25th July 2019, 11:40 AM
Unregistered

Possibility to join Army after Higher Secondary in West Bengal?

Sir, my name is Nirmal Paul about to complete my 12th Board exams and I am from West Bengal. Am I eligible to join Indian Army after 12th at any post? From where can I get information on this? What about Fort William in Calcutta? What is it? Is it Army training institute?

30th July 2019, 07:58 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to join Army after Higher Secondary in West Bengal?

Yes, it is possible to join Army after completion of your Higher Secondary course in West Bengal. To join Indian Army, you have to appear in UPSC NDA examination. Candidates who have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination from a recognised board and those who are in the age range of 16.5 to 19.5 years are eligible to apply for NDA examination for joining in Indian Army. You should be an unmarried male candidate and should be physically as well as mentally healthy to be eligible to apply for NDA examination for joining in Indian Army.
31st July 2019, 02:21 PM
harmanpreetbatth

Hello,
If you want to get any reputed post in Indian Army, you should clear NDA exam, but only boys can appear for this. After the interview, you can get admission in NDA from where it is easy to get job.
Thankyou
31st July 2019, 02:42 PM
harmanpreetbatth

Hello,
If you want to get any reputed post in Indian Army, you should clear NDA exam, but only boys can appear for this. After the interview, you can get admission in NDA from where it is easy to get job.
Thankyou
31st July 2019, 09:27 PM
soumyadipghosh
Senior Member+

If your height be greater than 167 cm then you will be eligible for Indian Army. The posts are,
1. Soldier GD: age 17-24 10th pass
2. Soldier Clerk: age17-23. 12th pass with 50% marks
3. Technical Entry: age 17-23 , 12th pass(science) with 50% average marks.
Fort William is an regional office of Indian Army. You will get various job related information of Indian Army from them. It also often plays a role to recruit new candidates.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?