30th October 2017, 06:09 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to join Indian Army for a girl after 12th?

Hello Sir, I am Nidhi from HP. I passed my 12th exam and got 70.2% marks. I want to join army. Please tell me Sir, what I do? Sir I am 17 and half years old. I am very very interested to Indian army. Please tell me.

30th October 2017, 08:24 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to join Indian Army for a girl after 12th?

1. The entry to Indian Army at 10+2 level is given through National Defence Academy exam conducted by Union Public Service Commission.

2. One of the most important and essential criteria for NDA exam is that only unmarried male Indian candidates are eligible to apply for it. It means that female candidates can not apply for NDA exam to join Army after 10+2.

3. Interested female candidates can pursue Bachelor's degree in technology or engineering to apply for CDS to join Army and AFCAT exam to join Air Force.
30th October 2017, 09:45 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to join Indian Army being a girl candidate after completion of your 12th standard. To be eligible to join Indian Army, you should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination in any discipline from a Government recognised board. You should be in between 16.5 to 19.5 years of age and should be an unmarried male candidate. As per UPSC NDA examination notification, only unmarried male candidates are eligible to join Indian Army. So, being a girl candidate, you are not eligible to join Indian Army.
30th October 2017, 10:34 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Sorry, to say that being a girl candidate, you are not eligible to join Indian Army. To join Indian Army, you have to appear in NDA examination which is conducted by UPSC twice a year. Candidates who have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination in any stream from a recognised board are eligible to apply for NDA examination. Only unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply for NDA examination, so, being a girl candidate, you are not eligible to apply for NDA examination for joining Indian Army.
31st October 2017, 08:57 AM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

First thing I would like to let you know that there is no entry for girl candidates on the basis of higher secondary school degree education.

But girls candidates can join Indian Army as a commissioned officer after completion of their graduation degree course in any discipline from a recognized university through Combined Defense Services (CDS ) entrance examination held by UPSC twice in a year.

For more details regarding CDS entrance examination you can visit the link www.upsc.gov.in where as for details regarding different entries in Indian Army you can visit the website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in .
31st October 2017, 11:42 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that you are not eligible to join Indian Army after the completion of class 12th being a female candidate.
Candidates can join Indian army after the completion of class 12th through NDA examination, which is conducted by UPSC.
Eligibility criteria required for NDA examination is that, candidates must be an unmarried male of Indian citizen. Candidates age must be in between 16.5 to 19.5 years.
Female candidates can join Indian army after the completion of graduation in the field of Engineering through CDS examination.
31st October 2017, 03:50 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Sorry to inform you that girls are not eligible to join Indian Army after completion of 12th standard. Only unmarried boys can join Indian Army after completion of 12th standard by qualifying NDA (National Defense Academy) examination. Since you are a girl and still want to join Indian Army then let me inform you that you have to appear and qualify OTA (Officers Training Academy) exam.
You must have to have a bachelor degree in any discipline in order to be eligible for OTA exam.
9th July 2019, 10:35 PM
Unregistered

How will be girls go to Indian army?After 12th
15th July 2019, 04:04 PM
Unregistered

Why girls can't join army after 12th?
17th September 2019, 07:33 PM
Unregistered

I want to join indian army and want to continue my game .In 12th got 80 per. and I am playing volleyball (National) and now playing university game .(student of b.sc (hons) mathematics 1st year from Mody university)
17th September 2019, 07:52 PM
Unregistered

Good evening sir , I Neelam from Rajasthan and i want to join Indian army and want to continue my game . I am playing volleyball(National) and now playing university game and got 80 per in 12th (CBSE board). At present doing B.sc(hons)mathematics 1st year from Mody university
19th September 2019, 09:27 PM
Unregistered

I am young girl .iam very very interested in army pls tell me how to join army after finishing 12std.i am taken arts group pls help me.
13th January 2020, 05:30 PM
Unregistered

I'm 19 years old girl. My dad also Ex-Army but he is dead. I love Indian army. How to join Indian army?? Plz tell me sir..
16th January 2020, 03:14 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir I am simran of class 11 student. I want to join indian army.what type course I will after my 12.
Please answer in detail everything about all types of courses
26th January 2020, 10:34 AM
Unregistered

I am a science student iam 18 yerar complete. I want to join army please tell me how can i join army ?
26th January 2020, 10:13 PM
Unregistered

Sir I want to join in Indian army force
Please sir
17th March 2020, 07:50 PM
Unregistered

I have passed my 12th from J&K Staet board of school education. But after 12th i have got married i m just 19 yrs old and doing my BA from ignou university. I want to join indian army . Can i join indian army?
9th April 2020, 11:30 PM
Unregistered

I completed b tech computer science 2018 passed out but I want to join Indian army for female candidates what have to do enter in that like which exam have to write what bases gng to take like this need some details I want to know I am very very interested in Indian army Jai hindi
18th April 2020, 02:22 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir , I'm Purnima of Bokaro,Jharkhand. I am just done my 12th board with stream commerce. I'm very much interested in Indian Army but due to some criteria girls are not allowed to join Indian Army after 12th . So i just want to ask u if i will complete my bachelor degree with b. Com as a honours of accounts with ICWA then i will eligible or not to join Indian Army after bachelor degree.
18th April 2020, 02:45 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir I'm Purnima of Bokaro,Jharkhand. I'm just done my 12th board with stream commerce. I'm very much interested in Indian Army but due to some criteria girls are not allowed to join Indian Army after 12th. So i just want to ask you if I will done my bachelor degree with b.com as a honours of accounts with ICWA should i able to join Indian Army after my bachelor degree.
20th April 2020, 02:52 PM
sachariah
Senior Member+++

Cool Re: Procedure to join Indian Army for a girl after 12th?

At present there is no provision for girls to join the Indian army directly after 12th . However you can complete your graduation and then give your CDS examination. CDS means Combined Defence Services, exams conducted by UPSC every year. After passing successfully girls will select OTA branch. OTA means Officer Training Academy.
17th May 2020, 01:00 PM
Unregistered

Hello i am akanksha Sachdeva , please tell me which defence academy i can join after completing 10th and 10 2 ??
19th May 2020, 02:47 PM
Unregistered

How can join lndian army if l am 22 years old please tell procedure
21st May 2020, 09:24 PM
Unregistered

my eye sight is weak it creat any problem to join indian army
14th June 2020, 10:35 AM
Unregistered

How can I job Indian army after completion of diploma in civil engineering?
15th August 2020, 10:17 AM
Unregistered

I have completed 12th from science stream with 90%..can I get a good position at Indian army? I m a 18years old girl
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?