25th February 2011, 08:51 PM
Unregistered

How to join Indian Army after 10th? Does height matter in becoming an Army Officer?

SIR' I AM Prateek Kharb and i am IN 10TH CLASS. I got 85% marks in exams of first semester. what should i do to join Indian Army? is height matters to becoming an ARMY officer?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I join Indian Army as an Army Officer after having a height of 167 cms?
  2. Does height matters to join Indian Army as Officer?
  3. How to join Indian Army having completed B.Com this year and with a height of 5.2 feet?
  4. Am I eligible to join Indian Army with 159 cms Height, having secured 56% in 10th being a 17 years old student?
  5. Is there any quota available to become an Officer in Indian Army for a candidate whose father is an Ex-Army Officer?
  6. How to join Indian Army after passing 10th? What is the criteria to join Indian Army?
  7. Am I eligible to join Indian Army if secured 73% in 10th having 61 kgs weight and 5'8" height being a 16 years old candidate?
  8. Am I eligible to join the Indian Army without completing Class 10th? Is it possible to pursue class 10th while working for the Indian Army? -- [New]
  9. How can i join Indian Army after completing 10th with 95%
  10. How to join Indian Army to become an officer or soldier? I have completed 10th wth 74%
  11. What are the requirement to join Indian Army? I have a weight of 65 Kg
  12. Procedure to join Indian Army for a son of an Ex-Army Officer? Is there any use of SLC certificate?
  13. Am I eligible to join Indian Army after completing 12th Arts with 50%? Minimum and Maximum height required to join Indian Army?
  14. Can I join Indian Army being a candidate with a height of 5 Feet and 5 inches?
  15. How to join Indian Army after passing 10th?
  16. How a Nepali 10th class Kendriya Vidyalaya student can join Indian Army?
  17. Procedure to apply for Clerical post in Indian Army for 12th student?
  18. Procedure to join Indian Army after 12th Commerce as a Army Officer? -- [Most Discussed]
25th February 2011, 10:16 PM
xavi

Default Re: How to join Indian Army after 10th? Does height matter in becoming an Army Officer?

HI
-- you can......
1)join it as an sipahi after completing your 10th.
--YOU NEED COMPLETE YOUR +2 FIRST
--THEN U BECOME ELIGIBLE
]--the minimum eligibility for army selection is ..
--you should be 12th pass....ie. should be at-least 17yrs old.....
--so try for it when you cross 17th or your 12th standard board exams....

]--) you can......
1)join it as an sipahi after completing your 10th.
2) write the NDA exam after 12th and can become an officer .
3) write the CDS exam after completing your diploma or degree.

--Physical Standards : The applicant should fulfill the following physical standards -

Height should be 167 cms.

Weight should be 50 kgs.
Chest should be 77/82 cm.
The general health should be free from all the communicable, infectious disease, medical or surgical deformities.

all the best
25th February 2011, 11:00 PM
arvind_singh
Banned

Default Re: How to join Indian Army after 10th? Does height matter in becoming an Army Officer?

hello friend

as you have got 85 % marks in 10 th class it means that you want to join as a officer .
but right now you can not join army for that you should pass your class 12 th .

for joining as officer you can give NDA exam held every year in month of april -may for that you have to opt science stream .you can give this exam when you re in class 11th
and if you get selected then you will be called for SSB and if you clear it then only after passing your class 12 th exam you can join as officer

if you get more then 60% in pcm in class 12th then you can go for technical entry scheme .
26th February 2011, 12:20 AM
sanjay kumar saini
Senior Member+

Hi Friend,

you are asking about joining of Indian army you can surely join,but you are saying that i am in 10th class and i also secure 85% marks in semester .

This does not clear your question whether you are pursuing 10th class or you are doing B.Tech or any other graduation.

But as per our clearence of question after 10th you can join Indian Army by giving National Defence Examination which is firstly a written paper than a physical test.if you pass in written exam .

