21st May 2017, 05:58 PM
Unregistered

Which group should I take in 11th for pursuing Fashion Designing?

I am studying 10th standard now. My future ambition is Fashion designing. I like that job very much. So what group can I take in 11th standard for fashion designing.

Related Questions:
21st May 2017, 08:41 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which group should I take in 11th for pursuing Fashion Designing?

Eligibility to pursue fashion designing degree course:

As you have completed your 10th standard now you can pursue your 11th and 12th standard in any discipline in which you are interested because to pursue fashion designing degree course in future there is no need to go for any specific stream because a candidate from any stream can join fashion designing degree course.
So you can opt the stream in which you are interested either science, arts or commerce.
21st May 2017, 09:55 PM
help100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am studying 10th standard now. My future ambition is Fashion designing. I like that job very much. So what group can I take in 11th standard for fashion designing.
Look you need not to worry about, what you need to choose in your 11th standard as because entrance exam for fashion designing is open to all streams, but if you choose science stream you would be on the higher end because of the knowledge base you would be having or else there is no such advantages.

You need to start preparing yourself once you get into 11th standard regarding entrance exam, because first stage is of written MCQ where questions are generally from GK, Logical Reasoning, English and Quants. But after that you need to qualify Situation Test followed by GD and PI. So, start preparing yourself on your own or take a admission in institution for guidance.

Hope the above information is of use to you, for further query please do let us know.

Good Luck,

Help100%
21st May 2017, 11:08 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

To be a fashion designer you need to follow the given below eligibility criteria:

1. Minimum qualification required to be fashion designer is a candidate must have passed 12th in any discipline from a recognised board with minimum 50% marks and if he or she wants to pursue a government scene then he has to appear Indian 10th exam such as NIFT, NIFD, SOFT.

2. Age should not be less than 17 years.

3. So you can opt for any stream in your 11th standard in which you are interested.
22nd May 2017, 02:06 AM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

For B.Des course candidates must have completed intermediate in any stream from a recognized board. For Bachelor in Fashion Technology course candidates must have completed intermediate in PCM group from a recognized board. Now it depends on you that which course you want to pursue. Thanks
22nd May 2017, 11:12 PM
isargie

Fashion designing is field where knowledge about trending fashion, textile industry,clothing,etc is essential.
There are various courses available on undergraduate,graduate , post-graduate level which needs basic 12th standard educational qualification with minimum 50% overall.
There is no restriction for stream selection , you can opt any of science,commerce,arts after 10th.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?