16th July 2012, 01:50 PM
Unregistered

How to pursue MBA or M.Tech? I am interested in communication, Fashion Designing and English

Hello.
I am pursuing B.tech in CSE(4TH yr now). I dont want to pursue MBA or M.Tech further instead want to go in for studies that are more media related.I have an Interest for Communication,Fashion Designing and English.What courses can i possibly go in for?? Is it possible to join a feild of arts after graduating in Sciences.Please guide.Also Suggest some more options after B.tech..?? Which govt. organisationa can i join after B.tech in CSE for a job..??

24th August 2012, 04:20 PM
Oracle 9
Senior Member++

Default Re: How to pursue MBA or M.Tech? I am interested in communication, Fashion Designing and English

You seems more interested in Media related course than doing M.Tech or MBA which generally B.Tech students opt for after doing B.Tech.

This is very much possible to join Media Related Course after doing B.tech.

You can opt for Post graduate course in Mass Media after completing your B.Tech as there are many institutes which are offering Course in Mass Communication / Mass Media but what you have to understand before joining the course in mass media or communication is that , that there is no instant fame or glamour in the Industry and it takes years to be successful or create the space for your self.

If you are prepared to learn and to work really hard than you can opt for such courses.

Some Engineering students have done so and change their field from Engineering to Media Oriented course.

All the Reputed Institutions which offer this course conduct entrance examination to judge student's aptitude for Mass Communication.

So you will find objective or subjective type questions in Entrance Examination Based on Given topics

General Awareness
English Comprehension
Reasoning
Mass Media/Communication Aptitude.

After Scoring high you will be called for Group Discussion and Personal Interview by the Institutions.

After Completing the course you will be eligible to work in

Radio
TV channels
Newspapers
Magazine
etc areas

Top 10 Mass Communication Colleges in India

1. Mudra Institute of communications- Ahemedabad
2. Asian college of Journalism- Chennai
3. AJ Kidwai Mass Comm Research centre, Jamia – New Delhi
4. IIMC – New Delhi
5. Xavier Institute of Communication – Mumbai
6. Film and Television Institute of India – Pune
7. Symbiosis Institute of Mass Communication – Pune
8. Indian Institute of Journalism and New Delhi – Bangalore
9. Manorama School of communication – Kottayam
10. Times School of Journalism – New Delhi
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?