Hence you had asked for height criteria yes there is requirement of good height but you must be not as such that you can not give the physical test.your height must be greater or equal to 5.5 ft and you must have balanced physique.
26th February 2011, 01:24 AM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

Yes you can join Indian Army after 10th but not as an Army Officer but as a Soldier.

I would suggest you to wait for another 2 years and answer NDA after you pass 12th.

Its an entrance exam which recruits candidates for Defense services of India. The eligibility is that you should get atleast 60%

Yes height does matter and its most important. The minimum height is different for different posts but on an average 157 Cms is a must
26th February 2011, 02:31 AM
foreturner
Senior Member+

well to join indian army as an army officer you have to appear

for exams like NDA, CDSE etc.

so you need to get higher education at least +2 then you can appear

for NDA ( including +2 appearing candidates can apply as well)

or you can get an engineering degree and apply for CDSE

Physical requirements are not same for all the wings

of Defense forces... generally it is minimum 165 cm for men.

with more conditions such as vision chest expansion etc.

read in detail @
http://www.upsc.gov.in
26th February 2011, 07:20 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

To join as an officer you need to complete at least the 12th standard. With a 10th score you can only join as a jawan. You will have to join the National Defense Academy after clearing the entrance exam for the same. You do have another option to join after graduation. The minimum height required is 157 cms.
26th February 2011, 08:52 AM
G-rocks
Senior Member++

Yes you can get a job after your 10th, But not as a officer.You will be a cook .I don't think you'll go for it.So I suggest you to complete the 12th exam so that you can appear in various entrance exam and by qualifying them you can get the job you dreamed for.
26th February 2011, 10:01 AM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: How to join Indian Army after 10th? Does height matter in becoming an Army Officer?

Hi

You can join Indian Army after after 10th but not as on officer. You can
join Indian Army after 10+2 as an officer through NDA exam.

NDA is the exam conducted by the UPSC twice in a year named as
NDA I and NDA II. To apply for this exam you should be 10+2 pass in
any discipline from a recognized institute. You can also apply for the
NDA exam when you appeared in the 10+2 exam.

The age limit for the NDA exam is between 16½ - 19 years at the time of
training.

Height
The minimum acceptable height in the Indian Army for the officer rank is
157.6 cm. So you should not be below this height if you want to join Indian
Army as an officer.

For more information on various entry schemes in Indian Army visit the
official web site of Indian Army which is
http://indianarmy.nic.in

GOOD LUCK
26th February 2011, 11:14 AM
rks@estate
Senior Member+

Hello Friend,

Yes, height matter to becoming an Army Officer in Indian Army.

In Indian Army minimum eligibility is passed 10th & 12th standard with Physic, Chemistry & Maths with a minimum of 70% marks from a regonised board.

Age for Indian Army after 10th = 16 years to 19 Years.

Eyesight = 6/6 in each eye with OR without glasses.

Minimum height = 157.5 cm and

Chest expansion = 5 cm.

Marrital Status = Unmarried

For detailed & updated information visit Indian Army official website i.e. www.indianarmy.nic.in

Good Luck
26th February 2011, 12:17 PM
mayank shekhar singh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
SIR' I AM Prateek Kharb and i am IN 10TH CLASS. I got 85% marks in exams of first semester. what should i do to join Indian Army? is height matters to becoming an ARMY officer?
Indian army need 12th pass and height should matter in army .
thank's
27th February 2011, 10:12 AM
Unregistered

i am in 12 std,tell me whether i m
eligible for the upcoming april exam
or not ? if yes then wht i have to do?
27th February 2011, 12:03 PM
Unregistered

I am in 12 std,tell me whether i m
eligible for the upcoming april exam
or not ? if yes then wht i have to do?
27th February 2011, 05:45 PM
Unregistered

I have already 21 year old and i passed 10th standard and I.T.I. COE PMBT
Can i join army and how to join?
6th March 2011, 01:19 PM
Unregistered

can i join army as an officer after b.com through women special entery scheme
2nd April 2011, 01:39 AM
Unregistered

