7th February 2011, 09:45 PM
mujthaba ap

Qualification required for BCA course. Can a commerce student apply for BCA ?

dear sir
i am a commerce student my subject's are economics,political science,English,business studies and accountancy with accounting financial statement
my friend nasimudheen said to me ''can get bca alone sceince student''
and also my other freind said to me about bca ''can can commerce student get BCA'' so i am very happy.becuase i want to get a degree in BCA.

so now i want to know more about can commerce student get bca without maths

so please reply to me

Related Questions:
  1. BCA or B.Com from GNIIT: better option after 12th standard with commerce? Percentage required in 12th?
  2. Is it difficult to study BCA for 12th Commerce student? Scope of BCA and MCA?
  3. Can we join B.E IT after BCA? I am a commerce student
  4. Being a student of commerce can I do well in BCA?
  5. Commerce student who have studied Mathematics can do BCA?
  6. Can a commerce student pursue BCA course? Procedure of admission to BCA course?
  7. Can a commerce student apply for BCA?
  8. What is the minimum percentage required to do BCA from BIT Ranchi? How could I apply for BCA in BIT Ranchi
  9. How can I get a good job in future? I'm a BCA student in 2nd year and have done commerce without Maths
  10. Eligiblity to apply for BCA after completing 12th Commerce without Maths? Job opportunities and colleges in Mumbai for BCA? How BCA is differ from B.Sc(IT)?
  11. Can I apply for BCA with 47% marks in 12th standard?
  12. What is the scope of doing BCA? Is it good to choose MBA after BCA completion?
  13. Can I get admission to study BCA if pursuing 12th Commerce without Mathematics? What are the subjects available to study in BCA?
  14. Can I join BCA after passing commerce with computer application? What is the qualification for this course?
  15. Am I eligible to do BCA being a Diploma holder?
  16. Is it necessary to pursue Science and Maths to further study BCA? Eligibility and percentage criteria to study BCA outside Kerala for 12th Commerce state Board candidate? -- [New]
  17. Eligibility to study BCA or B.Sc(IT) for 12th Commerce student?
  18. Possibility to pursue M.Sc(IT) or MCA after completing BCA? Best course for BCA graduate?
7th February 2011, 10:24 PM
Rohit Vashisht
Senior Member+

Default Re: Qualification required for BCA course. Can a commerce student apply for BCA ?

Absolutely commerce students are eligible to do BCA and MCA. Even Arts students are eligiblr for the same.

Generally Mathematics is considered to be compulsary subject to get admission in BCA.

But now days most of the universities provide admission to BCA even without having Mathematics at 10+2 level. Like- IGNOU, Amity University, Manipal University, etc.

But during semesters you need to study one extra subject i.e MTE (Mathematical Instrument)
7th February 2011, 10:52 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Qualification required for BCA course. Can a commerce student apply for BCA ?

yes commerce students can do BCA, but since you don't have maths in 12th, then should have computer as a subject in 12th........
all science, art, and commerce students can study BCA but the only criteria is either maths or computer in 12th...........
7th February 2011, 11:38 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: Qualification required for BCA course. Can a commerce student apply for BCA ?

Hi

A commerce student is eligible for the BCA course. As in many institutes in India the requirement of Maths is must for the BCA course. But there are also some of the institutes where the requirement of Maths is not necessary.

So you can apply in that institutes where the Maths is not necessary for the BCA course. The detailed eligibility criteria and the institutes taking candidates for BCA without Maths are mentioned below:

Eligibility

Education Qualification

The minimum education qualification required for the BCA course is 10+2.

Candidate should have scored at least 60% marks in 12th board.

Colleges for BCA
There are lots of colleges for the BCA which takes candidates without Maths subject at 10+2.

1.Integrated Academy of Management and Technology, DR. Bhim Rao Ambedkar Universty, Senate House, Agra-282004

2.Institute of Management-Developmental Research, Makhanlal Chaturvedi, Rashtriya-patrkarta VishwaVidyalaya, E-8 Shahpura, Bhopal-462016

3.Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra Haryana

4.College of Business Studies(CBS) Delhi University Delhi

5.Institute of Technology and Science, Chaudhary Charan Singh University, Meerut

So you can join the above institutes also as they don't required Maths at 10+2 for BCA course.

