12th September 2010, 07:00 PM
zeeshan92

How much percentage is required for IES entrance exam? What are the requirements for Railway Engineering? What is the pay scale of IES and Railway Engineering and what type of questions are asked in IES and Railway Engineering exam?

i am engineering student form ece branch. i want to kknow abt IES exam. in IES exam how much percentage should be required.and also want to know abt railway engineering what its requirement .and what is the pay scale of IES and railway engineering. and what type of question asked in IES and RAILWAY engineering.and which book i prefere for these exams

21st May 2011, 04:18 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How much percentage is required for IES entrance exam? What are the requirements for Railway Engineering? What is the pay scale of IES and Railway Engineering and what type of questions are asked in IES and Railway Engineering exam?

What is the cut off for electronics engneering n Engineering Services Exam 2010?
15th June 2011, 10:53 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How much percentage is required for IES entrance exam? What are the requirements for Railway Engineering? What is the pay scale of IES and Railway Engineering and what type of questions are asked in IES and Railway Engineering exam?

i am a mechanical and automation students do i need to prepare for civil , eee,ece syallbus aswell???
3rd July 2011, 09:18 PM
Unregistered

i m begining my engineering this year and i want to clear IES test.
so plz recruit me wich engineering stream must i prefer to clear the test with ease.
will civil be easy as compared to mechanical or ece.
12th July 2011, 08:10 PM
Unregistered

presently i am in 9th standard and previously regularly scoring 85-90%. now i am willing for a railway career after 12th in technical field. how should i prepare for the entrance exam .
18th July 2011, 02:03 PM
Unregistered

can i know the details about caste reservations in any of the educational institutions?
18th July 2011, 04:25 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
presently i am in 9th standard and previously regularly scoring 85-90%. now i am willing for a railway career after 12th in technical field. how should i prepare for the entrance exam .
99-100 is minimum requirement and also you can score more than 100
19th July 2011, 11:15 AM
Unregistered

what is the differance between upsc and ies.
21st July 2011, 10:43 AM
Unregistered

i finished my 12th with marks in pcm as 92%. now i joined civil engineering this year . can i write IES exam now???
21st July 2011, 06:24 PM
Unregistered

for how many marks they r conducting exam.....?
22nd July 2011, 11:04 AM
Unregistered

What is the expected date for the announcement of Indian engineering services result 2011 ece.
23rd July 2011, 08:14 PM
Unregistered

does percetage o
f 12 play any role in ies exam
26th July 2011, 11:52 PM
Unregistered

sir what is percentage requirement for ies exam in graduation&10,12
3rd August 2011, 06:54 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeshan92 View Post
i am engineering student form ece branch. i want to kknow abt IES exam. in IES exam how much percentage should be required.and also want to know abt railway engineering what its requirement .and what is the pay scale of IES and railway engineering. and what type of question asked in IES and RAILWAY engineering.and which book i prefere for these exams
sir what is percentage requirement for ies exam in graduation&10,12
23rd July 2011 08:14 PM

Source: http://entrance-exam.net/forum/newreply.php?do=postreply&t=39995#ixzz1Ty5A6ctU
14th August 2011, 02:04 AM
Unregistered

i am doing engg in computer science can i elligible for ies exam
19th August 2011, 01:11 PM
Unregistered

What is the pay scale of IES and Railway Engineering
19th August 2011, 04:35 PM
sarang27

Smile Re: How much percentage is required for IES entrance exam? What are the requirements for Railway Engineering? What is the pay scale of IES and Railway Engineering and what type of questions are asked in IES and Railway Engineering exam?

IES stand for engineering service examination and no such criteria is neede only needed is the bachelor of engineering degree in any branch or else u must have a graduation in m.sc or any other degree in your hand which is technical in knowledge and percentage must be 60% or higher it is changing every year the criteria for it but u keep 60% and above it will be well and good. ur age must be between 21 to 30yrs of old and u could get the form from post office or a upsc site and ur cost may be 50rs online 100rs offline so this is the criteria for ies exam.if u r appearing then best of luck.
19th August 2011, 04:43 PM
sarang27

see first IES stands for indian engineering sevices and the criteria for enterance exam is that u must be graduated in any branch of the engineering degree and the same requirement is for the railway engineering and ur age must be between 21 to 30 andu can collect the form from post office near by for rs 50 online and 100rs offline and u can also fill it on upsc site.
22nd August 2011, 06:29 PM
Unregistered

if someone fail in his engineering carrier den hi wil complit his engineering.den that boy is eligibal for ies exam or not?
25th August 2011, 09:15 PM
Unregistered

how much %ge required in IES entrance exam?
26th August 2011, 09:59 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeshan92 View Post
ngineering. and what type of question asked in IES and RAILWAY engineering.and which book i prefere for these exams[/QUOTE]
26th August 2011, 05:41 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
To appear in IES exam no marks percentage is required.. They don't mention any percentage criteria...
So, if you have complete your graduation in engineering field then you are eligible for the exam..
The eligibility criteria for IES exam:-

*You must have complete your B.tech/B.E in the fields of Electronics/Electrical/Mechanical/Civil..
*you should not have any pending backlogs..
*Your age should be in between 21-30 years..
For SC/ST the age relaxation is 5years and for OBC the age relaxation is 3years..

