25th June 2017, 07:03 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to become an IPS officer after B.Sc degree

Hi Sir, I hope you will be quite well. Sir, I have a question. I needed your guidance. I’m in B.Sc second year from PCM group and I’m interest in IPS. So, please tell me, what I do?
Can I join any Institute for basic preparation? My DOB is 15/08 /1999. I’m waiting for you Sir.

25th June 2017, 09:36 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to become an IPS officer after B.Sc degree

Procedure to become an IPS Officer after completion of B.Sc Degree:

In order to become an IPS officer, you are required to appear in Civil Services Recruitment Examination that is conducted by Union Public Service Commission.

Basic qualification required is "Graduation" or Bachelor Degree from a recognized board/ university.

As you are doing 2nd year of B.Sc, you are required to first complete Graduation and then start applying for IPS recruitment.

Selection Process consists of Preliminary Examination, Main Examination and Personal Interview. You are required to qualify the above mentioned rounds one by one in order to become an officer in IPS services.
25th June 2017, 10:56 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Yes, if you are interested in I.P.S you have to appear and qualify in Civil Service examination.

The examination is conducted in three stages and considered as Mother of all Examination.
So, along with hard work smart work plays a major role to get success in examination.

To get success you need proper guidance which can only be available by some institute or by any senior ( prepared for examination).

So, it will be good to join a coaching institute for preparation of examination. For syllabus and other details visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
25th June 2017, 11:04 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

First, you have to complete your graduation. After that you have to apply for IPS exam which is conducted by UPSC. Your age should be in between 21 to 30 years. As per your date of birth you will get enough time for preparations after completion of graduation. If you want you can join any coaching institution for that. Thanks
25th June 2017, 11:52 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes, to qualify in examination proper guidance is very much necessary. So, it will better to join an institute for the guidance and proper strategy to qualify in all stages of examination.

But the institute can only be helpful if you will also work hard to qualify in examination.

The examination is conducted in three stages and candidates have to qualify in all stages for final selection. So, from now you must start reading The Hindu/The Exprees newspaper and NCERT books for examination.
26th June 2017, 12:57 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

In order to become an IPS officer you should have completed your bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized college/university. You must be an Indian citizen and your height should be minimum 165 cms/for women 150 cms. Your age should b in between 21 to 32 years, for OBC candidates the age is 35 years and for SC/ST candidates the age is 37 years. You must be physically fit and should have good eyesight. With this eligibility you can appear for Civil Services examination for IPS officer. You can refer to NCERT books for UPSC IPS preparation and can also join an IPS coaching institute whichever you feel is better for you.
26th June 2017, 10:45 AM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The full form of IPS is Indian Police Services.

Procedure to become IPS officer:

Aspirants who have done bachelor's degree or in final year of bachelor's degree can apply for Civil Services examination.

The minimum age limit is 21 years to apply for Civil Services examination. You can join any coaching institute for basic preparation as there is no age restraint.

Stages of Civil Services examination.

Preliminary Examination.

Main examination.

Personal Interview.
26th June 2017, 11:13 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Procedure to become an IPS officer after B.Sc degree:-

In order to become an IPS officer, you need to qualify the selection process of UPSC.

The selection process includes prelims and main exam.

Application for the same can be submitted through the web portal of UPSC.

Preparation for the exam can be made using reference books based on exam syllabus.

Practicing previous year question papers and reading news paper will be useful to clear the exam.
27th June 2017, 03:29 AM
ranu shahi

IPS stands for Indian Police Service and there selection will be done by UPSC which is alos called as Civil Services Examination.

Eligibility criteria for IPS officer:-
Candidate must have qualified graduation in any discipline.
Candidate who is in final year is also eligible.
Candidate’s graduation degree must be from any UGC approved university or any state university.

Age Limit:-
General - 21 years to 30 years.
There is an encrement of 5 years for SC/ST and 3 Years for OBC.

Examination will be conducted in three steps:-
Step I – Preliminary Exam
Step II – Mains Exam
Step III – Interview.
27th June 2017, 10:20 AM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

I am sorry to say that you are not eligible for UPSC Civil Services Exam even after completing graduation degree in next year. The main reason is that you are not fulfilling the age limit criteria i.e 21 to 32 years. You are eligible for this exam when you fulfill this age limit criteria.

**But there is no need to worry about this you can start your preparation for this exam in this meanwhile time. For this you have to go through good general awareness book, read newspaper to get aware about the latest current events. You can also join a good coaching institute for preparation as well.

**If you want to go through educational qualification, age limit criteria, exam pattern etc then you can go through the detailed notification UPSC Civil Services Exam in below attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf UPSC Civil Services Exam 2017.pdf(2.52 MB, 73 views)
27th June 2017, 01:20 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi Sir, I hope you will be quite well. Sir, I have a question. I needed your guidance. I’m in B.Sc second year from PCM group and I’m interest in IPS. So, please tell me, what I do?
Can I join any Institute for basic preparation? My DOB is 15/08 /1999. I’m waiting for you Sir.

To become an IPS Officer, you have to appear for Civil Service Examinations conducted by the UPSC. Civil service examinations are conducted once every year. Candidates with graduation in any discipline are eligible for the civil service examinations. Civil service examination consists of Preliminary Examination, Main Examination and Interview. Civil service examination is one of the toughest examinations in India. The minimum age limit for appearing the civil service examination is 21 years and the maximum age limit is 32 years for general category candidates, 35 years for OBC candidates and 37 years for SC/ST candidates. The UPSC website link is Click Here
27th June 2017, 02:40 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

IPS stands for Indian Police Services. IPS comes under Civil Services of Indian Government. UPSC conducts Civil Services examination every year. The basic requirement for this examination is that candidate must have done bachelor's degree from a recognized university. Final year graduation candidates can also apply for the exam.

Candidate must attain minimum age of 21 years to apply for this examination. You can join any coaching institute like Vajiram and Ravi IAS or Vision IAS or Rau's IAS for basic preparation in second year.

When you attain minimum age, you can apply for this exam.
28th June 2017, 02:44 PM
Unregistered

Good afternoon sir i am student of Bsc nursing 4th year and i want to be a IPS officer how i get this post what is the procedure for me i need your guidance plz suggest me how i get it
4th July 2017, 11:25 PM
rochithirkane
Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You Should start preparation of UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION (UPSC) Exam from 3rd year. UPSC is one of the hardest exam. Delhi is famous for UPSC COACHING.
In Delhi,VAJIRAO INSTITUTE is one of best Institute IN INDIA.Every year this Institute gave Selections.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?