd and have 2years of teaching exp.i passed SET EXAM from kerala in 2005.am i eligible to apply forthe post of asst professor without NET
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?