9th October 2017, 07:25 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to take interior designing course after completion of 11th commerce without science subject?

Am I eligible to take the interior designing course after completion of 11th commerce without science subject? Can you please let me know the minimum criteria which are needed to apply? Awaiting for your response soon as possible. Thank you!

10th October 2017, 06:31 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to take interior designing course after completion of 11th commerce without science subject?

Yes, you can pursue interior designing course even after being a commerce student. But you have to follow these criteria:-

Duration:- 4 years, Bachelor of Design (Interior Design) and 1 year for diploma course.

Qualification:- pass in 10+2 or 3 years diploma by the central/state government or equivalent qualification from any board.

This course does not consist any entrance test.
10th October 2017, 09:08 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Am I eligible to take interior designing course after completion of 11th commerce without science subject?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Am I eligible to take the interior designing course after completion of 11th commerce without science subject? Can you please let me know the minimum criteria which are needed to apply? Awaiting for your response soon as possible. Thank you!

Sorry, to inform you that after XIth in commerce you are not eligible to apply for interior designing course, because minimum qualification required to apply for interior designing course is 10+2 or equivalent qualification from government recognized institute with minimum 50% marks obtained.

>> So according to my opinion you must have to complete your 10+2 and then apply for interior designing course. Here below are details regarding courses for which you can apply after completing your 10+2.

Interior Designing Courses after 10+2:-

>> BA in Interior designing.

>> B.Des in Interior designing.

>> B.SC in Interior designing.

>> BFA in Interior designing.
10th October 2017, 10:40 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Pass in 12th is the basic qualification for interior designing courses.

After completing the 12th course, you can pursue degree level, diploma level or certificate courses in interior designing.

In order to pursue B.Arch in interior designing, you have to clear NATA exam.

To pursue this course you must have passed 12th science as the main subject.

Admission to courses like:-

B.Sc in interior designing, diploma in interior design,etc is offered on the basis of merit.
10th October 2017, 11:01 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

The minimum eligibility criteria to pursue a course in interior designing is a past in the plus two level of examination from a recognised board in an instrument however, beside having a good academic background one must possess accident drawing and design skills also. There are various institutes which offers undergraduate com post graduate and diploma programs in interior designing. Candidate we need to qualify entrance examination, is required that judges the drawing and designing skills.
So you are eligible to study Interior Designing course after passing your 12th standard commerce stream.
10th October 2017, 11:07 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Yes definitely you are eligible to pursue Interior Designing course after 12th with commerce stream because as per the minimum qualification candidate must have done 12th in any discipline from a recognised board in order to pursue Interior Designing course. You have to qualify the entrance exam conducted by the respective University in order to get admission in government college.
Institutes offering interior designing courses:

CEPT, Ahmedabad

NID, Ahmedabad

JJ school of Art, Mumbai

School of interior Design, Ahmedabad and Bangalore.

Srishti school of Art, design and technology, Bangalore
10th October 2017, 11:41 PM
sapphire1

For B.Sc interior designing, the candidates should have 12th with minimum 50% marks from an affiliated board. This is 3 years course. B.Arch in interior designing is 4 years course and for this, you need 12th in PCM.

Job prospects:

Interior Design Firms
Furniture Manufacturing and Designing firms
Interior Design shops
Architecture and Design Firms
Infrastructure and Property Developers

Here are some best institutes for BSc Interior designing:

JD Institute of Fashion Technology, Mumbai
IMS Design and Innovation Academy
Hamstech Institute of Fashion and Interior Design, Hyderabad
Amity University, Lucknow
National Institute of designing, Ahmedabad
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?