10th February 2017, 06:18 AM
Unregistered

Can a debarred student of Anna University write GATE exam?

Hello sir, I am a debarred student in Anna University due to lack of attendance and now I will complete my degree in this year. I don't have arrears. Am I eligible to write Gate exam?

15th February 2017, 01:13 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a debarred student of Anna University write GATE exam?

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. This entrance examination is conducted by IIT or IISC for admission of candidates in Master of technology in different technical institutes like IITs, NITs and other government engineering colleges etc.

The eligibility criteria for GATE exam is that candidate must have done bachelor's degree in technology or engineering from a recognized university or master's degree in science or computer applications. Final year candidates can also apply for this exam.

Yes, you will be eligible to apply for GATE 2018 even if you were debarred in Anna University due to low attendance. The notification for GATE 2018 will be released in September, 2017.
15th February 2017, 07:51 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a debarred student of Anna University write GATE exam?

The full form of GATE is Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

Eligibility criteria for GATE entrance exam:

1. Bachelor of technology or engineering from a recognized university. Final year B.Tech candidates can also apply for exam.

At present, you do not have arrears, you can apply for next GATE exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?