8th February 2023, 07:22 PM
Unregistered

How can I apply for job in India after BDS from Nepal?

I am an Indian citizen and I have done BDS in Nepal. How can I apply for job in India. Please help me with the steps to be taken to get lisence and registered to work in India.

16th February 2023, 10:52 PM
NaubiShah

Default Re: How can I apply for job in India after BDS from Nepal?

As an Indian citizen with a BDS degree from Nepal, you can apply for a job in India by following these steps:
  • Obtain registration from the Dental Council of India (DCI): To practice as a dentist in India, you must obtain registration from the DCI. You can do this by submitting an application to the DCI along with the required documents, such as your BDS degree certificate, mark sheets, and internship completion certificate.
  • Obtain a state dental council registration: Once you have obtained registration from the DCI, you will need to obtain a registration from the state dental council where you intend to practice. You can do this by submitting an application to the state dental council along with the required documents and fees.
  • Apply for jobs: After obtaining registration from the DCI and state dental council, you can start applying for jobs in India. You can search for job openings online or through dental professional organizations.

To obtain registration from the Dental Council of India as a BDS graduate, you can follow these steps:

Apply for registration: Submit an application for registration to the Dental Council of India (DCI) along with the required documents. The application form can be downloaded from the DCI website.

Pay registration fee: Pay the required fee for registration, which is usually around Rs. 3000.

Submit required documents: Submit the following documents along with the application form:
  • Copy of BDS degree certificate
  • Copy of internship completion certificate
  • Copy of provisional registration certificate from the State Dental Council
  • Copy of passport and visa (for foreign nationals)
  • Any other document specified by the DCI

Verification of documents: The DCI will verify the submitted documents and your eligibility for registration.

Registration: Once the verification process is completed, you will be registered with the DCI and will receive a registration certificate.

After obtaining registration with the DCI, you can apply for jobs in India as a BDS graduate. You might or might not need to complete additional requirements such as clearing the Foreign Dental Graduates Examination (FDGE) conducted by the National Board of Examinations (NBE) before practicing in India.

~Regards
Naubahar Shah
BBA, M.Com, NET Qualified
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?