GOOD LUCK
7th February 2011, 11:49 PM
Barbiegirl

yes a commerce student can apply for BCA very efficently because in BCA mostly subjects are realted to computer science,but it would be good if you have knowledge about computer in lower classes or may have done some comuter course that will help you a lot and also you have to work on maths also.wish you a good luck and a bright future ahead.
7th February 2011, 11:58 PM
vijaymohit92
Member+

you have to be 12th pass %& yes commerce student can do this
8th February 2011, 12:03 AM
Somesh Goenka
Senior Member+++

Hi,

Bachelor of Computer Application or BCA is gaining a lot of momentum these days.

There are various universities that offer BCA courses.
However the eligibility criteria varies from one university to the other.
So I will highlight a few important eligibly criteria for BCA:
1.Minimum 50% aggregate in Higher Secondry.
2.Mathematics. Should have Mathematics as a compulsory subject in +2.
3.Also, few esteemed universities require you to have a certificate in Computer Applications.

However these criteria vary from university, and certain universities do not have such criteria at all.

Hence I suggest that you give me the name of the university you are looking forward to do BCA from, then i may be better able to help you out.

Good Luck and write soon!
8th February 2011, 01:37 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by mujthaba ap View Post
dear sir
i am a commerce student my subject's are economics,political science,English,business studies and accountancy with accounting financial statement
and also my other freind said to me about bca ''can can commerce student get BCA'' so i am very happy.becuase i want to get a degree in BCA.

so please reply to me
Why you want to do BCA, ithink for commerce student BBA OR MBA is the best option and IIPM college offers such courses and IIPm is one of the best B-school in india for further details contact at pankaj 9545529493 or mail at [email protected]
17th February 2011, 10:58 PM
Unregistered

i have done 11th and 12th std in commerce stream.Maths was not a subject in 11th and 12th. I am persuing BCA, and we had maths for 2 semesters. Can i appear for WASE exam?
21st February 2011, 01:00 PM
Unregistered

dear sir
i am a Humanities dtudent. My subject's are economics,political science,English,sociology and History.
my friend said to me ''can get bca alone sceince student.
can 12 humanities group join for bca.
please reply to me
22nd February 2011, 12:17 AM
RATAN SINGH RATHORE
Senior Member+

Hi dear,
Yes a commerce student can apply for BCA course.BCA or Bachelor of compyter application is a very good course.

Eligibility:-
Education Qualification:
The minimum education qualification required for the BCA course is 12th.
Minimum 60% marks in 12th class.

SOME best colleges for BCA:-
IGNOU
AMITY university
MANIPAL university etc....

BEST OF LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
22nd February 2011, 01:07 PM
Ankur agrawal

Yes u (commerce )can also apply for BCA .....
22nd February 2011, 01:27 PM
Unregistered

i want to do bca but i dont have maths can i do bca without maths..??
plz reply
22nd February 2011, 05:31 PM
arvind_singh
Banned

hello my friend iam glad to say you that yes you can join BCA course in any recognised college you just have to full fill certain criteria which is

you should have Mathematics as their distinct subject. Also the applicants should have secured a minimum of 50% in their Higher Secondary Examination and in some institute it is 55%
25th February 2011, 05:18 PM
ques_unltd

Thumbs up Re: Qualification required for BCA course. Can a commerce student apply for BCA ?

Quote:
dear sir

so please reply to me
BCA is open for commerce students. Even i Am persuing BCA and i had studied +2 in commerce. Maths is a subject for all the commerce students in the 1st and 2nd semesters.
27th February 2011, 02:22 PM
Unregistered

I have completed three years diploma in computers(after 10) in 2010..i wanna do graduation.can i do graduation instead of b.tech?
3rd March 2011, 11:31 AM
Unregistered

I want to do bca in mumbai, m frm Gujarat and i ll complete my 10 2(commerce) in march'11,can i apply for it,if yes which college ll be good for bca.
3rd March 2011, 11:49 AM
Unregistered

I want to do bca in mumbai,i m frm gujarat i ll complete my 10 2(commerce) in mar'11,cn i get admisn if yes,which college ll be good for it?
10th March 2011, 04:55 PM
Unregistered

I want to do BCA in kolkata . Can i know which college allows to do this course ?
11th March 2011, 10:30 PM
asif.pku

hi sir i am passed 10+2 with arts,can i admitted of bca college in Bangalore?
12th March 2011, 11:59 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Yes Definitely, Commerce Students Are Eligible to Apply for BCA Course.