The eligibility criteria to apply for railway job in engineering field:-

*You must have complete your B.tech/B.E in any field..
*You should not have any backlogs.
*your age should be in between 21-30years..
For sc/st the age relaxation is 5years, and for OBC the age relaxation is 3years..

Both the fields are good.. In IES you have to do administrative jobs in the field of engineering..
In railways you have to do technical jobs..
It is totally depends upon your personal interest..
So, you can go for any of them..
All the best..
3rd September 2011, 12:27 PM
sanju38121

Sir, indian railway is the major source of the transport. Everyone wish to join the indian railway. For the I.E.S exam the eligibility is

candiadate should be a engineering graduate with 60% marks and should be b/w 21 to 30 years.

For more details pkease visit

www.indianrailways.gov.in

all the best
regards
18th September 2011, 07:31 PM
Unregistered

how much salary since stating
2nd October 2011, 04:13 PM
Unregistered

what is cut off in civil engineering for sc catagory
15th October 2011, 11:43 AM
Unregistered

i got 59.4% in 12th can i take exam of ies
31st October 2011, 10:45 PM
MIST_123

i want to be a engineer in indian railways..but in my degree 2 backs is occured..which is cleared in second attempt. so i am eligible for doing job of engineer in railways..pls reply......
14th January 2012, 01:38 PM
Unregistered

Sir ,please tell me the scope of I.E.S.
30th March 2012, 03:40 PM
Unregistered

Howmuch % require in b.tech to attempt ies exam
27th April 2012, 04:22 PM
Unregistered

What are the jobs that a B.TECH graduate from computer science can appear for and what is the percentage requirement for it?
2nd June 2012, 07:18 PM
Unregistered

BE persentage for the post of IES
3rd June 2012, 09:34 AM
Unregistered

How much percentage is required for UPSC(IES)
9th June 2012, 03:24 AM
yudhveergvs
Senior Member+

Engineering Service Examination was conducted by the Union Public Service Commission Once in a year.

Eligibility for I.E.S exam :-

Civil Engineering

Mechanical Engineering

Electrical Engineering

Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering

Engineering candidates are eligible for this examination.

The candidate must be finished the engineering from a recognized university or deemed university and final year of degree course can also apply for this examination.

The candidate should have a minimum 21 years and maximum 30 years and upper age limits is given to the various reserved categories.

Note :- Percentage is not required for this examination.Graduation is enough to appear for this examination.

Selection Procedure of this examination :- Written examination and Interview.

Applications :- Online and Offline.

The notification was published in the month of February in the official website or employment news paper.

Next I.E.S examination are held in 15/June/11.

More details,Visit the official website :-
www.upsc.gov.in

30th June 2012, 08:20 PM
Unregistered

next date of I.E.S. examination
17th September 2012, 01:58 PM
Unregistered

are electronics and instrumentation engineers eligible for IES examination?
1st October 2012, 10:54 PM
Unregistered

i m ece student.which book prefer for IES exam??
15th December 2012, 12:17 AM
imcoolabhishek2012

Hi dear,
To appear in IES exam no marks percentage is required.. They don't mention any percentage criteria...
So, if you have complete your graduation in engineering field then you are eligible for the exam..
The eligibility criteria for IES exam:-

*You must have complete your B.tech/B.E in the fields of Electronics/Electrical/Mechanical/Civil..
*you should not have any pending backlogs..
*Your age should be in between 21-30 years..
For SC/ST the age relaxation is 5years and for OBC the age relaxation is 3years..

The eligibility criteria to apply for railway job in engineering field:-

*You must have complete your B.tech/B.E in any field..
*You should not have any backlogs.
*your age should be in between 21-30years..
For sc/st the age relaxation is 5years, and for OBC the age relaxation is 3years..

Both the fields are good.. In IES you have to do administrative jobs in the field of engineering..
In railways you have to do technical jobs..
It is totally depends upon your personal interest..
So, you can go for any of them..
Thanks
17th January 2013, 05:55 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i finished my 12th with marks in pcm as 92%. now i joined civil engineering this year . can i write IES exam now???
no u cant write the IES.ur age should be atleast 21 or 21+age....
21st November 2013, 12:27 PM
Unregistered

Which branch is best for IES (career wise)- electrical or electronics and communication? How many vacancies and total students appearing (relatively) in both branches in IES? Which branch has more scope in long run?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?