I VERY VERY INTERESTING MILITARY JOB MY AGE 21 MY PHONE NUM BER IS 8897319988 ANYONE HEIP
13th April 2011, 01:40 PM
Unregistered

Sir i am in hs 1st year i want to join Indian army how should i apply i dont want live any more as a sibelian
14th April 2011, 03:12 PM
Unregistered

CAN WE APPLY FOR NAVAL ENGINEERING TRAINING AFTER PASSING CLASS 10TH?
14th April 2011, 10:22 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hey friend,

The information regarding how to join in Indian army and other procedures are mentioned below:

General Eligibility Criteria:
Unmarried male Indian citizens (including those of Nepal) are eligible.

Essential Qualification:
Matriculation or equivalent with Mathematics, English and Science.

Age Limits:
16 to 23 years.

Physical Standards:
Height - 167 cms, relaxable for certain regions.
Weight - 50 kg, relaxable for certain regions.
Chest - 77/82 cm.

Medical Standards
A candidate should have robust physique and good mental health. Chest should be well developed having minimum 5 cms expansion. Should have normal hearing with each ear and good binocular vision in both eyes. He should be able to read 6/6 in distant vision chart with each eye. Colour vision should be CP-III. Should recognize red and green colours. Should have sufficient number of natural healthy gum and teeth i.e. minimum 14 dental points. Should not have disease like deformity of bones, hydrocele and varicocle or piles.

Thank you.
15th April 2011, 01:18 AM
Unregistered

Absolutely height matters in Indian defence forces. Generaly height of 157 cm is required to join defence forces, but some relation is there for North-East Indian candidates.

You cannot join Indian Army on the basis of 10th.

You can join by appearing in NDA examination conducted by UPSC twice in a year. Minimum educational qualification for this exam is to be 10 2 passout with any of the stream. Height must not be less than 157 cm and weight according to height. Age must be in between 16 1/2 to19 years.

You should continue your studies atleast upto 12th standard so that to seek a good carrier in defence forces.
15th April 2011, 11:33 PM
balathegreat
Senior Member+

sorry you cannot join in indian army after 10th because you need atleast

12th std pass for joining in indian army through NDA exam. After the written

exam you will be called for physical test where the height is an important thing

which is checked.
19th April 2011, 11:04 PM
Car Hire

Default Car Hire Alicante Airport

Thank you for the work you have done into the post, it helps clear up some questions I had.
20th April 2011, 02:22 PM
Unregistered

In which way i am apply after twelth
21st April 2011, 06:38 AM
AYUSH KUMAR YADAV
Senior Member+

Yes a person can join Indian Army after 10th but not as an Army Officer but as a Soldier.if you want to join as an army officer then you have to pass 12th,you should get at least 60%
30th April 2011, 11:49 PM
Unregistered

Hello,
My name is Sumit. I am in Class XII, from commerce stream.I got 80 % in X.Can i Join army after XII?
3rd May 2011, 03:19 PM
saket rathore

Sir, my name is Saket and i am in class 12th and i have opt for pcb in 12th and my height is 179.89 cm...,so i want to know that am i eligibile for Indian Army..?
As i am very much interested to join Indian Army....

Please reply.
Thank you.
7th May 2011, 10:23 PM
Unregistered

DEAR SIR,
How can i join Indian Army as direct Rank of Havildhar after 12 th commerce with NCC "B" certificate ?
9th May 2011, 04:14 PM
Unregistered

sir,i compleated 12th class with 58%. can i join in the Army
15th May 2011, 02:33 PM
Unregistered

sir,i compleated 12th class with 52%. can i givenda exam and join in the Army.
Prajapat Manojkumar Gopalbhai from Ahmedabad gujarat
29th May 2011, 01:05 AM
Unregistered

