23rd September 2012, 04:24 PM
Tituchavan

Is Maths necessary for fashion designing? What is the criteria for NIFT in 12th class with PCB to get admission for fashion designing

is maths necessary for fashion designing???
can one with the criteria for nift in 12th class with physics, chemistry and Biology get admission for fashion desidning??

4th December 2012, 05:47 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Is Maths necessary for fashion designing? What is the criteria for NIFT in 12th class with PCB to get admission for fashion designing

is maths necessary for fashion designing ?
6th February 2013, 12:02 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Is Maths necessary for fashion designing? What is the criteria for NIFT in 12th class with PCB to get admission for fashion designing

Cn a person who dos't have PCB and maths can do fashion desining from nift
16th February 2013, 05:15 PM
Unregistered

is maths necessary for fashion designing??
17th February 2013, 06:14 PM
dyco

You need to pass 12th with atleast 50% with any subjects and for Post Graduate courses graduation, for fashion designing but for fashion technology you should have physics,chemistry and maths as your subjects in class 12.

You can not fashion design without mathematics.If you're making or designing clothes, you'll want to be able to find ways to lay patterns out efficiently which will require geometry, algebra, topology and calculus(control theory). For this reason maths as a subject is compulsory.

If you want it to be in details-

Minimum Eligibility-

(1). The +2 level examination in the 10+2 pattern of examination of any recognised Central/State Board of Secondary Examination, such as Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi, and Council for Indian School of Certificate Examination, New Delhi with Physics, Chemistry and Maths.
or
(2). General Certificate Education (GCE) Examination (London/Cambridge/Sri- Lanka) at the advanced (A) level with Physics, Chemistry and Maths.
or
(3). Any Public School/Board/University Examination in India or in foreign countries recognised by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to 10+2 system with Physics, Chemistry and Maths.
or
(4). A pass grade in the Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School with a minimum of five subjects with Physics, Chemistry and Maths.
or
(5). 3 or 4-years diploma recognised by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education (Engineering background).

The courses include Graduate, Post graduate, Certificate and Diploma in the following areas:
*Accessory designing and fashion designing
*Apparel marketing and Merchandising
*Fashion Journalism and Presentation
*Garment Manufacturing Technology
*Knitwear Design and Technology
*Leather and Garment Design and Technology
*Textile Design and Development.
28th February 2013, 11:17 PM
Unregistered

I have taken physics chemistry biology computer n english cn I join a fashion designing course after 12 I m in 11std right now plz ans my question
25th April 2013, 05:01 PM
Unregistered

is math compulsory for the commerce students in fashiondesining?
5th May 2013, 07:02 AM
Unregistered

Can i do fashion designin
g with pcb
6th May 2013, 07:22 PM
Unregistered

which subjects should i choose after completion of 12th class for fashion desinging
11th August 2013, 07:15 PM
Unregistered

Can u please let me know that I can do B.Des after 12th ,with PCB as my subjects in class 11th?
Please do let answer me as early as possible.
15th September 2013, 07:52 PM
Unregistered

hi, i am preetha i had completed B.sc computer science...... can i do fasion designing
25th November 2013, 01:44 PM
Unregistered

Can i do fashion designing with PCB, english nd phe............plz reply me soon as possible
26th December 2013, 09:14 PM
Unregistered

I am studying 9th class as i want to become a fashion designer so what steps are required for becoming a fashion designer after 12th what i should ?
26th December 2013, 09:19 PM
Unregistered

after completing 12th what we should do to become a fashion designer?
14th January 2014, 03:59 PM
Unregistered

is maths for fshn des. is necssry?what is the ctiteri for nift in 12 class with pcb to get admissn for fashn desgn
25th February 2014, 10:03 AM
Unregistered

I have taken PCB as my subject, in what other fields apart from medicine's can I fit in?
5th May 2014, 05:24 PM
Unregistered

i am a commerce student i want to do fashion designing is maths is needed to do fashion designing.replyme soon.
22nd May 2014, 03:56 PM
Unregistered

