29th June 2020, 07:04 PM
sanika bodhak6

Possibility of admission in Fashion Designing degree course after qualifying 12th from Arts stream?

Hi, I am pursuing 12th from Arts stream and will be writing the 12th Board exams next year. After this I want to pursue a Graduate degree course in Fashion Designing. Will I get admission in good colleges like NIFT for Fashion Designing courses?

30th June 2020, 11:16 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility of admission in Fashion Designing degree course after qualifying 12th from Arts stream?

You are eligible for B.Des course. The eligiblility to get admission in the course is that candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board in any stream.

Entrance examination is conducted for admission in the course.

So, you need to prepare for the examination to get admission in the course. For more information about the examination syllabus and pattern visit at www.nift.ac.in.
30th June 2020, 03:44 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility of admission in Fashion Designing degree course after qualifying 12th from Arts stream?

Yes, you can definitely get into NIFT (National Institute of Fashion Technology) or any other colleges for pursuing Degree course in Designing even having opted for Arts stream for your Class 12th studies.

Further, the only course in designing which you cannot opt is Bachelor of Fashion Technology (B.F.Tech) degree course as for the same, a candidate is required to have opted for PCM group in their Class 12th.

For details regarding NIFT admissions, you can refer to the link www.nift.ac.in.
30th June 2020, 07:28 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanika bodhak6 View Post
Hi, I am pursuing 12th from Arts stream and will be writing the 12th Board exams next year. After this I want to pursue a Graduate degree course in Fashion Designing. Will I get admission in good colleges like NIFT for Fashion Designing courses?
NIFT stands for National Institute of Fashion Technology. To get admission in NIFT, you should have at least passed 10+2 from a recognized Board.

NIFT offers following graduation courses like:
  • B.F.Tech (Apparel Production)
  • B.Des (Fashion Design/Leather Design/Accessory Design/Textile Design/Knitwear Design/Fashion Communication)

For B.F.Tech (Apparel Production)
You must be passed in 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as the primary subjects.
Or
3 or 4 years Diploma recognized by AICTE or State Board of Technical Education.

For B.Des (Fashion Design/Leather Design/Accessory Design/Textile Design/Knitwear Design/Fashion Communication)
You must be passed in 10+2 from a recognized board.
Or
3 or 4 years Diploma recognized by AICTE or State Board of Technical Education.

Hence, as per your qualification, you can apply for Bachelor of Designing course.
30th June 2020, 09:35 PM
Lollypop Lagelu

The eligibility criteria for Bachelor of Fashion Designing course is that candidate must have done 12th from a recognized board in any stream.

Minimum of 50% marks in board exam is required. You can apply for NIFT exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?