9th January 2023, 05:56 PM
Unregistered

Benefits and demerits of CBSE 12th improvement exam

I passed my 12 in session cbse board, and I got 68% marks with general category..I am not satisfied with my results ,and also want to qualify jee mains& advance, but I'm not eligible for that as it needs above 75% in boards ..So I have decided to give improvement exams this year to increase my marks with jee mains and advance preparation..I want to know the benefits and demerits almost every thing about this and specially the date of examination ,I am confused about it ,plz guide me ..Am I doing right?

10th January 2023, 11:41 PM
piya1617
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Benefits and demerits of CBSE 12th improvement exam

The benefits of the CBSE 12th improvement exam are given below.

1) The CBSE Improvement 2021 exam offers a chance to those who attended*the exam but received lower scores. Students can attempt to improve their scores, which will raise the final score.

2) Candidates have the chance to study for the exam since the Improvement exams will be given during the following session. It is possible to review any mistakes that were made previously.

3) Candidates appearing for*the Improvement examinations don't need to study anything new because the board test syllabus is unchanged, giving them the opportunity to thoroughly prepare the topics.

The disadvantages of the CBSE 12th improvement exam are given below.

1) There is no guarantee that the marks will be raised in a certain way. It is possible that the candidate will receive less points than the previous marks.

2) The next session of CBSE exams will include the CBSE Improvement Exam, thus anyone hoping to raise their overall score would have to wait a full year before retaking the test.

3) If a candidate attends the Improvement exam and receives lower than expected scores, she or he must bring both the old mark sheet from the prior exam and the statement of marks noting the Improvement exam's results in case the request is made.
11th January 2023, 02:36 PM
Tibia

As you have mentioned that you want to persue engineering and appear for the JEE enterance exam you will definitely have to go for the improvement exam as you do not fit into the 75% criteria for the enterance exam
The merits is that it will give you a chance to persue your dream
The demerits is that an improvement mark will be mentioned
12th January 2023, 01:07 AM
aryaanfreelancer
Senior Member++

Benefits of CBSE 12th improvement exam:-

1. Candidates who attended the exam but received lower-than-expected marks have a chance to participate in the CBSE Improvement 2021 exam. Examinees can attempt to improve their scores, which will raise the final score.
2. As the Improvement exams are held in the following session, candidates have the chance to study for the exam. It is possible to review any errors that were made previously.
3. Candidates taking the Improvement examinations don't need to study anything new because the board test syllabus is unchanged, giving them the opportunity to thoroughly prepare the topics.

Demerits of CBSE 12th improvement exam:-

1. Candidates who want to improve their aggregate score will have to wait a year to retake the exam because the CBSE Improvement Exam will be held concurrently with the next session of CBSE exams.
2. There is no way to guarantee that the marks will be raised. It is possible that the candidate will receive fewer points than the prior contender.
3. If a candidate takes the Improvement exam and receives lower than expected scores, she or he must bring both the old mark sheet from the prior exam and the statement of marks noting the Improvement exam's results in case the request is made.
12th January 2023, 04:26 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

Benefits
*One gets second chance to improve their marks
*Syllabus remains same, so there is nothing to worry, you just have to revise.
*One can appear for only 1 particular subject as well

Drawbacks
*No form of assurance that your marks will get increased.
*It may happen , that one gets difficult paper next year while preparation for exam.
*Your improvement marksheet will have "APPEARED FOR IMPROVEMENT " written on it.
14th January 2023, 03:46 PM
Crenchekids
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you should certainly apply for improvement examination so that you can score minimum 75% marks in 10+2 as it is the minimum percentage required to apply for IIT JEE.
14th January 2023, 06:05 PM
Shantanubose22

>> Benefits of CBSC 12th improvement exam:-

You can definitely get good marks in improvement examination. You can choose to give improvement examination of all the subjects or can go for particular subjects in which your marks are low.

>> Disadvantages for CBSC 12th improvement exam:-

1) Candidates planning on increasing their aggregate score will have to wait for a whole year in order to appear for the exam again as CBSE Improvement Exam will be held with the next session of CBSE exams.
2) There is no form of assurance that the marks will be increased for sure.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?