I have taken humanities which does not hae maths chem n physics... so can I appear for fashion designing
4th June 2014, 09:53 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir,
Sir now i am completely my B.B.A in commerce based,
How can i join the fashion designer?
Thanks regards...
26th October 2014, 03:36 PM
Unregistered

i am a science student.
my subjects P.B.C.
not mhats.
so mhats is important subject in fashion designing????
30th October 2014, 10:32 AM
Unregistered

I want to do fashion drdig

I want to do fashion designing i am a arts student and i dont have maths can i do fashion designing ..?? Plzzz suggest something.....
20th November 2014, 09:57 PM
Unregistered

I want to do fashion designing but I didn't had maths physics or chemistry in 12th
29th November 2014, 08:40 PM
Unregistered

I really wnt to do fashn desgning .but my subjcts chemistry.biology.nutrition.and math BT i not good student in math.then can I do fashn designing course ??plsss answer me????
30th November 2014, 04:15 PM
Unregistered

Is maths is required to do fashion designing?? i have taken arts in 11 so can i do fashion design after passing 12th wid arts??
24th January 2015, 03:46 PM
Unregistered

Can i take admission in fashion designing ....asmy stream is commerce....??
29th March 2015, 12:09 PM
Unregistered

i had just completed my 10 so i want to know how to do fashion designing and is science compulsary for it
2nd May 2015, 09:53 PM
Unregistered

hello I have completed my 12th in arts stream! I want to do fashion designing. but is that maths subject is compulsory for this course?
17th May 2015, 02:13 PM
Unregistered

Which subject should i take in 11th standard for fashion designing ?Is Biomaths perfect?
26th May 2015, 08:53 PM
Unregistered

WHICH SUBJECT TO CONCENTRATE ON IN CLASS 9 TO GET IN A FASHION DESIGNING INSTITUTE
4th June 2015, 06:10 PM
Unregistered

hii i m a commerce student and now i m giving my 12th but after 12th i have choosed fashion designing as my carrer but the issue is i have not taken maths as a subject so is it compulsory subject for fashion designing...??plzz do rplyy soon
19th June 2015, 07:03 PM
Unregistered

Im a student of 11class I wnt to participate in fashion desining entrance examination ....wht is the minimum qualification for entrance exam of fashion designing course
2nd July 2015, 07:57 AM
Unregistered

How much percent we should obtain in board exam for studying fashion designing
2nd July 2015, 05:51 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Im a student of 11class I wnt to participate in fashion desining entrance examination ....wht is the minimum qualification for entrance exam of fashion designing course
For Bachelors degree in Fashion designing, you do not need to have Math’s compulsorily.
Eligibility for Fashion Designing –
1. 12th in any stream; eg. Science, Commerce, Arts, etc or 10+3 diploma approved by State Board of Technical Education
2. Minimum 50% aggregate marks
Here is list for reputed institutes –
1. NID
2. NIFT
3. Symbiosis Institute of Design
4. Pearl Academy
Every college have different mode of admission such as – Symbiosis conduct entrance exam SET that is creative aptitude test for student. You can check details on relevant website.
17th May 2016, 08:44 PM
Unregistered

I have taken groups of physics,chemistry,biology and English.What is a solution for me to start fashion designing. But I am full and fully interested in fashion designing.
1st October 2016, 09:43 AM
Unregistered

Is maths is really necessary for fashion designing because i have taken commerce with entreperneurship no maths for me. Is possible foe me to study fashion designing
2nd October 2016, 08:14 PM
Unregistered

I am a student of class 12th with PCB discipline. But I have 2 start my own fashion designing course business.. So can I do this without maths ?...I have the knowledge of maths of till class 10th of course.
7th January 2017, 07:46 PM
Unregistered

I'm student of class 12 with pcb. So we students can not do fashion designing .. why is it not possible. If not what are the other courses in fashion designing which doesn't require maths ..Please let me know the reason as soon as possible ....
12th April 2017, 11:57 AM
Unregistered

No, maths is not so necessary in designing, Specially in fashion designing, you should have good knowledge of geometry and sketching and drawing skills are also needed.
5th June 2017, 04:43 PM
Unregistered

I have studied maths till class 10th. And now i wanted to do fashion designing. So is maths even compulsory in 11th and 12th??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?