24th June 2017, 08:52 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for both MPSC and UPSC after 12th?

Can someone enlighten me with proper knowledge, that whether, can I apply for MPSC and UPSC after passing 12th?

24th June 2017, 11:54 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I apply for both MPSC and UPSC after 12th?

Yes, of course you can apply for MPSC and UPSC exams after completion of intermediate. You can apply for all those exams in which minimum educational qualification is intermediate like LDC, MTS etc. Thanks
25th June 2017, 09:52 AM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

MPSC is Maharashtra Public Service Commission and UPSC stands for Union Public Service Commission. There is one UPSC exam for which 12th passed candidates can apply, it is called National Defence Academy Entrance exam. Age limit is 16.5-19.5 years.

There are some posts under MPSC for which 12th passed candidates can apply. But for majority of UPSC exam, minimum academic qualification required is bachelor's degree. Minimum age limit is 21 years.
25th June 2017, 10:45 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

UPSC is central examination conducting body which conducts many competitive entrance exams at national level like:

1. NDA/NA entrance exam.

2. Civil Services exam.

3. Central Armed Police Force Examination.

4. Indian Engineering Services exam etc.

12th passed or appearing candidates can only apply for UPSC NDA examination.

You can apply for lower level posts under Maharashtra Public Service Commission after passing 10+2.
25th June 2017, 11:53 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

After senior secondary board examination, you can only apply for one UPSC examination which is National Defence Academy exam. For all other UPSC examination, the minimum academic requirement is bachelor's degree.

In case of Maharashtra Public Service Commission examination, only those candidates who have done bachelor's degree can apply.
25th June 2017, 03:29 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to appear for MPSC and UPSC examination after 12th. The minimum required qualification to appear for examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

The age limit to appear for UPSC examination is 21-32 years and relaxation in upper limit for reserved category.

So, you have to pursue bachelor degree to appear for examination. The examination is conducted in three stages and candidates have to qualify in all stages for final selection. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in or www.upsc.gov.in or www.mpsc.gov.in
25th June 2017, 03:53 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

No first of all you need to complete graduation to be eligible for UPSC or MPSC.

Eligibility criteria for UPSC are as under:-

Candidate must be a holder of graduation degree from a recognized university in any of the stream.

Candidate age should be 21 years to 30 years.
For OBC it is 21 years to 33 years.
For SC/ST it is 21 years to 35 years.
For PWD and Ex-service men it is 21 years to 42 years.

Candidate must have scored at least 50 percent in graduation.

Candidate must be physically and mentally fit.

Candidate should be citizen of India, Nepal, Tibet.

Candidate height should be 157 cms.

Selection procedure are as follows:-
Preliminary
Mains
Interview
25th June 2017, 05:39 PM
stutiswet2

You have to do graduation before applying for UPSC or MPSC. When you are in final year of your graduation, then you can apply for UPSC or MPSC exams. You can apply for these exams if you are from any stream of graduation like B.A, B.Sc,B.E., B.Com, BBA, BCA, etc.
25th June 2017, 06:50 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

No, you cannot apply for both MPSC (Maharashtra Public Service Commission) & UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) because of the eligibility requirements. The full details about MPSC & UPSC are mentioned below.

Eligibility criteria for MPSC:
- The candidate should be a citizen of India.
- The age limit is 19 - 33 years. There is 3 years age relaxation for OBC candidates, 5 years for SC/ ST candidates, for PwD is 45 years.
- The candidate should complete their graduation or equivalent degree in any stream from any recognised university. The last year graduation students are also eligible to apply for MPSC.

Eligibility criteria for UPSC:
- The candidate should be a citizen of India.
- The candidate should complete their graduation or equivalent degree in any stream from any recognised university.
- The age limit is 21 - 32 years. There is 3 years age relaxation for OBC, 5 years for SC/ ST candidates.
25th June 2017, 07:50 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

No you are not eligible to apply for MPSC or UPSC just after 12th standard because minimum qualification required to appear in this entrance exam is graduation in any discipline from a recognised University.
So it is suggested to you to complete your graduation first and then after you can apply for this.
25th June 2017, 10:10 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

No, 12th qualification is not sufficient to appear for MPSC and UPSC examination. MPSC and UPSC conducts entrance examination for recruitment of officers in state and central services respectively.

The minimum required qualification to appear for examination is bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

So, you have to wait for bachelor degree to appear for examination.

You can appear for NDA entrance examination conducted by UPSC after 12th.
27th June 2017, 03:30 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

For appearing in MPSC or UPSC examination minimum required qualification is bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university.

So, 12th std qualification is not sufficient to appear for examination and you have to pursue bachelor degree to appear for examination.

The examination is conducted for recruitment of officer's.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?