18th November 2017, 06:47 PM
Unregistered

Can I do regular and private degree at the same time? Is it legal?

I have done my graduation in political science and English but I am not satisfied. I want to do it in political science and history with another in private. Can I do it and is it legal?

18th November 2017, 08:08 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do regular and private degree at the same time? Is it legal?

If one of the degree is in distance mode, then surely you will be eligible to pursue both at the same time. Both can't be regular at the same time and will be termed as illegal or invalid.

Hence, make sure that you are pursuing the degrees from a recognized university. There is no other way to pursue two degree at the same time.
18th November 2017, 10:07 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can pursue one course from regular mode and other from distance mode. It is not illegal at all. Nowadays in the busy schedule people does not gets the time to study, so you can choose one private and one regular college and pursue 2 courses at a time. But make sure the distance college is recognized by UGC. Then only the certificate received from there will be valuable.
19th November 2017, 10:24 AM
The Guider

Yes, it is legal. The University Grants Commission has given the permission to student to pursue additional degree program to get better opportunities in their career. So go ahead and complete your graduation.
19th November 2017, 12:43 PM
ashfaquekhan316

Yes, you can opt for either course at the same time, provided you should be able to cope up with the syllabus and manage your studies well. If you cannot manage your time comfortably, you yourself will be in trouble and will not be able to do well in either of them.

I would however suggest you to pursue the course one after the another, this way you yourself will be able to grasp things properly and efficiently.
19th November 2017, 02:19 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that you cannot opt for two degree courses at the same time as it is not legal. Apart from that, you cannot show your both of the degrees anywhere which will be of the same duration. So, according to my opinion you must opt for the courses one at a time and then after the completion of the particular course, you can very much opt for the another one. There is no problem in that.
19th November 2017, 08:57 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have done my graduation in political science and English but I am not satisfied. I want to do it in political science and history with another in private. Can I do it and is it legal?
Yes of course, it is completely legal to pursue two degrees at the same. You can do both the regular and private degree at the same. As per UGC interested students can pursue in two degrees simultaneously whether from the same university or the different.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?