In These Days, Many Colleges Provide Admission In BCA Course To Those Students, Who Dont Have Maths In 12th Exams.

So, Please Dont Worry, You Will Easily Get Admission In BCA Course, If You Dont Have Maths In Your 12th Exams.

These Colleges Will Give You Admission In BCA Course, If You Dont Have Maths In 12th Examination, So Please Check These Given Colleges -

IGNOU

Institute of Technology and Science, UP

Institute of Management, Madhya Pradesh

Guru Gobind Singh IP University, Delhi

College of Business Studies, Delhi

Madurai University, Tamil Nadu

Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra

SMU.
13th March 2011, 12:35 AM
mukul0094
Banned

Quote:
dear sir

so please reply to me

Yes, a commerce is eligible for BCA course. If you done 12th from commerce stream then you are eligible for BCA course. Many college is offering for this course. I give u some top college name which is offer for this course.
1. KiiT university.
2. ViT university.
3. SRM university.
4. Manipal university.
5. IGNOU.
and some other state college.
13th March 2011, 07:22 AM
sumitkumarsharma
Senior Member+

Wink Re: Qualification required for BCA course. Can a commerce student apply for BCA ?

Dear friend yes you are surely eligible for BCA.............

because for BCA YOU must pass 12th from mathematics subject and this you have............

that's why you are eligible for BCA........You give the entrance and take admission...........

For BCA only minimum criteria is 12th with mathematics subject.............
13th March 2011, 08:10 AM
Taurus47
Senior Member+

hii

Qualification required for BCA course
es a commerce student can apply for BCA course.BCA or Bachelor of compyter application is a very good course.
Eligibility:-
Education Qualification:
The minimum education qualification required for the BCA course is 12th.
Minimum 60% marks in 12th class.
SOME best colleges for BCA:-
IGNOU
AMITY university
MANIPAL university etc
commerce students are eligible to do BCA and MCA. Even Arts students are eligiblr for the same.
Generally Mathematics is considered to be compulsary subject to get admission in BCA.
But now days most of the universities provide admission to BCA even without having Mathematics at 10+2 level. Like- IGNOU, Amity University, Manipal University, etc.
But during semesters you need to study one extra subject i.e MTE (Mathematical Instrument)

good luck
13th March 2011, 09:47 AM
Aman Sapra

Yes a Commerce student can apply or can get admissions in BCA.

Every college has their own criteria for admitting students in BCA course.

Most of the colleges ask for 60% marks at the 10th and 12th standards.
20th March 2011, 09:42 AM
Unregistered

can commerce student without maths do bca ??????
23rd March 2011, 11:33 AM
rkrishnakumar

AM A 12 th student with commerce,economics accounts, bussiness maths student ilike to join BcA IN CHENNAI IF IT IS POSSIBLE GIVE ME THE COLLEGE DETAILS
tHANKu
27th March 2011, 03:06 AM
Unregistered

Dear Sir,

Hi..I completed my H.S.C (Commerce) in 2004 and due to some family issues there was break up of 4-5 years within this 4-5 years i was employed with some IT companies at a junior Desktop level Engg type...! And now as i have got some time to manage so i have prepared myself to take admission in B.C.A, cause i am interested in becoming a software programmer / Developer.
But i just wanted to know that will the above gap's between 4-5 years effect my carrer..! B'cause in this present competative world no company cares of anyone..! B'cause they can hier one-by-one
guy's with better experience in IT world with good marks and having no gaps in theis Education..!

Please Advice me..! As i know very well that B.C.A is a 3 yrs course and also i have searched carrer options after B.C.A on google...which say's that the student's should complete M.C.A after doing
B.C.A to build his/her carreer in IT at the top level..!

And that means I have to again go for M.C.A afetr completing my B.C.A..!

