22nd May 2017, 08:49 AM
Dani monachan

Is it possible to study B.Com along with CA? List of colleges offering courses?

Is it possible to study B.com with CA both together? And also provide me the list of colleges offering the courses.

22nd May 2017, 11:29 AM
help100%

Default Re: Is it possible to study B.Com along with CA? List of colleges offering courses?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani monachan View Post
Is it possible to study B.com with CA and list of colleges offering the course
Look you can study both simultaneously because BCom and CA involves the same pattern and structure of studies. So, many students generally do this, but certain students avoid doing this because University level studies in certain Universities like CU, MU, AU, etc are quiet tough and engaging which means you wont be having time for studying CA.

So, depends from university to colleges, below the top colleges across the country proving BCom :

-Sri Ram College of Commerce, Delhi,
-Loyola College, Chennai
-Lady Sri Ram College, Delhi
-Christ University, Bangalore
-St. Xaviers College, Mumbai
-St. Xaviers College, Kolkata
-Hansraj College, Delhi
-Hindu College, Delhi
-St. Joseph College, Bangalore
-Madras Christian College, Chennai
-Symbiosis College of Arts & Commerce, Pune
-NMIMS, Mumbai

Hope the above mentioned will be able to guide you for further information do let us know.
22nd May 2017, 04:31 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to study B.Com along with CA? List of colleges offering courses?

No, you cannot study B.Com along with CA. Studying degree with CA is called Article-ship. From now students are not allowed to do Article ship because from now the rules has been changed by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India. This rule is applicable from this year.
From now you need either choose directly CA after 10+2 course by writing CPT exam or you need to complete your B.Com degree or any degree then attend the IPCC exam. So, from now to complete CA course it requires 6 years i.e., 3 years for degree and 3 years for the CA course.
The CPT exam is conducted twice every year in the month of June and December. The IPCC is also conducted twice every year in the month of May and November, which a student can take 9 months after clearing the CPT exam.
So, based on the top colleges in your city you can join in CPT training course then join in the CA.
22nd May 2017, 05:22 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Yes. You can study B.Com course along with CA. I don't think you will face any problems for final exams also because final exams for B.Com course would be in the month of March and for CA, it would be in the month of May.

B.Com stands for Bachelor of Commerce. This is a 3 year Graduation course being offered by many of the colleges in India.

If you are studying CA course, then you don't need much preparation for B.Com course because there would be almost the same subjects and in addition the depth of the subjects is high in CA compared to B.Com

There won't be any special advantage for you by doing B.Com course if you have completed CA.

But in case if you are not able to complete CA course or you want to quit CA course, then you can go for Post Graduation in MBA with B.Com course as the highest level of academic qualification.

There will be good number of job opportunities for the candidates after completion of MBA course.

So, it is a wise decision to do B.Com course to have more secure future.

As per the colleges, I recommend you to choose the near by college where you are pursuing CA course so that it would be easy for you to manage both the classes.

There would be direct admission for B.Com course in many of the colleges. So, you can join directly with your percentage of marks in 10+2.

Though you join B.Com course, I would suggest you to give more preference to CA course as it is very tough to complete. I have seen many people who are attempting PCC for number of times and did not qualify.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?