3rd January 2010, 10:26 PM
preetykalash

Eligibility to appear for Food Science and Tech group for JRF exam while pursuing Home Science in graduation?

Hello, I am pursuing Home Science in Graduation level. So wanted to know if I am eligible for food science and tech. group for JRF exams if I take Food and Nutrition as elective.

Related Questions:
  1. Last 10 years question papers of JRF Home Science? I am pursuing graduation from BSc Home Science
  2. Am I eligible for JRF CSIR exam? I am pursuing B.Tech from Food Technology
  3. Reference books for the preparations of JRF exams in Food Science and Technology group?
  4. Eligibility to study PhD in Food and Nutrition for M.Sc(Home Science) candidate?
  5. Can I apply for food security officer after pursuing BSc food and nutrition home science?
  6. B.Sc pass course student can do M.Sc in Food Technology?
  7. Should I go for M.Sc in Food and Nutrition if done B.Sc in Home Science?
  8. Am i eligible for Food Inspector job being physically handicapped?
  9. Being a Home Science graduate can I do B.Ed in Science and English rather Home Science? Options other than B.Ed?
  10. Can I pursue PG Diploma in Dietetics (Distance Learning) after 24 years of completing BA in Home Science Majoring in Human Psychology and Food Science? -- [New]
  11. Eligibility criteria for pursuing Post Graduation in Food microbiology?
  12. JRF Exam in Plant Science Group: How to prepare? Model Papers? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Dietitian or Nutritionist after B.Sc in home science and M.Sc in food nutrition?
  14. Can I go for the entrance exam of food inspector after masters in Food and Nutrition?
  15. NET Home Science (Paper III) Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  16. What is the eligibility to appper CSIR, ICMR, ICAR NET/JRF for food technology post graduation after completion of graduation?
  17. Books to be referred for UGC NET exam? Information about JRF and SLAT?
  18. What is the syllabus of NET(JRF) for home science
13th September 2016, 10:24 AM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to appear for Food Science and Tech group for JRF exam while pursuing Home Science in graduation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by preetykalash View Post
Hello, I am pursuing Home Science in Graduation level. So wanted to know if I am eligible for food science and tech. group for JRF exams if I take Food and Nutrition as elective.
Currently, you are not eligible for applying JRF exam.

To be eligible for JRF exam, you must register/enrol yourself for Ph.D/integrated Ph.D. programme within the validity period of two years.

Also, you must have Bachelor degree or MS-Ph.D program with at least 55% marks to be eligible for JRF exam after qualifying NET exam conducted by CSIR twice in June and December.

As you are pursuing now your graduation, so now you are not eligible for JRF exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?