sir
my name is aditya pratap singh i m in 10 class my age is 15 yrs my height is 5ft.10inch my dream is to become a special force army but i m not good in study but i m physicaly very strong ,in my school i m the winner of 1000,100,400 mtr race i m the player of football and i know about guns & black hawks, tanks ,ships ,sir plz can u tell me can i join the indian special force army my number is 8010054096
4th June 2011, 05:18 PM
Unregistered

sir,
Mysefl Lakshay Madaan, I have just completed 10th class with 9.2 as grade point. I have chosen commerce stream. I want to enquire that can i join indian army with this stream? Is there any job opportunity for me with this stream? And physically I am totally fit eligible. My height is 6ft. and 2inch.
please respond to me as early as possible.
thanking you
9th June 2011, 01:53 PM
Unregistered

minimum requirements to join indian army as a officer
20th June 2011, 07:49 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayank shekhar singh View Post
Indian army need 12th pass and height should matter in army .
thank's
vikash chahar india army need 12th ITI diploma pass and hight should matter in army

[email protected]
22nd June 2011, 11:38 PM
Unregistered

sir
my name is Vishnu i am pass 10th class at 80% mark can i join indian army ? physically i am totally fit. my please respond me

thank u
24th June 2011, 12:18 AM
Unregistered

can i join indian army after diploma
1st July 2011, 03:01 PM
Unregistered

hello sir. This s gautham am 21years old i have discountued my diploma in mechanical engineering. So how can john in indian army
5th July 2011, 02:50 PM
Unregistered

sir i Completed 10th class & i got 73.6% can join army college
16th July 2011, 08:29 PM
Unregistered

whats requirement in indian army to candidates
26th July 2011, 06:41 PM
Unregistered

I AM 23 Year Old And I Completed my 12th class can i join the army
28th July 2011, 10:03 PM
saasmari
Senior Member++

hi,
as per academic qualification you need to complete your 12th .
for getting into army you have standards for height
the minimum height is 160cm for male
2nd August 2011, 09:39 PM
K ANKIT RAO

Thumbs down

Helo sir my name is k ankit rao i am fro cg i am studing in 10 standerd and i want do my 11 class in any army institution .so can u help and tell me the details of it
5th August 2011, 05:49 PM
Unregistered

hello sir my name is damodar and i am intrested to join indiam army and my age is 19 so tell me the details of it.
12th August 2011, 04:38 PM
Unregistered

Hi my name is nazir ahmad and i have passed 10th class under 72% and i am 17years 5 months old but my height is 5.4 inch can i join army,c.r.p.f and b.s.f
13th August 2011, 04:42 PM
Unregistered

How to join army after genral nursing & midwedfery course
15th August 2011, 11:16 AM
Unregistered

how to join indian army after 10th standard
16th August 2011, 04:34 PM
Unregistered

can ijoin indian army
12th October 2011, 05:51 PM
Unregistered

sir i am diploma student i pass 12th in vocational sub.[electronic telecommunication] how to join Indian army i am interested to join
15th October 2011, 01:29 AM
Rohit Vashisht
Senior Member+

Absolutely, height eligiblity is as important as age or educational qualification eligibility.
According to your age and educational qualification, right now it will be too early to join defence forces. Atleast you must wait for two years and first complete your 10+2. After qualifying 10+2, you will be eligible to appear for NDA examination.

National Defence Academy (NDA) examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). NDA exam is conducted twice in a year in the month of April and August. To be eligible for the exam, the candidate must have qualified 10+2 with any of the stream and along with this he must be a unmarried Indian within the age limit of 16 1/2 to 19 years on the date of joining. If the candidate is willing to join Navy or AirForce wing, than he must have PCM at 10+2.
15th October 2011, 05:35 PM
Unregistered

Hi,
I am Rahul i completed my b.com 2009 with 61% marks. I have NCC 'B' certificate. My age is 25 years. Please advice me there is any chance to join Indian Army.
Thank You.
15th October 2011, 09:24 PM
Unregistered

my height is 154cm and my weight is 40 kg and m in std 11th arts student
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?