25th July 2020, 07:29 PM
Jigar m

How can I become a Food Inspector and what are the job duties of Food Inspector?

Hi, I am about to complete my M.Sc Biotechnology. So, can I become Food Inspector after this degree? Is Food Inspector and Food Technologist same? What is the standard duties and responsibilities of Food Inspector? Any entrance requirements?

3rd September 2020, 04:05 PM
ruckshana

Post Re: How can I become a Food Inspector and what are the job duties of Food Inspector?

Eligibility requirements to become a Food Inspector are as follows:
1. Candidates age should be between 18 and 25.
2. Candidates with completed graduation in medicine or have a bachelor's degree in agriculture, pharmacy, food technology and dairy technology.

The most popular exam conducted in the country is UPSC All India Food Inspector exam. Various state public service exams are also conducted for state level exam.

Duties of food inspector:
* To procure and send for analysis, sample of any article of food, which he has reason to suspect, are being manufactured, stocked or sold or exhibited to sale in contravention of the provision of the Act or rules framed thereunder.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?