Please advice me..! Am i correct..!
29th March 2011, 01:40 PM
Unregistered

i've opted for commerce with computer science.can i go for cbca after 12th ..!
2nd April 2011, 09:13 PM
Unregistered

dear sir, i am in tenth .i am very confuse about my career . i am not so good in maths as i am in science. i want to ask that it will be correct 4 me to do BCA after 12th . and if not then suggest something better 4 me .
3rd April 2011, 09:08 PM
balathegreat
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Qualification required for BCA course. Can a commerce student apply for BCA ?

Yes your second friend is right. A commerce student can apply for BCA and

you can easily get it. But one little draw back is not taking maths in 12th. but

certain number of colleges are there who doesn't expect maths. you must

search for it. You also don't have computer science. so it is little bit tough for

you to get BCA seat.
4th April 2011, 12:22 AM
Unregistered

Hello Sir, i m student of 12th cbse....recently i gave my boards....and i m thinking to do BCA after 12th.....i m in commerce stream....subject i have accontancy,economics,bst,english n I.P(informatics practices)......but i dont have maths.....

Sir, can u suggest me some institution in navi-mumbai....from where i can do BCA.....
11th April 2011, 08:01 PM
Unregistered

sir i m 10th passed with 52.46% i want to a bca i hava recently complete my 12th exam plz tell me can u giving me admision for bca?
13th April 2011, 01:14 PM
Unregistered

Sir my name is viraj! I have done my 12th frm isc board nd got 48% marks nd 24marks in maths! Bt i am clear pass as in isc best 4subjects r taken! Sir i want to do b.c.a plz tell me the colleges wich suits me! Plz sir! Thank you!
25th April 2011, 01:35 PM
Unregistered

I AM A PARA SCINCE STUDENTS.I HAD THE COMBINATIONS IN H.S ARE-NUTRITION,BIOLOGY,CHEMISTRY AND COMPUTER APPLICATION.I WANT TO JOIN IN BCA COURSE.CAN I JOIN?OR MATHS IS A COMPULSORY SUBJECT FOR THIS?
26th April 2011, 11:05 AM
Unregistered

hi i completed diploma(after 10th) can i do bca in regular college? answer me immediately
27th April 2011, 12:06 PM
Unregistered

qualification required for B C A course. Can a Computer Science student apply for B C A ?
27th April 2011, 12:11 PM
Unregistered

Qualification rquired for B C A course. Can a Science group student apply for BCA ?
30th April 2011, 10:39 AM
strange_rahul
Senior Member+

Default Re: Qualification required for BCA course. Can a co

Yes you can apply for BCA ..every student which complete his 12th in any stream are eligible for BCA....
1st May 2011, 05:15 PM
Unregistered

i want to do bca but i dont have maths can i do bca without maths..??
plz reply
2nd May 2011, 11:55 AM
Unregistered

which course is better bca or other
5th May 2011, 11:50 PM
Unregistered

i get 52% marks in 2, sir i want to know that can i get admission in BCA .
23rd May 2011, 01:29 PM
Unregistered

sir, i got 82% in 10th , 64.8% in 12th board. am i elligible for any reputed engineering colleges !!!! sir plzzzz help
25th May 2011, 10:51 AM
stranger351

Smile Re: Qualification required for BCA course. Can a commerce student apply for BCA ?

Yes of course ..why not..???
If you completed your 12th and if you want to doing BCA then you are eligible for doing same..
Maths is not compulsory subject for doing BCA ..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	YES-why-not.png
Views:	307
Size:	12.3 KB
ID:	31931  
27th May 2011, 01:49 PM
Unregistered

if i can do bca from manipal university then i can apply for ips competion
27th May 2011, 01:51 PM
Unregistered

if I can do bca from manipal university then i can apply for ips
29th May 2011, 03:17 PM
Unregistered

i have completed 12th with 54% marks. am i eligible for BCA? can i get admission in any bca college in ahmedabad??
7th June 2011, 02:06 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir,
i am a commerce student bt i don't have mathematics instead of tht i have computerscience i can do bsc and bca thn i want to do job in usa can i get some job in usa and at last i will do DD in usa .sir now i came to 1 thn i will do 2 and i will complete my college and i want to do job in usa can i do sir

please reply me sir i want a qualifications
9th June 2011, 09:42 AM
Unregistered

Am a computer science student with passed 70%marks in 2,after mca i have to study software engineer
22nd June 2011, 02:56 PM
Unregistered

sir is computer neccasary in 2 for b.c.a
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?