14th February 2016, 06:10 PM
Unregistered

Can i do the fashion designing course despite of being a Commerce student?

I have completed my 12th from commerce stream. I don't know how to draw or art. But I am interested in doing Fashion Designing. Therefore i need to know if i can do the fashion designing course?

15th February 2016, 12:04 AM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i do the fashion designing course despite of being a Commerce student?

Drawing and art needs only practice and it is very easy. As you are interested in Fashion Designing then after passing graduation you opt Fashion Designing Course. As your drawing is also very bad then you need to give more time in this. You should opt long term courses for better results. Forms are available in every colleges and institutes which offers Fashion Designing courses. It helps you in establishing own business or boutique. Your monthly income depends on price and quality of goods which attracts customer to your place. It goes above 1 to 2 lakh per month and also more than that.
15th February 2016, 09:54 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i do the fashion designing course despite of being a Commerce student?

Yes, you are eligible to pursue Fashion Designing course without having commerce stream in 10+2.

The eligibility to appear for examination to get admission in the B.Des or B.F Tech. The eligibility to appear for examination is candidates must have passed 10+2/ diploma degree from any recognised board/university.

So, you can appear for examination. The maximum age limit to appear for NIFT examination to get admission in these course is 23 years.

So, you can appear for examination and after qualifying in the examination eligible to get the admission in the course. The examination paper contains the questions of General Aptitude Test and Creative Aptitude Test.

For more information about admission in NIFT visit at www.nift.ac.in.
15th February 2016, 01:36 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Yes definitely the minimum eligibility criteria to do a degree course in fashion designing is 12th from recognised board in any stream with minimum 50% marks and 45% for reserved categories as per government rules.
As a Commerce student you are eligible.
You have to appear in the entrance exam that is conducted by the top universities of our country like National Institute of Fashion Designing, Army Institute of Fashion Designing, SOFT etc.
15th February 2016, 07:15 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes, any stream candidates are eligible for fashion designing course after class 12th. Admission is mostly based on the entrance exam conducted by the concerned institute.

The most popular choice among students these days is NIFT which is the leading institute for studying fashion designing in India.
15th February 2016, 11:05 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed my 12th from commerce stream. I don't know how to draw or art. But I am interested in doing Fashion Designing. Therefore i need to know if i can do the fashion designing course?
Yes, you can do Fashion Designing course after 12th standard from commerce group. The eligibility to study B.Des or B.F.Tech in NIFT is a pass in 10+2. You can apply for National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) entrance examination. After clearing the entrance examination you will get a seat in NIFT. It is a prestigious institution. It has branches in many cities in India like Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, New Delhi, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Gandhinagar etc. The website link is Visit Here.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?