8th May 2019, 07:01 PM
Unregistered

How can I join in Indian Army after finishing Civil Engineering?

Sir, I'm a girl, now studying in 5th semester in Civil Engineering. Is there any opportunities for girls in Indian Army? If yes, then how can I join? Which post will I get? What would be the pay scale of that post?

13th May 2019, 12:11 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I join in Indian Army after finishing Civil Engineering?

Yes, you will be join Indian Army after qualifying in CDS examination.

You will become eligible to appear for the examination after the completion of bachelor degree or in the final semester of the course.

After qualifying in the examination, you will become eligible for recruitment as an officer in Indian Army.
13th May 2019, 06:57 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Being a girl and third year student of degree in engineering, you can join OTA (Officer's Training Academy) by qualifying CDS entrance examination held by UPSC twice every year after completion of your degree course in engineering.

--> Further, the minimum qualifications required to appear in CDS entrance examination for joining OTA are as here under :-

* You must hold the citizenship of India.

* Your age must lie within 20 years to 25 years,

* You must have completed your degree course in engineering from a recognized university. Students pursuing final year of their bachelor degree course are also eligible.

* You must hold the physical fitness as per the service requirement norms.

For more details regarding the CDS entrance examination, you can refer to the official link of UPSC www.upsc.gov.in.
10th June 2019, 09:57 PM
palabhishek1499

One can join Indian Army, through different exam as
{1}CDS(combined defense service)
{2}UES(university entry scheme)
{3}TGC(technical graduate course)
{4}Territorial Army
{5}SSC-technical
These all are technical entry, hence all required B.tech degree.Thus, one can apply for these exam and have to clear SSB.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?